Vaping vs Smoking (don't fall asleep)...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by sterbo, Jun 9, 2008.

?

Marihuana drowsiness and method of delivery...

1. Smoking usually makes me drowsy

48.6%
  2. Smoking rarely makes me drowsy

17.1%
  3. Vaping usually makes me drowsy

17.1%
  4. Vaping rarely makes me drowsy

15.7%
  5. None of the above, they both are more or less the same

10.0%
  6. Other

11.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Interesting question came up earlier today.
    It seems that the majority of cannabis users tend to get sleepy after smoking.

Our mate ADIDAS says vaping cured that syndrome for him.

I fall into the minority re: smoking.
    Smoking, from the very first, and still to this day 'wires' me. And it doesn't much matter whether it's Indica or Sativa in my bowl.

Vaping, on the other hand, is hit and miss. Sometimes it makes me wanna crash and other times I'm wired as usual.
    I'm starting to chalk it up to Sativa or Indica being way more of a factor in vaped form as it pertains to sleepiness that makes the difference.

What about the rest of you?

2. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

I'm with ADIDAS.

Smoking makes me drowsy. Maybe its the high and not so much being lethargic but I just don't have the same energy, am often lazy and the most appealing thing is often a nap in front of the boobtube.

When I vape I have energy. I am stimulated, I read or write, I go outside. I am much more likely to complete a task when stoned just because I feel like something should be done, haha.

I voted smoking makes me drowsy

3. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

I do both in abundance, and have never noticed a difference. When I first got into vaping, everyone told me to expect more of an "up" high, but in reality, thats something I haven't noticed. I find I can get higher and smaller amounts using a vape, buit haven't noticed it being any more of an energetic high.

4. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

Yea, I dont get that dragged down, crashed feeling after Ive vaped. As for blunts, might as well smoke it in the sack (pun not originally intended, but it works well)

5. blackandgoldpride

blackandgoldpride New Member

I dunno if this is true for everyone but I feel like when I vape at lower temperatures I don't get as tired. I have a volcano and can usually squeeze two decent sized bags at around 6. It could also just be that I have learned the amount it takes me to get to where I want to be.

6. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

Well, I never expected an 'up' high. But I do experience a more cerebral high (head) as oppose to visceral (body), thats for sure.

7. Conky

Conky New Member

when I get baked with my SSV I'm fine until I sit down. If I get right up I can have a ton of fun, and not feel tired at all. Most times I'm trying to chill though so it'll knock me right the fuck out after a short while if I'm sitting

8. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I definitely get a more energetic high using a vape than I do smoking. When I first started vaping I was doing some 50/50 hybrid mids that made me sleepy if smoked in a joint. With the vape I wasn't falling asleep. I was getting up and dancing. Then I got my hands on some AK-47, a hybrid with such a high level of Sativa that it won the Best Sativa award at the Cannibas Cup. Vaping that stuff is almost like taking speed. If I vape it before bed, I won't get to sleep for at least a couple of hours, so I have some Indica mids that I use medicinally.

I haven't tried vaping any of the heavy Indica KBs. I know they knock me out when I smoke them. I generally prefer Sativas for fun and Indicas for medicine.

9. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

Smoking ALWAYS makes me drowsy. I have never vaped though. I've been trying to look for more Sativa dominant strains because they are said to give you a more 'up' high

10. stoner_123

stoner_123 New Member

Well I've smoked for what seems like a gazillion years (recently started using pot instead of black hash) and found that smoking always knocked me out ... now i entered the world of vapping.... no more tiredness, awesome head buzz. Still haven't learned the right temps yet or quantity to put in the bowl and how long it lasts. Everytime I think its spent, i dump it out, replenish with a fresh grind and vape away. i have tried using the vaped stuff a second time and find that i still get awesome hits from it..... the learning curve continues.
    I have also accumulated a fair amount of keif (at least that is what i think it is) from all the grinding. what do i do with it? smoke it in a joint or vap it? should i sprinkle some on top of my spent herb and re-vape it? or just dump it all in the bowl and vape it all at one time??

11. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

The kif is pure essence, the high potency trichomes that fall thru the screen.
    I often wait till I figure my ground bud is at about it's 1/2 life and then sprinkle some kif on top and very gently mix it in.

With my volcano I then turn the temperature up heat wise and vape away.

Try it; it's a whole new love affair...:cool:

12. Fryguy22

Fryguy22 New Member

i think this has more to do with what bud your packing then anything else. Although, when vaping you don't get all the cannabinoids like you do when lighting it up. Cannabinoids usually provide more of a body high as well as drowsiness.

13. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Although the type of herb you use can make a big difference, you can't ignore the huge effect of the major toxins that you get with smoke. Both carbon monoxide and benzene are sleep inducing poisons. In the dosage levels you get with smoking, both have a big drowsiness effect, unless you're a freak of nature like sterbo. ;)

3 people like this.
  14. vern

vern Sr. Member

I voted both vaping and smoking make me drowsy. The highs are very different for me though. Vaping is a much cleaner, heady high...where as my smoking high is more "cloudy." In the end, I get tired either way.

15. YungCust

YungCust New Member

I find that certain situations can change my high. The only time that I vape is in my room, usually alone or with one other person, a situation where I would expect to be tired, but the vape gives me a cerebral sativa-like high. When smoking, I find that my tiredness depends upon how I have been feeling that day/what I am doing.

16. ITG

ITG Ardent Dilettante

I've only vaped once, and it was great, but I don't particularly get tired while I'm smoking either. I smoke a lot of tobacco, so maybe I've built up a tolerance to benzene and such. And it also might be that I almost always smoke a cig or cigar either during or after smoking weed, and nicotine is a stimulant. Maybe it's just I don't like to fall asleep while high unless I got high just to go to sleep- I feel like it's a waste of the high. And that migt give me a psychological edge.

17. subnoize rat 420

subnoize rat 420 New Member

vapeig does give me a more hyper high in less im vapeing with the hotbox vape..idk why. but smoking buds never makes me tired just makes me super happy and makes my body tingle and make everything look diff. but at the sametime it all looks like same..:cool:

18. Herbania

Herbania Don't fear the reefer

I'm with Buzzby, I Vape and I tend to get more buzzed and up. I do both, Vape during the day when I got to get stuff done and want to conserve, and smoke at night before I go to bed to get sleepy( I have bad insomnia). If I vape, I can't sleep for an hour or so until i stop rushing. If you're getting the same high vaping as smoking, then I think you may have your temp too high and be borderline smoking it which i have done accidentally by spacing off and leaving my whip on too high.

19. timmimak

timmimak New Member

how hot, i run mine at 190C. So crank it up to like 205 C?

20. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Yea,
    or a tad higher...