Tommy Chong Bong! (PRE RAID) (56k)

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by Snipe¤Star, May 11, 2008.

1. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

This is a bong my friend got just recently- it is handblown by tommy chong himself, and is dated to sometime right before the fbi did operation nut-bust (lol dont know the real name) and raided his stuff, along with putting him in jail. The bongs (there is another actually, that hasnt been bought yet) were misplaced in a box that was labeled wrong, and were never confiscated. The guy who found them opened the box up thinking they were PURE bongs or whatever and much to his suprise are 2 original authentic tommy chong glass bongs!

here is the one my friend bought- for a good price too ;)

[​IMG]

Note: That isnt me int he picture, i dont even know who that is. its a friend of the bong owner who came to see it. oh and i dont know what that string is, its some rubber band thing that was on the bong.
    2 people like this.
  2. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

Your thinking of the DEA, and it was Operation Pipe Dreams

Nice bong dude, I'd have to say it's sick as fuck. How tall is it? Is the top just clear? More pictures would be nice, I haven't really seen a Tommy Chong bong before. Excellent find though :thumbsup:

Oh yeah -- be sure to blaze one for our man Mr. Chong. ;)
  3. Darkflan

Darkflan Sr. Member

They have a chong bong at my local head shop. It costs 1400 dollars. Its a 4 footer. They wont let you take pics in the shop though.

Nice bong though man. I've always wanted to rip one.
  4. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

what really? the shop here has the other one for 1200... my friend got that one for 800 though which is an extraordinary deal

its like a foot and a half tall, and there is more design at the very top. Its an awesome bong, it hits amazingly. The bubbles have stuff in them, one of them is a little chong face which i believe is his signature

also, tell me how crazy this is- there is a HAIR from TOMMY CHONG inside the bong! i mean its in between the glass, near the very top of the bong. looked like a crack at first but when we looked at it we were like HOLY SHIT THERE IS A PIECE OF TOMMY CHONG'S DNA INSIDE THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW!
  5. Freedom_User

Freedom_User ....Is really high

Nice piece of artwork you got there my friend.
  6. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

lol its not mine, but thanks :) it is truly a majestic piece of glass.
  7. steakii

steakii New Member

That is a pretty sick bong, but i could never pay $800 for it. That is just way too much money for my likings, but it looks pretty badass.

How do you know for sure that it is a tommy chong bong? Is there like an emblem or something on it that says it? The guy you bought it from might have been pulling your leg to get you to pay more for it.
  8. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Tommy Chong isn't a glassblower. The bong business belonged to his son and Tommy allowed him to use his name and face. When Operation Pipe Dream came down, Tommy took the hit to get his son and his wife off the hook.
    2 people like this.
  9. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

That is a pretty sick bong, but i could never pay $800 for it. That is just way too much money for my likings, but it looks pretty badass.

it is a great deal, considering both its size - its a good foot and a half tall, at least- it has pretty extensive artwork on it, and tommy chong bongs became much harder to come by after operation pipe dreams, where lots of them were seized and smashed. Plus you always pay extra for the name, but whatever.

How do you know for sure that it is a tommy chong bong? Is there like an emblem or something on it that says it?

The bubbles have stuff in them, one of them is a little chong face which i believe is his signature

Tommy Chong isn't a glassblower. The bong business belonged to his son and Tommy allowed him to use his name and face. When Operation Pipe Dream came down, Tommy took the hit to get his son and his wife off the hook.

i stand corrected- thanks for the information. i have always been told by people that he does it himself, so im sure its a common misconception. ill be sure to correct them from now on.
  10. W o O c H a

W o O c H a New Member

Lol are you sure theirs a hair inside the glass of the bong from tommy chong?
  11. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

That's a great fantasy, but in reality the heat necessary to melt the pyrex to embed the hair would burn the hair away to nothing.
  12. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

No. I dont know how, but there is definitely a hair inside the glass. it is absolutely unmistakable what it is- you can see the root and everything.

I'll try to get a picture of it for you, im not joking and im not mistaken either.
  13. Tenderlungs

Tenderlungs Sr. Member

That's a beautiful piece right there.
  14. Freedom_User

Freedom_User ....Is really high

Are you sure that hair isn't just a pube from your friend having a few minutes alone with the bong? I am sure if I had a fantastic piece like that I'd find away of marking my territory with it..

Only joking.

It is a nice bong, but with that price, why wouldn't he just buy a good vape? You'll end up saving money on your weed, and it will eventually pay for itself.
  15. Kofinon420

Kofinon420 New Member

whether he blew it or not, its still a tommy chong bong and is sick as hell.
  16. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

It is a nice bong, but with that price, why wouldn't he just buy a good vape? You'll end up saving money on your weed, and it will eventually pay for itself.

anybody can get a vape. there are tons of people who will smoke their whole lives but will never get the change to smoke out of or even see a real chong bong- let alone own one.
  17. marrons

marrons New Member

It is an awesome piece, trust me i own one now, the same on yall have been talking about :)
  18. wingnut105

wingnut105 New Member

seeking a chong bong

Well, I keep seeing people on many sites talking about theirs or their friends Chong Bong or having seen one in their local head shop but no one ever gives a clue as to where these are located for sale. Yes, I know they are harder to find and fairly expensive when they are found. I just happen to be very blessed and can afford one. So, if anyone knows of one for sale, pass on enough info so I may follow up myself? Don't use any personal info. Thanks, wingnut105
  19. Richard1986

Richard1986 New Member

Wow it's still there? I haven't been to that shop in like a year and it was there last time I went. It's a gorgeous piece.