vaped weed for hash oil

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by lildevilpunk8008, Jul 2, 2009.

1. lildevilpunk8008

lildevilpunk8008 New Member

i was wondering if anyone has tried to make hash oil out of your already vaped weed. if so how good did it come out, was it stoney etc.
  2. quentin132003

quentin132003 New Member

Do you mean by using iso alcohol extraction or actually making hash from the abv and then honey oil from that?
  3. lildevilpunk8008

im talking about the way with a glass pipe and butane bottles here a video on youtube of what im talking abouthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWrWfd-0UjI
  4. quentin132003

quentin132003 New Member

I would not know to be honest maybe somebody else on here can answer that. Personally I just do an iso wash. If it does work let me know though I would be interested in trying that.
  5. lildevilpunk8008

alright ill let you know if i get enough saved up to make some
  6. Bullethead

Bullethead Banned

What is the ISO method to deal with ABV?
  7. quentin132003

quentin132003 New Member

Take your ABV and grind it up. You can use a coffee grinder, I use a mortar and pestle, if you have enough a blender. Take some iso alcohol and put all your ABV in a jar with a lid, Then pour the iso in until it's covering the ABV then shake it up well for 1 minute (no more or you will start to get unnecessary plant matter). Then pour that through cheese cloth, to get all the solids out. You can squeeze out the extra liquid from the cheese cloth. Run through a coffee filter if necessary.

Now you have a container with the oil mixed with iso in it. Take a pot and heat up some water (not boiling, use quarter-half power and no flames no open stoves, no cigs, no hitting the bong you are going to be creating a potentially flammable atmosphere make sure your place is well ventilated. While I have never heard of this happening based on the smell I do not doubt it is possible) and put a large plate over the warm pot (like a lid) and pour the mix on the plate. In a few minutes the alcohol will have dried out and you will have dried gooodness left in your plate.

Hope this helps. Happy toking.

Oh and here is a thread with a lot of other things to do with abv

http://www.marijuana.com/vaporizers/64192-what-do-you-guys-do-your-abv.html
    5 people like this.
  8. Bullethead

Bullethead Banned

Thanks for the information!

I tried this and it works pretty good. Take note that more is not better in this instance meaning that I shook it longer than a minute thinking I would get "More" stuff....wrong...what you will get is lots of almost liquafied plant material and your end product will be black as used car oil.....not good.
  9. quentin132003

quentin132003 New Member

A really good ideal for what to do with the oil is make a tincture. I pulled this from a guide that can be found at http://www.marijuana.com/vaporizers/125049-wandhash-definitive-guide.html

Wandhash can be extracted using a similar method and is dried the exact same way as this method and thanks to buzzby I gained an awesome method for using the sometimes difficult to use extractions.

You can also put the oil into a tincture. After you extract your oil you use just enough Everclear (190 proof drinkable alcohol) to dissolve all the oil. A few ounces should do it. After creating the tincture you can store it in eyedropper bottles. This tincture is great for any kind of food or drink. It can also be vaped on top of a load of weed. The tiny amount of alcohol you inhale isn't enough to get you drunk and is harmless. The tincture solves the problem of the oil being sticky and hard to work with. Do not set fire to anything before the alcohol has had enough time to evaporate out. Also be careful if putting it on a vaporizer and do not set the temp too high.
    2 people like this.