Vaping temps - which are the best?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MonarchX, Jul 6, 2008.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

I can take on a bowl of Vapolution in 5 seconds in high temp and in half hour at low temp. Both temps produce vapor, but high temps produce more. All vaped down to brown.

1. To get most THC out, shouldn't a person vape at lowest temp vapable?

2. Do different vaped THC temps give different high's? If so then is there more info on this?

I saw a YouTube video of an older man saying that people with glaucoma like lowest temps and people with cancer with high temp vapes.

2. gratefulvideofan

gratefulvideofan New Member

I am curious about this also. I have only been vaping for a couple days now.
    The first time I tried the vapir with friends we set it at 300F and all got very high of some KB. I vaped that same KB disc later at 360F and got high again but a different high.
    So far as long as I keep the Vapir set below 380 i don't burn the weed.

3. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

Yo, the Search feature is where its at homies :cool:

What Vaporizing Temperature Should I Use?

So,

Well, if you just want THC, yes. As 5drive pointed outed THC starts to vaporize at 140° C. Above that and your getting THC + a bunch of other stuff;

From my personal experience, yes. If I vape at a lower temperature I get a lot of the cannabinoids I wouldn't get vaping at a lower temperature. Some of these additional cannabinoids induce the 'body high', whereas vaporizing mostly just THC makes a cerebral 'uppity' high.

I hope that helps. :)

11 people like this.
  4. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

Say what? You mean vaping at lower temps won't get you all the cannabinoids?

Thing is... if you vape low temp but slow then weed still turns brown and gets rid of all THC crystals one way or another. So, what I was thinking is that maybe vaping at low temps gets them ALL because temperature is slowly rising?

5. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

Vaping at a lower temperature releases only those that vaporize at a lower temperature. If you increase the temperature you will eventually get all of the cannabinoids and THC, vaping at lower temperatures only releases certain elements.

I'd suggest start vaping at a low temperature and slowly incrementally increasing the temperature to produce the desired 'thickness' of your vapor. Once it starts burning, you'll know, even before it does -- a nasty taste reminiscent of burnt popcorn is a common description of a fully vaped bowl.

6. shibshib

shibshib New Member

Uh oh... I've been having my 'cano on 6.5. I guess I'll try 5.5. =\

7. 5drive

5drive Slacker

5.5 to 6 on the 'cano should be perfect for clean THC release. At 7 you're probably getting some dirty vapor. :kakapoke:

8. sa60taj

sa60taj New Member

How about black magic in a volcano classic?

I pack a fresh bowl and set the volcano classic to 4, mostly getting incredible flavor and some heady highs, I turn it up .5 until right at 6, this seems to be the stopping point on my volcano before vape becomes nasty, bag the vaped for cooking and repack.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what temps to vape black magic at and if i stand to damage my solid valve set in any way by doing so.