Vapor bags.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TastyBongWater, Mar 25, 2010.

1. TastyBongWater

TastyBongWater New Member

I wanted to know how long the marijuana vapor stays good for in a bag. I mean the bag that is supplied with a higher end vape. Find a way to seal it then breath it in at a later time, few hours, not days.
    Anyone done this? Vaped a bag and sealed it and saved it for a little bit later?

2. Kushy

Kushy down

Vapor, when in contact with a cool surface, will eventually start to condense onto the surface. A good example is if you take a bong rip but don't clear the bong, the smoke, after a few minutes will get "stale". Stale smoke smells awful because after all the THC condenses on your glass bong, all you have is combusted plant smoke w/ no THC floating in your bong. Nasty :eek:

Anyways, long story short, the same is true for vapor. If you pump a bag full of vapor, after awhile it will slowly start to stick to the side of the bag. It won't all condense within 5 minutes but I would guess that after an hour or so most of it would have condensed onto the bag. If enough vapor condensed on your bag, eventually you could probably scrape the bag and get a lot of condensed bag-hash back :cool:

2 people like this.
  3. lwien123

lwien123 New Member

Yeah, I'd try to consume what's in the bag in about 10 minutes. You can go longer, up to 30 min, but I'd bet you lose about 50% of THC or possibly more, due to condensation, assuming that no vapor is leaking out.

2 people like this.
  4. Le0n

Le0n New Member

I have heard the bags stay fresh for HOURS and Iv also heard that you are able to refrigerate it for a day or so. Then again, iv never tried it, and I was also under the impression that cooling it will cause it to condence.

5. lwien123

lwien123 New Member

Will not stay fresh for hours and will not stay fresh by refrigerating it. Condensation begins to occur as soon as the vapor enters the bag, so you really want to empty it as soon as you can.

2 people like this.
  6. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Best way to use a bag vape is to have more than one size bag. Then you can just fill the size you want to use and save the rest of the bowl for later, instead of trying to save a bag of vapor for later. Vapor just doesn't keep, and putting a bag of vapor in the fridge is totally counter productive. It'll just condense faster that way.

2 people like this.
  7. lwien123

lwien123 New Member

Or, if you're using it alone, just don't fill up the bag all the way.

8. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

One of my vapes is a Volcano which, by the way, I love.

I've found over the years that the vapor is best used up within a +- 30 minute window.
    After that it's still 'good' but is starting to dissipate in strength and rapidly becomes more harsh.

I still keep the vapor however and instead of inhaling it will hold it away from my face and release the valve allowing the vapor to travel through the air towards me just for the benefit of the smell which is lovely.
    Even with the vapor left in the bag for many hours (even days) it's still very very nice to blow it around that way...:cool:

2 people like this.
  9. 5drive

5drive Slacker

I like my bags fully erect. Must be a Freudian thing.

2 people like this.
  10. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Same here.
    As well, I have various size bags made up for when I'm flying solo or when friends show up...:)

11. 5drive

5drive Slacker

That method vs. multiple bags also depends on which vape you're using. It's much cheaper to do multiple bags with the herbalAire or Extreme than with the Volcano, where the valve system raises the price on adding more bags.

12. lwien123

lwien123 New Member

I have a Zephyr where you can just replace a bag on the valve. You can't do that with the 'Cano?

13. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

That's only the case with their 'easy bag' system'.
    With the 'solid valve' (which has been around since inception) one only need clip on new bag material, which is extremely inexpensive...

14. 5drive

5drive Slacker

But you still need a valve for every bag, as far as having multiple bags ready to go, right?

15. lwien123

lwien123 New Member

Ah, in that context, you are right. I just don't see the need for multiple sized bags to use in a bag vape like the Zephyr that comes with two valves. For personal use, just fill up the bag with the amount of vapor that you believe that you will use within a 10 to 15 minute period. When friends are over, just fill up the bag to max and while it's being passed around, blow up another one. Takes about 30 seconds.

But hey, we all like to do things a bit differently, so it's all good, eh?

16. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

If you are constantly wanting to switch between bags instantaneously then yes.

However, I just have different size bags made up (bag only) and when I want to switch ( say I'm solo or with a friend and others come over) then I simply slide the first bag off the valve and slide one of the spares on. Takes me about 1 minute or so which is quick enough in my book.

One valve, multiple bags = inexpensive and fast...

17. Juggernaut

Juggernaut New Member

So will the vape eventually dissipate? Like i couldnt take it to bed with me and toke on it if i have a nightmare in the middle of the night?