Using A Hookah Like A Bong

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by Silverbackman, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Silverbackman

Silverbackman New Member

I have a hookah that I don't use much, it looks like this;

[​IMG]

Technically, hookahs are water pipes. In Half Baked they seem to use a hookah (Billy Bong Thorton) like you would use a bong.

At the same time I often hear that hookahs aren't good for smoking pot. I heard that they consume more weed.....but how could they consume more weed than a normal bong since both are water pipes? Sure the bowls tend to be bigger but you can always put the normal amount. Does it really make a difference?

Have you smoked weed from a hookah water pipe? If so, how well does it work? And do you have to use charcoals (not sure how to use them)? I would just use a lighter and it should basically be like a bong if you use a lighter.

2. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

Hookas are great for smoking pot! I don't know who tells you different...

The one drawback is that they typcally have a large, shallow bowl. As a result, bowls tend to burn up quickly.

When I first started smoking pot, I smoked from a hookah that someone brought my mom from somewhere in the middle east (Egypt, I think). By buddies and me would sit indian-style on my living-room floor and pass the whip around.

Ahhhh, misspent youth. :chokin:

3. Del Beano

Del Beano New Member

They use more pot because the coal on top keeps it burning even when no one's tokin. I like to use them because you can have the hose in your mouth and be doing other activities like playing video games at the same time. You can just not use the coal and keep lighting it every time which would cause it to burn just as much as a bong would.

The two times I smoked out of a hookah, I got completely destroyed. I could barely even move, it was so awesome.

4. bryansm

bryansm New Member

get a adapter

just get an adapter. It make it just like any other bong uve hit out of, except it hits really hard. It looks you have the top that takes charcoal and alum. foil. Just get a piece that goes in to make it have a real bowl. they have em for like 10-50 bucks at the headshop near me ....just depends how fancy and how big. my friend has a "herbal bowl" on his and got a slide that cant hold about 10 grams. you could fit half a softball in that thing. plus aluminum+smoking=aluminum oxide which is a poison.

5. Silverbackman

Silverbackman New Member

Couldn't you just use a lighter like a regular bong?

6. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

You sure can. Charcoals are what its designed for, but any ignition source will work.

7. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

Ive smoked out of hookahs, never using a charcoal.

Its a great smoking device, IMO. Very smooth indeed. I wouldn't buy one though.

8. i love weed 420

i love weed 420 New Member

if you don't use it much and don't like it, you could always mail it to me:D

anyways you can use a lighter ur bowl will just burn a bit quicker, it's just like i half baked (just the design's a bit different)

peace:wave:

9. bryansm

bryansm New Member

have fun with that.....

yes but like i said when u smoke out/on/in/whatever aluminum foil you make aluminum oxide which is hell for your lungs and is correlated with alzhiemers (sp?).
    I have smoked off of aluminum foil once. it felt like a knife going down my neck, made me cough up a storm. just my 2 cents so take it as u wish

10. thaaster

thaaster New Member

I am going to Israel this summer with my temple.

Apparently, it's a right of passage to buy a hookah in the Holy Land, and smuggle it back home.

My friend brought back, and when she calculated the cost, it cost her $1.50.

That prospect excites me...

Thaaa

11. cubis

cubis New Member

I have a hookah and worked in a shisha cafe for 5 months... I tend to prefer mixing the molasses with ground up or pulled apart mids. I did it with dro everytime I tried it with marijuana, but I like the hookah regardless.