The Master Cleanse

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by QuinnTheEskimo, Apr 14, 2005.

1. QuinnTheEskimo

QuinnTheEskimo New Member

I am doing this Master Cleanse to clease my digestive system and eliminate toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body (http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~xiaof/shelly_special/master_cleanse.html) It involves drinking this homeade lemonade drink and not eating. It can be for 10-40 days.

I'm not doing this to rid the THC from my system, but was wondering if it will help at all? Anybody familiar with this cleanse?
  2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Any diet that burns off most of your body fat will also eliminate most of the stored THC metabolites.

I looked over the link you provided and I must tell you that what was stated there is not backed up my any scientific evidence. The program probably won't kill you but it'll stress the hell out of your body and leave you malnourished.
  3. pickyfingers

pickyfingers New Member

Master Cleanse - Stress on the body?

Doing to the Master Cleanse for 10 days does NOT leave most people malnourished. If you have a normal amount of body fat the diet is very healthy. Toxins are the real stress on the body and doing the Master Cleanser a couple times a year can help ensure that you never get cancer. People who use the Master Cleanse and maintain a mostly vegan diet (certain fish are almost toxin free and make for healthy fare) are among the healthiest in the world. This is not some fad diet. It IS scientifically proven.
  4. FXjohn

FXjohn New Member

Utter nonsense. I must say your blind faith in this belief is astonishing.
  5. FakeBoobsRule

FakeBoobsRule Nice legs are a must (LC)

Can you show us this scientific proof? I eat lots of red meat and things with faces and cheese and every thing that is good and I'm very healthy.
  6. Secs

Secs New Member

Well, when I tried the link I got an error message from the Universisy of Calgary Website.

Toxin free? Hardly, unless you buy fish what has been isolated from the rest of the world and aquaruim grown. Todays fish supply has been contaminated with heavy metals among other toxins and it is advised that pregnant women not eat fish caught in certain watersheds and ocean fishing grounds.

As far as I know, there is no substance, diet, or lifestyle that can ENSURE that a person never gets cancer of any kind. I think you really stretched the imagination here.