Used twice, July and October... Hair test

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by Riddilen, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Riddilen

Riddilen New Member

The only time in my life i have smoked was from a bowl just twice (july and Oct 2011), only one hit each time and what i thought was some pretty weak stuff.

I have a hair test within the next month (end of april 2012)

I basically shave all my hair off my body anyways, always have, as i cant grow facial hair well and ive been balding anyways since i hit puberty.. The only place im worried about would be my eyebrows and eyelashes.

I actually dont have to go in to this place for a couple weeks. I have trimmed my eyebrows and lashes and legs. (just trimmed so within the next 2 weeks it will just appear to be thin hair and not cut intentionally) Im not worried about the rest of the hair on my body because what i can see i shave usually anyways. I havent shaved my chest in awhile (couple weeks) so im gonna let that grow out and see if they take that.Tried to make things appear as natural as possible and doesnt appear that im hiding something. I have good metabolism as well.

I really think i should be good and highly doubt anything would have shown up anyways. Your thoughts?

2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg New Member

I'm in a similar situation:

-I tried weed brownies (and weed, for that matter) for the first time on October 29th, 2011. I ate two of them.
    -I had a hair follicle test on the 6th of April, which was 155 days precisely since the incident.
    -I've had 3 haircuts in that time.
    -The lady took about 1.2" of hair from the top of my head.

I'll post my results as soon as I receive them.

3. colakoala

colakoala New Member

Hair tests only go back about 3 months (give or take 2 weeks). Even if your hair is longer than 1.5 inches they'll only send the closest 1.5 inches to the lab for examination. Also, it is possible to pass smoking only once in a small mount during those 3 months.

I'd say you're both good. Being that it is April, so long as you haven't used anything in 2012 you're golden.

4. Riddilen

Riddilen New Member

Thanks colakoala.
    Only thing i was worried about really is the metabolites still bein in eyelashes, brows and leg hair just because they grow at a slower rate than anywhere else.

Im fairly confident that Hiesenburg and myself are good to go. HB for sure is good, especially if they just took hair from your head and youve had a few haircuts since

5. colakoala

colakoala New Member

True, but you're still looking at 6 months since last use, and the concentration for a one time use may be too low for them to pick up, especially if you think it was weak bud.

6. Riddilen

Riddilen New Member

Found some more info (the problem with info online is that it is difficult to distinguish what is credible information)

"Hair testing generally uses 1-1/2 inches of hair, representing about 3 months’ growth (head hair normally grows at about 1/2 inch per month). It is generally accepted that in order to test positive, the drug in question must have been used 3 times or more within the window of the test. After a drug is used, it takes about 7-10 days for the hair containing the drug to grow out of the scalp enough to be cut."

from http://www.drugtestingnetwork.com/hair-testing.htm

7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg New Member

For the record, I passed. you're going to be fine.

8. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

Given the info posted by the OP, I would be VERY surprised to hear a positive result. There are many kinds of hair tests out there, but the average employer is not using the same level of hair test that the CIA is using for pre-employment. You have to remember that most employers are generally looking for a problem in a potential employee, not a one-time thing that happened months ago. They drug test because they want to know if they have a habitual user on their hands because they deem this a potential problem on the job. Most employers are not going to be running a high end hair drug test anyway, even if they were extremely strict because the more in depth the test, the more prohibitive the cost. Hope this info helps!

-Dave

9. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

Given the info posted by the OP, I would be VERY surprised to hear a positive result. There are many kinds of hair tests out there, but the average employer is not using the same level of hair test that the CIA is using for pre-employment. You have to remember that most employers are generally looking for a problem in a potential employee, not a one-time thing that happened months ago. They drug test because they want to know if they have a habitual user on their hands because they deem this a potential problem on the job. Most employers are not going to be running a high end hair drug test anyway, even if they were extremely strict because the more in depth the test, the more prohibitive the cost. Hope this info helps!

-Dave

10. bigdg

bigdg New Member

You should be good listen to Dave i used about three weeks ago but only about four hits of high grade but none before or after and i just passed a test without trying to cheat and im black and i keep a low cut so the used my armpits