Using Acetone To "Concentrate THC"

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by SlaveToBackPain, Oct 29, 2010.

1. SlaveToBackPain

SlaveToBackPain New Member

I want to learn how to "Concentrate" the THC in different ways. Can anyone tell me the best methods of extracting?

Can I Make A Highly Concentrated form in some way?

Thanks!
  2. HalfBakedAlex

HalfBakedAlex New Member

I think what you're asking is how to make hash. I've read that you can use acetone, yes, just make sure it is completely evaporated(tell by smell) but honestly, smoking something that's been sitting in a chemical used in nail polish remover and when cleaning does not sound like a good idea to me.

There are a host of ways to make hash which range from using a multiple piece grinder that will sift most everything away and then pressing it(look up how to press hash) to buying bubble bags. You don't need to use chemicals to do it and I have a feeling a bit of finger twisting when using a grinder to get kief or ice water and a blender when using a bubble bags is far safer than using a chemical.
  3. SlaveToBackPain

SlaveToBackPain New Member

What is a bubble bag? I am trying to make hash oil but highly concentrated, or something to that effect. An "Extract"
  4. HalfBakedAlex

HalfBakedAlex New Member

There are a few things you could do.. I guess you could use acetone for that. Put it in a jar and squirt it? I've seen a few things like that at the cannabis cup, though I'm not sure what they used as a solvent aside from Everclear, I'm sure there are others you can use if that isn't available. Look up cannabis tincture recipes and you'll find some recipes and methods of preparing it.

Another option is putting it in food if it is just because you do not like smoking or vaping. I know some people on the forums put all their stems in a vinegar salad dressing and it works great. That will take some time but it's a good way to recycle your stems. Most oils will absorb it as well as far as I know.
  5. AstroCoaster

AstroCoaster Sr. Member