Top 5

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ibeheath, Jan 3, 2007.

1. ibeheath

ibeheath New Member

I was wondering if someone could come up with their top five vaporizers (regardless of price) based on quality. Also, where would you recommend buying the vaporizer on-line?

2. TiKiTiKi

TiKiTiKi Sr. Member

well I know of a few off the top of my head.. First and formost.. The Volcano is awesome... I currently have a vapor brothers (like $160) that I am pleased with. It his real nice but I need to get a new whip for it. Another brand ive used is called the california vaporizor and I didnt feel it was as good as the vapor brothers and seemed much more like a "knockoff"

hope this helps and keep chiefin

3. Sir Jman

Sir Jman New Member

yeah i have the california. it gets the job done but i want something better.

id prob say

volcano
    super vapezilla/ vapezilla

then im not sure but there are a few expensive digi vapes that look on the level of the super vapezilla here from vaporstore. com

vaporfection stealth, natural goods digi vape

4. RoldGold27

RoldGold27 New Member

The volcano is my favorite. It is really awsome. :thumb:

5. VaporizorMariJ

VaporizorMariJ Sr. Member

The volcano is definatly my favourite aswell. I like most box type vap's. I personally own a Vapir 4.0. Its pretty good but I still think I like Vapor Daddy's better.

6. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Top five?

My list:

Volcano
    Super Vapezilla
    Aromed

Those three for sure.

Vapormatic Deluxe -lifetime parts and labor warranty-bag or whip delivery-hard to leave it off the list, considering the maker, air-2, has more vape models on the market than any other company, meaning the Vapormatic warranty is backed by a solid company.

Naming the last one is more difficult. There are some Vapezilla clones now (Vapezilla itself is a clone of the Fogger, which is now only available from the inventor- [email protected]). The Natural Goods Digital vape has been around for awhile now. It's a forced air whip unit that has a year warranty and can be had for $250 or less with 'best offer' on ebay. There's also, like the Vapezilla, an analog version of the Natural Goods vape. Since Vaporstore, the "exclusive on-line retailer", has the digital version available on ebay with best offer, the digital version is the only one I'd consider. Vaporstore's new digital offering, the Vaporfection Stealth, is even more of a Super Vapezilla clone. Same $500 price, but unlike the Vapezilla units, the Vaporfection has lifetime warranty on labor AND parts. This unit has the sleek look of the Vapezilla models with a much better warranty. Of course, a warranty is only as good as the company backing it, so long term, we'll have to wait and see how the 'Stealth' and other new models fare.

Personally, I wouldn't put any box unit in my top five. The Digi-vapor and other cheap digital box units can't be relied on to give you accurate temps where the herb is actually being vaped, and they have no real method of controlling the temp any better than any other analog box type unit. There are some good box units, but I'd stick with the ones that have been around for a few years, or one like the Vaportower, with a solid company (Vaporstore) behind it and it also has a lifetime heater warranty. Vapor Bros and Vaporwarez are solid, Vaporlight (one of my vapes) is also a nice one. The Pure Vaporizer has been a great buy on ebay in the past, but is hard to find right now. HerbalAire is a great alternative to the Volcano at half the price or less. And Vapolution is hard to beat for the combination of price, glass, portability, and solid build.

7. ibeheath

ibeheath New Member

I ended getting the Vapir 4.0, it was reasonably priced, hadn't seen a bad review for this product, and it came with enough good freebies to really make it worth it. I ended up spending $149 through Mydiscountlighter.com. The people that work there are really friendly as well. Oh, it also looks tight. I get it either today or tomorrow. Can't wait!

8. Sir Jman

Sir Jman New Member

is there a review of the vapormatic deluxe?

9. 5drive

5drive Slacker

10. staygreen

staygreen New Member

whats up with the rechargable vapir for 399.99 that is sold out on all the review sites? are they good?

11. 5drive

5drive Slacker

The rechargable Vapir, aka Vapir Classic Cordless, actually sells for $299 at most, and vaporizers.ca sells it for $234US. I've heard it works well, but it's digital (meaning more potential problems) and only has a 90 day warranty. A 3year warranty will cost you another $100. It's not a good buy unless you need the portability, and if you keep it and use it long enough, you could have charging issues with the lithium battery down the road. It's also a forced air unit, which means a fan. Vapir fans have not been the most reliable, although most failures have been on the Vapir One model. If you don't need the portability/battery use on this vape, the Vapir Vapormatic Deluxe $299 (less on ebay with 'Best Offer' auctions) is a much safer buy. It has a lifetime warranty, and does whip or bag delivery.

As for the Vapir rechargable/corless unit being out of stock at dealers, I doubt that it's because it's the hottest selling vape out there. This model has been around for some time. If this is the model you want, google 'vapir cordless' and about half way down the page you should find a dealer with stock for $250 and free shipping.

Another good vape that's dependable and portable is the Vapolution. It's 12v DC so you use it in a car, boat, camping, etc. without having to buy an inverter. They also sell a 2 hour battery pack and charger. You can get the basic kit for $150, or for $225 you get the works, with battery/charger, 2 buddy bowls (better than the basic straight ones), and their AIW bowl-a 7" glass stem/bowl that's used without tubing. With this bowl the vape is glass all the way.

12. staygreen

staygreen New Member

yea

thanks man, i just ordered the vapir 4.0 and am worryed i made the wrong decision. i did the ebay one and it came with all sorts of goodies so its seemed like the right buy. but then i see all these blogs saying the vapir one needs tape modifications, and personally i dont want to gave to tape my brand new vape.

13. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Hands down vote for - Volcano - What an great device!

Vis-a-vie a lot of research, I've gotten a lot of good feedback re: VaporBros as well - however most everyone I've talked to that has/uses one would prefer to have a Volcano if they could...

Super Vapezilla seems to be getting good feedback but is also a very high pricepoint.

All the other ones out there seem to get mostly not so good feedback

So, if one can afford it - Volcano
    If not, VaporBros

14. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I haven't tried every vaporizer, but I can tell you the Volcano is the best, from what I have heard from other people.

I honestly believe that the Vapor Brothers and Vapor Warez are great vaporizers for the price. Best in their league. I decided the Vapor Warez would be my newest vaporizer.

I have ordered all my vaporizers online. Never had any problems with it either. :)

15. 5drive

5drive Slacker

So the only good vapes are two $500+ models and the vapor bros box? Where exactly is all this feedback coming from that "All the other ones out there seem to get mostly not so good feedback"?

The Volcano is strictly bag delivery, and some prefer the whip. Each system has its pluses. The bag system has no learning curve to speak of- constant temp, constant air flow. There is a learning curve for changing bags though. And there are lots of parts to clean. With a whip unit you get more concentrated vapor, better taste, and more control. And the Volcano is definitely the 'king of vapes', but you can get a reliable bag type for several hundred less in the herbalAire.

The Vapezilla units are whip, but unlike most whip vapes, they are forced air (via fans) like the Volcano. Personally, I don't like forced air on a whip unit, but to each his own. So the only thing Vapezilla and Volcano have in common is forced air. I don't know why people keep comparing them to each other except for the price and the hype. The new Vaporfection Stealth II is the better choice vs. the Vapezilla IMO because it actually has a parts warranty on all the mechanical and electronic parts-3 yrs (and lifetime on the heater). Vapezilla has a lifetime warranty on labor. Big deal. Trouble shooting a Vapezilla and replacing a bad component might take all of 20 minutes. The digital controller, OTOH, costs $200-250, and that price range quote comes straight from the manufacturer.

Warranty is also an issue with the Vapor Bros. 90 days only. The main part to worry about on a simple analog whip vape is the heating element. Vaporwarez has a 5 year guarantee and Vaporstore's Vaporbox has a lifetime warranty on the heater. I'd go with one of those two at the $120-150 price level, or pick up one of the cheap boxes on ebay for under $70. The only thing Vapor Bros. has going for it IMO is the name. It's been around a long time so a lot of people have bought it and heard of it. The box design is a simple one and there are a LOT of different models/brands out there now.

The 1st generation BC vaporizer is probably the all time best seller. It still sells. That doesn't mean it's worth the money. It's a damn hotplate. The Vaportech vape was the Cannabis Cup winner in '98 and '99, but the similarly designed but much improved Vapolution has since left it in the dust.

The vape market is changing and growing. Don't get stuck on the big names.

16. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

no agenda here other than to contribute what i've found - empirical or otherwise.
    and common '5drive, my 2nd rec was Vapo bros ( + - $150) so please be fair re: context-

isn't this about helping each other find the best means to an end?

17. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Sorry if I came across as saying you had any agenda other than giving good advice, but you're saying the Volcano and the Vapor Bros. are by far the best choices and forget the rest. That's like saying if you can't afford a BMW 760, get a Honda Accord, and forget the rest cause they just don't measure up.

I don't think you're being fair to the Super Vapezilla, saying it's very high in price. It's 20 bucks cheaper than the Volcano. Are you saying that no whip unit is worth $500? That depends on the person. Not everyone likes bags for vapor delivery. Some like the SV better than the Volcano, and since it's cheaper, wouldn't that make the SV a good buy vs. the cano if you like forced air whip delivery with a digital temp controller? As a disclaimer, neither one of these vapes interests me. I've got the herbalAire when I want a bag of vapor, and the SV's lack of parts warranty takes that one off my wish list. But I can appreciate the merits of both.

Have you really gotten feedback on "all the other ones out there", and "mostly not so good feedback" on all of them? This is my biggest problem with your post, and the only reason I responded to it at all. You're dissing a lot of good vapes. I bet I can name some good vapes you've never heard of. And I'm not talking about all the generic box types either. A lot of vapes are sold or not sold via word of mouth on boards like this one, and I think it's important to provide only the info you're sure of. I don't tell anyone not to buy the Vapir One. A lot of people like it. But I will warn that the fan has not been reliable if someone asks about that model. The fan problems are a statistical fact.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time sterbo, I just think your post lacked some information and your 'feedback' is insufficient. There are a lot of good vape models on the market. It's mostly a matter of deciding the type you want-box, bag, hand held, battery operated, digital, analog-and getting the one that suits you for the best price.

18. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

So, at least for me, onward and upward
    and to you, 5drive, I would like to say thanks - Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts regarding this (or any subject for that matter). The value to others who are trying to understand a given subject and 'drill down' through huge amounts of information is invaluable...

Regards -

19. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I always try to get as much information as I possibly can, no matter what subject it is, so I always appreciate all the input I get. Thanks for all the information in this thread. :)

20. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Thanks for the thanks sterbo. Hope to see you around the Lounge. :cool: