Thinking about buying the Magic Flight Launch Box,any ideas?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Mr.MarryJane, May 27, 2012.

1. Mr.MarryJane

Mr.MarryJane New Member

Alright guys so this wil be my first vaporizer. I'm thinking about buying it because it's so small and compact. What are the pros and cons about this vaporizer. and wil a vaporizer is there any smell? Fir instance if i were to vap up in my room would my parents be able to smell it?thanks guys for any comments.
  2. 5drive

5drive Slacker

A lot of variables with the MF-not only draw speed, how much you load, and how long you apply the battery, but how much charge you've got left on the battery is also a factor. That said, once you figure it out, it's a great portable for the money, with a lifetime warranty that applies even to user screwup.

All vapes smell when you use 'em. No built-in odor eliminator. But if you use the MF for small hits, the best way to use it IMO, there's not much odor. Don't try for big hits you can feel in the throat and lungs. And you don't need to see vapor exhales either. Take some micro hits and just wait for the high. If you have to get big bong like hits and see vapor clouds then this probably isn't the vape for you.
    2 people like this.
  3. Mr.MarryJane

Mr.MarryJane New Member

What is MF? And what does IMO mean? Lol
  4. m0sh

m0sh New Member

LOL MF= Magic Flight

The proper short term is MFLB.
    I wouldn't go for it as a first time vaporizer...I had one and sold it, and I also brought one to a friend and he sold it as well... not saying I used it properly but I think that it just too hard to learn and has too many drawbacks for me...

For stealth reasons, it is the best no-doubt.
    Easy to use? I don't think so.
    I'd check the WHIPSER or the SOLO

I got a solo, and I'm just loving it! it is not stealth but then again I only need the unit, a stem and a bud ...
    The quality of vapor is astonishing like a desktop vape...
    The airflow is the drawback.... but this is wonder for a solo use...
  5. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Although it's bigger, I think the new DaVinci is a better stealth vape than the MF or iolite/wispr. You can use it as a portable essential oil diffuser, and it doesn't hiss like the butane powered models. Just looking at it, nobody would think it's made to process mj. Due to the higher cost and bigger size though, I don't know that I'd recommend it to anyone who's trying to hide mj devices from parents.

The Solo, as a portable, is in between a home vape and a carrry around portable. If you're concerned about hiding a vape and odor from parents, it's not a good one to go with. An affordable pocket vape like the MF, good for small hits for controlling smell, is a much better choice. Keep the hits (and exhaled vapor) small, and keep it clean, and it'll do the job.
  6. m0sh

m0sh New Member

I dunno I never felt like the MFLB "did" the job...perhaps I was asking too much

Da Vinci seems cool but the battery is not very good

Yeah but I guess in terms of odor MFLB does a better job, yet again...I'd open my window let the vapor out and there shouldn't be a problem with the smell.

BTW, hiding the solo is a problem? really??? its not that big and look like a mega battery or a lighter...

For the sake of vapor quality it is much better than the MFLB
  7. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

The MFLB is highly effective for stealthy vaping. I've used mine sitting in the lobby of Cleveland's best hotel and nobody was the wiser. It does not produce big hits, so don't expect that it will. If you have the patience to get high by taking a lot of smaller hits, it's a good choice. It's also very efficient.

I prefer a big-hitting vape for everyday use. I have a Vriptech setup for that.
    4 people like this.
  8. 5drive

5drive Slacker

There are 3 lithium ion batteries, and 45 min. of vaping time is very good for a battery operated pocket vape.

Compared to a pocket vape, yeah, it is. It's not a walk around stealth vape. Only in cold weather would I have a pocket big enough for a Solo and that long glass stem, and carrying around glass in your pockets isn't the best idea.

The OP is posting about the MF box and likes it "because it's so small and compact". The Solo is only small and compact compared to a home vape.
  9. m0sh

m0sh New Member

He didn't mention it being "portable" and while MFLB is indeed smaller the solo is still not big.

Yes I wouldn't carry it in my pocket however I take a bag while moving it around ( I use a bubble wrap)

And to my point :

This is why I love the Solo, it is my everyday use vaporizer and it does provide a great tasty vapor...
  10. 5drive

5drive Slacker

If he likes the MF because it's small and compact, it wouldn't occur to me to suggest another model that's bigger and not compact. I always feel like it's better to address the OP's parameters, and not just suggest my favorite model.

And if I were trying to hide a vape from my parents, I'd certainly go for a model I could easily stuff in my pocket, vs. one that uses rather large glass stems.
    3 people like this.
  11. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor New Member

Destroying that myth. :D

12. Mutt

Mutt New Member

MFLB is more than enough. It works very easily and is simple to opperate. You don't use much herb at all and can vape as much or as little of the herb that you want. Batteries last about a whole day between the two. I also use about 1/2 as much herb as I used too smoke (with better results). And, can cook with the vapoo.

Get a new one off amazon for 70 bucks ...... can't go wrong with it.
  13. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor New Member

Quite simply the MFLB is as good as the user. If you get how to use it, you'll get massive clouds and lit up off the ground. If you suck on it, like you're trying to suck a golf ball thru a garden hose, you won't find any satisfaction.

There's a 700+ page thread over on fuckcombustion.com (the longest current thread for any vape, on any forum), that's a testament to its reliability, customer service, functionality, etc.

Plus, they have the best warranty in the business... hands down.
  14. pbcmbeez2

pbcmbeez2 New Member

I love the MFLB. I use it in my dorm all the time. It doesn't smell at all. It is very efficient with weed. It is very small and portable, so you can literally use it in a movie theater, walking down a street, etc.

However, it is not good for passing around with more than 4 people. The batteries just don't last long enough. And its too complicated to explain to people. People always heat it up too much, which burns the weed.

All in all, it will get you very high once you learn how to use it. You will need more hits than other vapes to feel the same high though
  15. jluciano420

jluciano420 New Member

I finally got the balls up to vap during work at my bench. (I'm a repair tech for measurement meters) All day long I would take a blast or two, listen to my tunes and I have to admit one of my most productive/fun days. I use the plug/outlet adapter and with the MFLB on my bench people walked right by and never gave it a second look. No dead give-away ordors, small/portable/potent makes my MFLB a 'killer addition' to my collection
  16. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Don't fool yourself. Others will notice the smell long before you do, just as cig smokers don't notice their clothes smelling, while it's easily detected by non smokers. As with any vape, frequent cleaning is the way to go, to avoid odor, as well as being careful to limit how much vapor you're exhaling. The LB does do a better job of containing vapor odor than a lot of models, when the lid is closed, but you do have to assume that others will smell it long before you do.

Some would say it's one of the worst for group vaping, due to the learning curve alone. But it's clearly designed as a small stealthy portable, and I think criticizing it as poor for groups is like complaining that your Prius can't get from 0-60 in 5 seconds- unfair. For pulling it out and being able to take a stealthy, lightning quick micro hit though, I think it's unbeatable.