Turn weed smoke into a liquid?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by required, Jun 2, 2009.

1. required

required New Member

I'm trying to find a way to turn the smoke into a liquid so that I can put it in an aerosol can. Another method would be to directly soak the bud in something and put that in the can (preferably not alcohol because if it has to be heated to get the THC out, I don't want to risk the kitchen catchin on fire). Any suggestions?

2. benjammin21

benjammin21 New Member

unless we have some extremely intelligent chemists around i dont even think this is possible to do...atleast with anything you have around your house.

BUT you can easily cook your cannibus and make a drink once the thc has been extracted. then maybe put that in an aerosol can? i dont even know how or why you would ever want it in an aerosol can. sounds dangerous to me...be careful

3. mondaymonkey

mondaymonkey Sr. Member

Basically you want the cannabaniods right? You need some sort of Decarbonization medium, (lipids like fat/oid work great).

Hmmmm I'm not entirely sure how to isolate Butter/Oil from Cannabaniods. Perhaps a reverse osmosis system?

4. kuipo

kuipo New Member

oh yes you can, not exactly what u asked for, but something similar... i'll try it tomorrow :D

Sublingual THC - Grasscity.com Forums

or if you don't have that much time to wait, try it with alcohol (everclear works best) and it'll only take like half the time (however, they say, the longer the better)

5. jay_aye_dee_420

jay_aye_dee_420 New Member

Very interesting idea :)

However, I don't think that is something you would ever be able to do. We should get some scientists to work on that

6. Vince331

Vince331 New Member

Two words: bong water.

lol

7. Sith Lord

Sith Lord New Member

They sell something called liquid smoke at the grocery store.

Watching Good Eats (Alton Brown is my personal savior), AB made a wood fire in a outdoor stove with a chimney and on said chimney he made a cooling condenser that collected the smoke and well, cooled and condensed it and let it drip into a pan. It was this dark brown, almost gooey substance which, apparently tastes pretty yummy that he uses as a cooking ingredient. And he only yielded a few milliliters from a cord of wood so I'm guessing you'd need a whole shitload of weed to do this particular trick unless you scale it down significantly.

Isn't there some kind of trick where you can take your weed and make a mash with acetone or alcohol, strain out the bits and let evaporate and you've got your extract?

2 people like this.
  8. nornerator

nornerator New Member

Considering cannabinoids are quite non-polar the solvent you will need will either be an alcohol, lipid, or some flammable alkane like butane or hexane. In fact all of those are quite flammable.

Cannabinoids when pure are solid crystal or oil, neither of which you would want to put in an aerosol can.

I would have to understand exactly what you want to do with the end product to help any further, so far it sounds like what you want to do will be impossible without an expensive custom solvent.

9. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

Liquid Smoke that you'd find in a groery store is a flavoring agent, and has no place in this discussion. It does NOT turn smoke into liquid.

10. Sith Lord

Sith Lord New Member

you read the rest of my post, right?

11. tayg13

tayg13 New Member

i love when people whip out these crazy links. :hail: Nice work, im going to have to try this soon. An eye dropper full would be amazing! Think of the possibilities, you could be high anywhere!

2 people like this.
  12. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

Heat isn't necessary

Just put the the best herb you can get in a container of alcohol 1.5-2 grams per ounce of alcohol and let it sit in a dark place for at least 1 month (longer is better-like 60-90 days). Buy a small spray bottle at your local pharmacy and pour the liquid through a coffee filter or cheese cloth into the spray bottle. Heat will speed the process but if given enough time all the chemical ingredients will come to an equilibrium within the alcohol.

13. lambz

lambz New Member

im thinking like a THC spray (think: AFRIN) for your nose, like inhale the THC vapor. My friend did something like it with _____(off topic drug) and it worked fine so if someone could actually get THC oil, thatd be awesome. Im gonna try it. more posts later.

14. SixShottaJ

SixShottaJ Sr. Member

try puttin cannibutter in a nasal spray lol

15. Monsoon77

Monsoon77 Sr. Member

Thats what i was gonna say

16. jay_aye_dee_420

jay_aye_dee_420 New Member

I don't know about you, but I would rather not spray butter up my nose ;)

Even if it has THC in it

17. N0TaCRIMINAL

N0TaCRIMINAL New Member

well, you can make pot milk by boiling it in whole milk to extract the thc.
    or, you can make cannabutter and use that to make any kind of drink that you can use butter in(a milkshake?)

18. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

Snorting tincture

I laid on my back face up with my head hanging off the bed and put a small amount of alcohol based tincture in my nose and snorted. Work well but burned like hell. This was with 35%alcohol vodka at a ratio of 2.5-3 grams of bud per liquid ounce. I would not try this with tincture made of Everclear/190, you might scar the inside of your nose.

19. kuipo

kuipo New Member

I'd rather put it under my tongue, it'd work the same, without the nasty side effects.

Another method would be to make THC oil (using hexane) and then diluting the oil in some vodka, and applying it under the tongue, that'd be waaaay faster than the other method (leaving the weed with the alcohol for a couple of months), however, not as easy.

20. lambz

lambz New Member

thats kinda my idea but without the butter. like just thc oil but a little more watery.

and i never got around to actually trying it. i was very very high, kinda like i am now. hehehe.