Vaporizer questions - THC release comparison?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MonarchX, Jan 10, 2008.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

1. Is there any comparison done as to how much more THC is being released from a good vape session vs good bown/bubbler/bong session? How much more THC will you get out of 1g of weed in comparison to burning 1g?

2. Supposedly MJ has more than just THC in it and those chemical can be beneficial. Does vaporizer do a better job at sustaining those chemicals? Or does it make release THC only?

3. Smoking cigarettes is bad for health and lungs. Would using a vaporizer on tobacco be less harmful to lungs and health? Do vapes even work with tobacco?

4. Are there any new (in-development) vaporizers that I should wait for? I am looking for $200 range and as slim/mobile/portable as possible (yet well functioning one).

5. Can you buy VaporStar in USA online?

2 people like this.
  2. tokinGLX

tokinGLX Sr. Member

1. there was a study done with a volcano....dont have it bookmarked anymore, but im sure somebody round here can dig it up.

2. there are many cannabinoids present in the herb that we love, not just thc. vaporizing will enhance the effect of these cannabinoids only in the manner that as they enter your body in a hit, there are less pollutants entering you at the same time with vaping, so there is a higher chance of exposure to lung for the cannabinoids to absorb into. there are a few cannabinoids that you will never get through vaping, because their boiling point is so close to the point of combustion. the only way to really snatch these up(aside from smoking the herb) is to cook with your vape ash.

3. yes. yes.

4. no, i would suggest a ssv or herbal aire for that price range.

5. i dunno, but i doubt you should have much trouble at all finding an online shop to sell you one of those.

2 people like this.
  3. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

Thanks! I was looking more into VaporWarez because its cheaper, but from what I heard still does the job perfectly fine.

Why do people attach bongs to whips and such? Why filter it through water additionally?

Also, is it easier or even possible to clean whips and glass from the residue?

4. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Some THC is lost with smoking vs. vaporizing, but there hasn't been enough testing done to determine exactly. As tokin said, vaping doesn't give you all the cannabinoids you get with smoke, so it's somewhat of a tradeoff between healthier ingestion vs. 'getting all the goodies'. The biggest difference noticed by most people is much less of the sleepy, couch lock feeling you get with smoking. To a large degree this is because several of the toxins you get with smoke (or even to some degree with higher vaping temps), including carbon monoxide, produce the sleepy effect and they are either not present or present in much smaller amounts with vapor.

I would put the Vaporwarez VaporCannon closer to the $100 price range since it's available on ebay for $120. Hands free adds $20. It is small (most vapes are, certainly ones at $200 or less), but you've got to have AC to run it. And portable/mobile for an electric vape usually means it will run on an optional battery pack. Portable electric vapes to consider would be the Vapolution and Vapir Oxygen Mini. Both use the same type of battery pack. Vapolution is ready to go for car use (12v DC), and the Mini is smaller and less bulky to carry, but your hits with the Mini aren't up to par with Vapolution or other whip vapes. I've got the herbalAire (not very portable) and Vapolution and can highly recommend both. The Vaporstar is a UK product but can be bought on-line and shipped to the US. I don't know if any US headshops carry it.

Water doesn't filter tar or carbon monoxide but will trap some THC, but not a significant amount. It will filter solids/particulates and cool the vapor somewhat. Personally, I've never had a problem with vapor being too hot. I have more of a problem with the higher volume of air you get with a water filter (dry throat).

As for cleaning, it depends on the vape as to how easily and thoroughly it can be cleaned. If you're trying to remove all traces of vapor residue, that can be anywhere from difficult to impossible for an electric model. The Vaporstar may be more like a pipe as far as cleaning. I'd PM Supertorch for info on that model.

2 people like this.
  5. tokinGLX

tokinGLX Sr. Member

cleaning the wand of the whip vapes is incredibly easy. the vinyl tubing, not as much. the wand simply scrapes clean after a couple minutes and the tubing i replace every couple of months.

the best thing about scraping the wand is the vape hash you will collect out of it. very potent stuff that accumulates in there.

2 people like this.
  6. snugg98

snugg98 New Member

this may b a stupid question but no matter what temp I put my digi vapor on I seem to be blowing out smoke how do I tell if its vapors or smoke

7. hippie557

hippie557 New Member

Vapor should resemble the vapor that comes off boiling water. Mist-like gas that should be very cool on the lungs and maybe even tickle the throat some.

As far as the OP's questions go, I don't think you would want to put tobacco leaves in your same wand as your wand that you vape weed with. I only say this from a general rule of thumb that you don't smoke tobacco out of bongs and such that you smoke weed in. I would guess it takes away from the taste and the hash. However, if you want to put some tobaccy in there, go ahead.

Vaporizers have seemed to come along way as with the rest of any technology. From here on out, I'd only really see improvements such as more user friendly/easy of use things in future models. Can't go wrong with buying a vape now, loving it and after you've had it for awhile, upgrade to the newest hottest model.

Your original question: I would guess you get more THC if vaping in a "perfect environment" where the temp is perfect and a lot of surface area exposed. You generally get a clearer high because, as others have said, you don't inhale and tars and toxins to give you the fogginess. This absence of tars and toxins is the biggest draw for me to vape and I haven't used my bong in awhile.

2 people like this.
  8. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Smoke is a product of combustion. If you burn your herb instead of just heating it up, the remains will be black, then ash. Vaped remains are just a dried out, crunchy brown. And it should be easy to tell the difference when you inhale even high temp vapor vs. smoke. Vapor also dissipates much quicker than smoke.

9. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Also,
    the resulting odor of vaped marijuana is completely different from that which is smoked...

2 people like this.
  10. will toke 4 food

will toke 4 food New Member

1. Is there any comparison done as to how much more THC is being released from a good vape session vs good bown/bubbler/bong session? How much more THC will you get out of 1g of weed in comparison to burning 1g?

Depending on the vaporizer you get, it really depends how dedicated you get, i don't really like the taste after its been vaporized for a while so i change it when it burns out completely at 365, my friend goes up to 400 where it just ends up burning.

2. Supposedly MJ has more than just THC in it and those chemical can be beneficial. Does vaporizer do a better job at sustaining those chemicals? Or does it make release THC only?

I am assuming you are talking about the cannabinoids in weed, and yes, yet some of them might not release the same way as smoking, which is why people say its a slightly different high.

3. Smoking cigarettes is bad for health and lungs. Would using a vaporizer on tobacco be less harmful to lungs and health? Do vapes even work with tobacco?

Yes they work on tobacco, they also work on other herbs, I would advice researching other herbs before trying, tobacco is safe, but i would recommend using straight up tobacco as opposed to breaking up cigarettes, as there is alot more crap in there than tobacco.

4. Are there any new (in-development) vaporizers that I should wait for? I am looking for $200 range and as slim/mobile/portable as possible (yet well functioning one).

Yes, in the sense that you can buy a playstation 3 now for one price, or you can wait a while until a playstation 4 gets out and save some money. If you plan to get a vaporizer, waiting is kind of a waist, just get whatever you can that is the greatest bang for your buck(look at reviews and such) and if you see one that is coming out soon that you like, then wait, but don't wait for the sake of having a better selection.

5. Can you buy VaporStar in USA online?[/quote]

I don't know about the VaporStar, or the company that makes it, but most likely, yes you can buy it in the US, I had trouble finding a website that was reliable that was based in the US and i eventually found one. If you are dedicated on getting the vaporstar, good luck, I can't really help you find any site that sells it, but if your just looking for a US based site with really good vaporizers, check out vapir.com, for 200 dollars I would get the V5 One, I have the mini oxygen which i like but i hear good things about the V5 One