vaporizer better for lungs?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Rusty_Cage, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Rusty_Cage

Rusty_Cage Sophist

i've been smoking far too often lately and it has taken a toll on my lungs. this has led me into the month break that i started the other day. i run track and i can't have the lung problems i have been experiencing recently, even though smoking in season hasn't affected me in the past. well, to get to the point: would vaporizing weed be any better for my lungs than simply smoking it?
  2. WhiteBoy

WhiteBoy Sloth

from what ive heard it should help alot....
  3. foild_

foild_ Guest

hell yes :)
    vaps are alot better for you :)
    i would say go and buy one if u can spit up the cash :)
  4. Shaman

Shaman Seasoned Activist

Yes! Most definately! If you don't want to shell out for a full vap system, you can get a heat gun at sears to light your bowls with. Well, not light, vaporize, but yeah. It's like $100. You'd also need a pipe who's bowl is somewhat away from your face to be able to hold the heat gun up to it without melting yourself.
    Do you smoke cigs? Those, imho, are much worse than dank.
  5. FootlongFatty

FootlongFatty Senior Member

100$ = Crappo
    This : I]{moderator: Sorrry, forum rules is no public links to commercial sites. Selling ad space is how we keep this site free...hint: you are allowed to pm them though ;). Thanks for your understanding }[/I] = Rad, its 65 bux check it out![
  6. pipedreamer

pipedreamer Guest

Vaps are certainly less harmful for your respiratory system than combustion smoking. Do a search on the net using a few spellings ie., vaporizer; vapourizer; vaporiser; vapouriser to get a good idea of what is out there.
    I have been researching Vaps for over a year (I am developing my own for eventual market), and I have concluded that the convection style of vapourizer is the best kind. Convection means that a hot stream of air is drawn or forced through the MJ and then inhaled. Someone motioned using a heat gun... that is convection.
    The other design you will find uses conduction. This process works by putting ht MJ on a heated surface and collecting the resulting vapour in a chamber for subsequent inhalation. Generally these types use a modified soldering iron (MSI) with a glass dome. MSI Vaps work, but they are inefficient and most of the ones you can buy are junk.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask.
  7. foild_

foild_ Guest

like i said, i think vaps are wonderfull..
    only bad thing is that they dont work as well for smokers
    and they also are expencive.
    go to your local headshop, and see what they have
    -foild
  8. bo-battie

bo-battie Senior Member

too bad our (foild's and mine) headshop overcharges everything and has virtually no selection when it comes to vapourizers. they're assholes too.
  9. foild_

foild_ Guest

hehe, agreed, im sure lots of headshops have a low shelf sellection of vaporizers, best bet might to be to check it out on the internet..
  10. Barrett-9317

Barrett-9317 New Member

Here's My Opinion...

In my almost six months of smoking experience (yeah, I guess I'm still pretty new), the best way to go is a water-pipe. Much more soothing on your throat and lungs than a hot, stinging joint (my least favorite method.) You can take some killer water-pipe hits that get harsh on the lungs too, but those are few and far between. Water pipe is definitely the way to go!
  11. legendarytawnya

legendarytawnya New Member

Skeptic turned Believer

Vaping is better. Better high, better quantity, better for lungs. I just got my v-tower a couple weeks ago and I was soooo nervous about spending so much money on something I honestly didn't think would work for me. I am a heavy smoker, 2o a week (joints and bong) and I have only used like a half this past week. I have never been this tated before. I have stopped coughing and feel like I can breathe so deeply now. The whole reason I got this thing was because of health concerns. Even at the tail end of a bout with bronchitis, I can hit this thing like a champ and not cough at all.

I did a *lot* of research before I bought mine and if you have any questions just send me a PM, I'll be happy to help where I can. I am so so so freaking tickled with this thing, I can't even express it.

PS: We named him the Commodore. Is there a point in me telling you that? Not at all, but the random tidbits, I think, are an endorsement of their own ;D
  12. paperorpipe

paperorpipe New Member

Vaporizing is much better for you than your lungs. You can also cook it if that works for you.