Urine Shelf life unrefrigerated

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by Mudd5150, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Mudd5150

Mudd5150 New Member

What would the results be if Old urine was substituted for a piss test? Would they be able to tell. It stank somethin aweful. I mixed it with some water, no temp strip on bottle. The Piss was clean ,it was just sitting around at room temp for almost a month. will the lab be able to tell?
  2. Secs

Secs New Member

Well, the smell with definetly tip them off, and the added water will probably render the specimen adulterated.

Why did you have pee sitting around in a bottle for a month?:yikes:

When did they take the temperature? What did your paperwork say?
    What was the circumstance of your test? Was this an employer based test or court ordered?

So many questions.... so little answers.
  3. cracklepop

cracklepop New Member

definetely. if you really had to keep urine around that long for whatever reason, you should of atleast tried to dehydrate it. i would of tried to get a fresher sample from a friend, or nice donor. i am pretty sure your specimen smelt like a very strong amonia. i am not an expert but i think its a hard chance to submit a sample that has been diluted with water like that.

you know if the guy took the sample and accepted it and gave you paper work stating the temperature had passed.

you will more than likely get a negative. hopefully. which in most cases you get to take the drug test again.

or if really suspect its been tampered with badly, failure.
  4. Secs

Secs New Member

I think you mean "Negative Dilute".

A negative is a pass.
    A negative dilute means one of 3 things for employment:
    re-test; pass or fail
    for probation, a negative dilute usually means a fail.
  5. Mudd5150

Mudd5150 New Member

Yeah It was for probation. As long it doesnt come back with drugs in it I pretty sure Im ok. No temp strip and supervised test. I try to keep fresh cleen around because im on methadone and would like that to show up positive since its permited for me but I had no choice , it was use the old stuff or fail. Think it will still show up posotive for methadone? Does anyone have an idea what the lab result would be, being its that old. I mean its not diluted, very little water added, it was still yellow and if they dont smell it wont the machines just show what drugs are present and which arent. Or is there a chemical change that happens when it goes bad that labs test for? thx
  6. Hawg

Hawg Sr. Member

I would think an integrity test would tell them that it was old urine. Doesn't the protiens start breaking down after about 8 hours or so?

Here is some quik info for ya. 5 hours or so at room temp, up to a week in the fridge, and a year and a half in the frezzer.
  7. Explicit

Explicit Sr. Member

Adding water = bad. Not to mention the age. If they do any sort of integrity testing on this you will be failing.

You have made no mention of what you are worried about failing this test for. Marijuana? How long ago did you smoke?
  8. HSChronic

HSChronic New Member

Human urine will last about 5 hours at room temp, and about 48 hours in the fridge.
  9. JackBauer

JackBauer Sr. Member

Both of those answers are wrong. Hawg is pretty much right. Sec3 is telling us it might be a little longer than 5-8 hours at room temp but it is good for like 2 weeks or so in the refrigerator and a year or so in the freezer.
  10. Hawg

Hawg Sr. Member

I think Sec is right it probably is longer at room temp, but the smell increase's as time goes on at room temp which might red flag you to a seasonded tester.

What do you think Sec?
  11. Secs

Secs New Member

Yea, when that "amonia" smell wafts up and smacks you right in the ole olfactory, :yikes: that gets your attention. But, like the color, there is nothing I can do about it if it passes integrity tests or if it is a DOT test.

In the case of a DOT test, it is forbidden for me to perform any integrity tests on the specimen. It must be packaged up and sent to the lab for any and all testing.