Here is some info regarding vaporization that I thought may be interesting to some people. I recently bought a Vaporizer, a V-Tower Extreme, which I am very happy with. This is not my first vaporizing experience as I have been vaporizing for over ten years now. This is the first "commercial" vaporizer that I have bought myself. All of my past personal vaporizing devices have been many various homemade devices from basic heat guns, to using a butane soldering gun with a modified ceramic heating element, to using various heating elements making a "globe" type vaporizer and even a homemade version of a vapor box. I have always wondered how much weight is lost in the herb, which would give an estimate of the amount of the active ingredient that you are trying to vaporize. I attempted to leach out as many unwanted ingredients as I could in order to isolate the active ingredient and to get the best possible estimate of its percentage weight. I did this first by boiling the herb, (in its original form, before grinding) in water for a few minutes to leach out any water soluble ingredients, since the active ingredient in the herb is not water soluble. This is actually a technique, that some of you may have heard of, that makes the smoke or vapor much smoother to inhale because most of the water soluble ingredients are what makes inhaling it "harsh". Doing this does not decrease the potency of the herb because the active ingredient is not water soluble and I have verified this many times by a direct comparison between the same herb boiled and unboiled. I then let the herb lay out to dry for several days until it was crispy dry. Then I grinded the herb up once and then laid this out for another day or two to get it as dry as possible in the open air. Finally I placed the herb in a 200* oven for a few minutes until I thought every last amount of water was evaporated from the herb so there would be no water weight left in the herb that would also add to the weight lost during the vaporization process. I then ground the herb again to make it even finer. The name of the herb used is the same as a "Black Widow" spider, only its "White".:hail: I took an original sample of 20 grams and kept it stored in a mini mason jar to insure that the amount of moisture absorbed from the air during the time it took to vaporize, was kept to a minimum. I vaporized the herb using the V-tower Extreme with the temperature set at 230*C/446*F using the bag system with the fan set at low. The herb was vaporized until, what I would call "complete" in my experience, which leaves the herb medium to dark brown in color almost like tobacco. I also viewed the herb under a microscope to ensure it appeared like other samples I have viewed in the past, that I thought were "complete". Each experience was no different then using the herb at anytime in the past, nor was the amount used to achieve this experience, any different then the amount used in the past. After each vaporization, the "completed" herb was again stored in a mini mason jar, until all of the 20 grams had been vaporized. I made sure to clean the bowl completely so that all of the used herb was collected. I then weighed the sample at the end to see what the total amount of ingredients were vaporized to give me an approximate percentage weight of the active ingredient. The weight of the sample was 16.48 grams. Divide 16.48 by 20 and you get .824 which means the percentage weight of the ingredients vaporized was .176 or 17.6% by weight. Now when you look at what the starting sample and ending sample looks like, before and after vaporizing and see that you still have 16.48 grams of something in that jar, it can be hard to accept that it is used, but people have said that an herb of this variety is known to contain about 18% of the active ingredient, which this experiment has verified. I have also used other ways to estimate the amount of active ingredient of this same herb and I found similar results. So if you are ever sitting there, looking at the ashtray that you have dumped your "used" vaporized herbs in, don't feel like you may have missed something, because more then likely, the herb doesn't contain a large percentage of the active ingredient you are looking for to begin with. Now I know that this is not an "exact" experiment since there may be other ingredients that are vaporized, because their vapor temperature is at or below the temperature used to vaporized the desired ingredient. This is why I attempted to eliminate as many of those as I could. As I said, I have done many different experiments to estimate the active ingredients in herbs as well as many ways to verify that a herb is completely vaporized, by microscope and other techniques, to make sure that as much of the active ingredient has been extracted as possible and these results are in line with many of these other experiments. I have also had many a test done on a herb that I thought was used, by having someone else see if they can get anything out of the herb and believe me, you want nothing to do with what is left when I am done with it LOL. I hope you find this informative. I am not claiming that this is anything "official", I just thought that some of you may find it interesting so I am sharing my results with everyone. If you have done anything similar, please share that with us. Hope you enjoy.