The Recipe Thread (NON-CANNABIS RECIPES)

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Vicki, Oct 27, 2007.

1. zackskatez

zackskatez New Member

This sounds really good.. I'm going to try this :)

2 people like this.
  2. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Beef Fajitas

Beef Fajitas

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 (1-pound ) skirt steak, cut into thirds
    ½ teaspoon kosher salt
    ¼ teaspoon black pepper
    1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
    1 large bell pepper (any color), thinly sliced
    1 (12-count) package corn or small flour tortillas
    Sour cream, salsa, and guacamole for serving

Directions:

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn and move to the sides of the skillet.

Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper, season with the remaining salt, and cook until the vegetables are softened and the steak is medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer the onion and bell pepper to a bowl. Transfer the steak to a cutting board.

Place the tortillas in a microwave and warm on high for 1 ½ minutes. Slice the steak and serve with the onion, bell pepper, tortillas, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.

3. Dan<3

Dan<3 New Member

i made your chocolate mug cake, it was good... :D

2 people like this.
  4. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

It is an awesome munchie treat that's quick and easy to make! :D

Did you add cannabis?

2 people like this.
  5. Dan<3

Dan<3 New Member

not this time. but i might do later ;) anyway thanks for the recipe's, they all make me hungry ha. ill have to try some more out later.

2 people like this.
  6. 4/20

4/20 ARRRRRR!

Cream Soups (Vegetable):

1 Carrot, 1 Onion, 1 Celery (for mirepoix*, the base of the soup)

1 large head of Broccoli, 2 small packs of Mushrooms, 2 bunches Asparagus (any vegetable you wish the soup to taste like)

Stock (Chicken or Beef is preferred, as it has the most flavour, however vegetable will work just as well - however it may need more seasoning)

Cream

Butter ** + Flour (for roux, the thickener)

The method is for roughly 1 1/2 litres of soup, so use your own discretion if you don't have a hungry family to feed lol (although I bet the munchies make up for that).

Step 1: Dice one carrot, one red or white onion (doesn't really matter, the red is sweeter though), and 3 stalks of celery. Slice your mushrooms, asparagus, etc. to the same size as the other vegetables (this will help even out the cooking).

Step 2: Sweat in butter (margarine also works) all the veggies as this will help to extract more flavour. You'll know when it's ready as soon as the onions are translucent ( kind of see though).

Step 3: Add 4 cups of stock and a cup or two of cream (more or less depending on your personal preference). Bring to boil.

Step 4: Reduce to simmer, and in a separate pan melt a cup of butter. When melted add a cup of flour a third at a time. The roux should be stiff, and chalky.

Step 5: With the soup simmering, whisk in two scant tablespoons of the roux at a time, making sure it doesn't get too thick (if it does, you can always thin it with more stock or cream, even milk works).

Step 6: Let the soup simmer for another 5 minutes to cook out the flour taste rom the roux. Puree or leave chunky for a rustic texture.

Step 7: Spark one up and enjoy a nice homemade batch of cream of _________ soup!

* Pronounce Meerpwa and Roux as Roo

** I'm pretty sure you can use cannabutter for the roux as well.

Any questions, send a message!

2 people like this.
  7. kidkramer

kidkramer New Member

My kids favorite meal.

Beef Stroganoff

1 pound of hamburger
    1 can of mushrooms
    1 can of mushroom soup
    2 diced celery stalks
    1 medium diced onion
    1 16 oz. sour cream
    egg noodles
    1 tablespoon or more of beef bullion or two cubes
    1/3 cup of ketchup

Brown hamburger, add onions and celery when hamburger is almost all brown. Cook until onions are translucent. Drain hamburger, add mushroom soup and bullion, cook for 5 mins add sour cream and ketchup and simmer for 5-10mins while stirring.

pour over noodles and grub out. I usually don't measure the ketchup and I know it sounds weird but it works. Just a couple of squeezes and your golden.

2 people like this.
  8. hello_maggie

hello_maggie New Member

A Quick and Easy Baked Ziti Recipe!

• 1/2 pound dried ziti (I used whole grain!)
    • 15 or 16 ounces ricotta cheese (part skim)
    • 3 cups (or 12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 3 cups (or a 26-ounce jar) spaghetti sauce
    • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
    1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the ziti. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes, drain the pasta.
    2. Place the ziti in a large bowl. Mix with the ricotta and half of the mozzarella. Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Spread half of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pan. Add the ziti mixture and cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and the remaining mozzarella.
    3. Bake uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes, until the casserole bubbles on the edges.
    This dish serves about 6, and is great to freeze and have for left-overs C:
    Cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe | Casseroles | Family Fun

2 people like this.
  9. FLStudio4512

FLStudio4512 Sr. Member

Why haven't I checked this thread out before? all this stuff sounds amzingly good. Kudos on the recipe thread!

10. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I don't know, but you have now! :D

There are many pages of recipes. If you have a specific request, I will try very hard to get it up here. :)

11. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Quesadilla Pie

Quesadilla Pie

Ingredients:

1 (10-ounce) can green or red enchilada sauce
    ¼ cup heavy cream
    4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
    2 cups (8 ounces) grated Monterey Jack, plus ¼ cup for the top
    1 (3 ½- to 4-pound ) rotisserie chicken, shredded
    ½ small red onion, finely chopped
    1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
    1 cup salsa
    1 avocado, diced
    1 cup fresh cilantro leaves

Directions:

Heat oven to 400° F.

In a small bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and cream. Spoon ¼ cup of the sauce mixture into the bottom of a shallow 2-quart casserole or 9-inch springform pan. Top with 1 tortilla and a third each of the cheese, chicken, onion, and zucchini. Repeat twice to form a total of 3 layers. Top with the remaining tortilla, sauce mixture, and cheese.

Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more. Slice into wedges and serve with the salsa, avocado, and cilantro.

12. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Roasted Vegetable and Goat Cheese Pizza

Roasted Vegetable and Goat Cheese Pizza

Ingredients:

1 medium-size sweet onion, cut into ¾-inch pieces
    1 teaspoon olive oil, for onion
    1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
    1 red bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch pieces
    1 small zucchini, cut into ¾-inch cubes
    1 teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 (24-ounce) package prebaked pizza crusts
    1 (7-ounce) container refrigerated prepared pesto sauce
    1 (9-ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled
    ¼ cup pine nuts

Directions:

Toss onion with 1 teaspoon oil; arrange on an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll or broiler pan.

Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until tender, stirring after 10 minutes.

Toss together eggplant and next 6 ingredients; add to onion on jelly-roll pan. Bake 30 more minutes, stirring at 10-minute intervals.

Place pizza crusts on 2 lightly greased baking sheets; spread pesto evenly over crusts, and arrange vegetables evenly over pesto. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and ¼ cup pine nuts over vegetables.

Bake pizzas at 425° for 25 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.

2 people like this.
  13. lizardqueen

lizardqueen New Member

Cheesecake Cookies

Crust:
    • 1 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    • 1 cup chopped pecans
    • 1 stick butter, melted
    Filling:
    • 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese softened
    • 1 cup granulated sugar
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Combine flour, brown sugar, pecans, and butter in bowl. Press dough into an ungreased 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
    For filling, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar together in a bowl until smooth, using a handheld electric mixer; add eggs and extract; beat well. Pour over crust. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into squares before serving.

These are the best things ever! I don't know why they're called cookies cause they're really like little squares of cheesecake. But it's a really easy recipie, I make them all the time. Andd they're amazing for the munchies :D

2 people like this.
  14. Texas Toker

Texas Toker Sr. Member

O M F G ! this was the shit man. I added poblano peppers from my garden and some Oaxaca cheese was awesome munchies!!!!

2 people like this.
  15. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Nice! Thanks for reporting back to let us know how you liked it. That doesn't happen as much as I would like. :D

16. BullHorn

BullHorn New Member

Best uplifter when you are "tired":

Ingridients:
    1 Pasiflora fruit.

Directions:
    Cut top of 1 Pasiflora fruit.
    Insert spoon.
    ???
    PROFIT!

mmmmh, yeah. :)

2 people like this.
  17. katbudz

katbudz New Member

Corn Cake :)

Okay, so my husband came up with this AMAZING recipe. We absolutely love to bake while "baked" ... pun intended...

Okay, so what you'll need is:

2 boxes of Jiffy mix corn bread
    1 can of creamed corn
    1 can of mexi corn mix
    1 stick of butter
    4 eggs

Mix all together and place in an 8x8 baking dish. Bake 350 for approximately 45 min - 1 hour depending on how hot your oven gets.

And then enjoy! Here's a pic....

Attached Files:

• 035.jpg
      035.jpg
      File size:
      425.3 KB
      Views:
    2 people like this.
  18. donnachris

donnachris New Member

I wonder how this recipe would work out of you put the chicken in a baking pan and smothered it with the salsa before cooking??

19. donnachris

donnachris New Member

the amounts are on the back of the bisquit box. and yes they are Yummy!!!!!!!

20. AstroCoaster

AstroCoaster Sr. Member

Baked Bean Chowder

Baked Bean Chowder or "Makeshift Chilli".

3 Quick Swirls of Extra Vigin Olive Oil.
    1/4 pound of Pan frying Steak chopped into 1/2 inch cubes.
    A dash of Salt.
    1 Quick Swirl of Extra Virgin Olive Oil again if needed when the steak is cooked and you add the Garlic.
    1 Clove of Garlic minced.

1 can of Contadina Original style Stewed tomatoes Chopped.
    1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
    1/2 or 1 shot glass of White Vinegar. ( You may want to use less. )
    1/2 Teaspoon of Italian herbs.
    1 Teaspoon of Chilli powder.
    3 Teaspoons of ground Cumin.
    2 Tablespoons of Dark brown sugar.
    1 Half sized can of Bush's Homestyle Baked Beans.

Begin by slicing the steak into 1/2 inch sized cubes in the pot. Once that's done add 3 Quick swirls of Olive Oil, just enough to fry the meat, then add a dash of salt. Start cooking it over medium heat untill the meat is browned. Keep stiring it around.

Once the meat is Browned, reduce heat, add in the minced Garlic and more Olive Oil if it looks like it needs it to cook. Return the heat to medium and lightly cook the Garlic. Keep
    stiring it around.

Once the Garlic's been lightly cooked. Turn the heat off and add in the Stewed Tomatoes. Use a regular steak knife and fork to cut to Tomatoes up in the pot. Add in the rest of the ingrediance, except for the Baked Beans and stir it well. Add the Baked Beans, stir them in and cook it over Medium High Heat for a little wile and then it's done.

--------------------------------------------------

You can also use this same recipe to make a Dinner style dip by reducing it untill it's thick. So you can top it with shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa and eat it with Nacho's.