Using a Vaporizer to pass drug testing?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Moxy, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Moxy

Moxy Guest

Ok, first of all I would like to claim total ignorance about this topic, it's just an idea =)

when you smoke weed, alot of chemicals are released, TetraHydraCannabinol Delta 9 is what gets you high right? and that is gone within a few hours (after your high is gone).. so what shows up in your urine? and is the chemical still released if you use a vaporizer to get high? because a vaporizer only heats up to release THC, it doesnt really burn it..

once again, i have no proof, just wanted to see if anyone else was thinking what i was thinking =P

2. Jack_Torrance

Jack_Torrance The Other One

im pretty sure they search for metabolites or soemthin, and thats what thc breaks down into, so you would still fail.

3. Panama

Panama Seasoned Activist

Thread Moved

To the Chemical an Physiological forum.

4. guru420

guru420 Guest

no matter how you slice it, if you smoke marijuana, or vaporize it, or eat it....it will show up in your tests.

5. guru and jack are correct. What they detect in your urine is whatever the THC breaks down into, which remains in your body for some time. When you vaporize, you are still getting the THC, which will still break down and then be detectable by drug tests.

6. Jenetik

Jenetik Guest

THC is stored in lipid soluable molecules in the body (i.e., your fat). The only thing that will remove the THC metabollites from the body is your own bodies metabolism. Excersice is the best way to increase your metabolism.

7. sgtspliffkin

sgtspliffkin New Member

if you gotta go do a test i would buy something like the urinator or something like that. but, if you're just theorizing and don't need to pass a test, then ignore this.

8. twizedjoker420

twizedjoker420 New Member

actually

well when u use a vaporizer it burns more than just the thc in the pot and thc is just the main actice chemical in marijuana tht gets u high but it also is caused from other cannibinoids in the pot and the combination of all the chemicals meeting and its most of those cannibinoids that show up on urine test which is released evan with a vaporizer

9. mud_head

mud_head New Member

wow. alright guys, the jig is up.

any consumption, any at all, of any form of THC, will end up popping a piss test. it is the metabolites they get you for, end of discussion.

10. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

Any reason you felt the need to bring up an 8 yr old thread just to say whats already been said?

11. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

THC metabolites.

The THC that gets burned up in any kind of smoking device doesn't get you high. Burned THC isn't THC anymore, just like wood ash isn't wood. What gets you high is the THC that gets vaporized by the burning weed but avoids getting burned itself. Vaporizers are more efficient than smoking devices precisely because they don't burn up a lot of the THC.

Vaporizers in no way help you to beat a drug test.