Throat pain 15-20 minutes after smoking

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by 2-0-Sickness, Jul 21, 2012.

1. 2-0-Sickness

2-0-Sickness New Member

Is it typical? I've been a smoker for 2 years and it seems like I'm the only one in my groups that gets them. I have to constantly drink for like 10 minutes. Especially out of bongs.

2. brynnsamuel

brynnsamuel New Member

I get throat pain too mostly when I use my bong. So I'd say it's normal.

3. lil_rabbit

lil_rabbit New Member

do you use ice? I would recommend that and maybe smaller snaps until your okay to go "normal"

4. OHNOitsNICHOLAS

OHNOitsNICHOLAS New Member

I always get a scratchy throat after hitting buckets, but that's about it. I'd say it's pretty normal

5. The Key

The Key New Member

When I first got my bong, I'd occasionally take too big of hit that my throat can't handle.

6. ctth75

ctth75 New Member

I remember my homemade bong always gave me such harsh hits, and I would feel the pain a half an hour after smoking it. Mostly why I stopped using it. I guess it all depends on how smooth your bong hits.

7. mariguana

mariguana New Member

Yeah dude, I used to get terrible throat pains after a harsh bong toke, it would last quite a bit and it would burn my throat. I don't get them as much anymore, only now and then, but I've learned to get used to the pain.

Try ice, its what I did and after using ice for a few sessions I went back to no ice and I don't get them as much anymore.

I know how the pain is, I can't stop drinking also haha, it's quite a bitch!

8. nugatronica

nugatronica New Member

depends on what kind of bong you have obviously when I started smoking I smoked out of a bowl and that would cause my throat to burn aswell. But I invested in a 400$ dirty rico and I can take a massive hit and I will never feel the burn it has a UFO perc and a 16 arm tree perc so the diffusion is pretty incredible