Vaporizer Smell?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by IbeToken, Dec 10, 2005.

1. IbeToken

IbeToken New Member

If I decide to use a vaporizer in a closed room, will it smell the room up? And more importantly, will people be able to smell pot coming from my room? What exactly does it smell like?

2. Gkat13

Gkat13 New Member

i wouldn't take my word for it... but when I used a vaporizer I could barely smell it. It didn't really create a WHOLE lot of smoke... but if it's a place where you need to conceal smoking, pretty much nothing works except for a fan and some strong air freshener/incense. And if people know what pot smells like... they almost are always able to tell.

3. Gkat13

Gkat13 New Member

Now I have a question for you... how do you start threads???? I can't figure it out.

4. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Go to the forum listing for the forum in which you want to start a new thread. Up above the list of recent posts you'll see a button labeled "New Thread".

5. IbeToken

IbeToken New Member

If you were to walk in a medium sized apartment where someone was vaporizing would the smell be intense or not noticeable?

6. Gkat13

Gkat13 New Member

Like I said... use a fan(air conditioner, heater, whatever) and buy some air freshener and you should be fine with the vaporizer. I've only tried it once,m but I recall releasing very little smoke and it didn't EXACTLY smell like weed in my room. You can never be too careful when it comes to an apartment though.

7. UCF420BJ

UCF420BJ New Member

It all depends on the type of bud your vaporizing. If you vape up some super funky kind bud, than yes you will have a pungent, strong aroma. But if your smokin some mid-grade commercial junk, than the smell won't be as strong but will still be there. IMO i think that the way the weed smells before being vaporized, is how it will smell once it is vaped.

8. Tayler

Tayler New Member

u dont smell a thing...

5-10 mintues afterwards

99% garrenty... i vap lots..

9. teufelfisch

teufelfisch Seasoned Activist

The smell is less than smoking, but it's still there.
    Don't trust your own nose after hitting the vaporizer. After a short period of time your brain doesn't perceive the smell anymore, just as you don't notice the feeling of your clothes on your skin most of the time, or you block out the sound of a ceiling fan. Just because you don't smell it doesn't mean someone else won't smell it. Take some precautions.

2 people like this.
  10. mewa

mewa New Member

use a empty toiletpapper roll and some dryer sheets and pit them in the roll and blow smoke through the tube and i will smell like laundry

11. Wickedclownz26

Wickedclownz26 New Member

Yeah what your talking about it a blowie...
    It works for smoke.
    There is no smoke from a vaporizer.

What you can do with a vaporizer is take a fan and put dryer sheets flat on the back of it so it circulates a clean smell throughout your apartment.

-clownz-

12. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

What comes out of a vaporizer doesn't smell at all like marijuana smoke. It smells a lot like popcorn.

Keep a bowl of popcorn on your coffee table at all times and you should be fine. :)

13. Wickedclownz26

:laugh:
    Took a lot of intelligence to come up with that one.
    Nice buzz!

-clownz-

14. brookie43

brookie43 New Member

ya

ya the vaporizer does have a smell. I know when im using my volcano with my purple kush . It leaves a pungent kush smell in the place that is absolutely amazing. Especially on the first couple of bags. Most often it only smells like popcorn on the later bags as the indo is starting to become useless. Maybe it depends on the quality of the vaporizer when it comes to fumes. The volcano has an amazing smell. Ever step into a VAPOR LOUNGE? the SMell is epic!
    Here in vansterdam we got the BCMP VAPOR LOUNGE. I walk in , and the smell is too sweet I just want to get back home right away to hit mine.

15. Wickedclownz26

Smells fun.
    :chokin:

-clownz-

16. 28Grams

28Grams New Member

Nice man. :D :cool:

17. Bari

Bari New Member

Another thing that works perfect with vaping is just a single candle, it would take care of any tinge of weed smell. Usually there isnt really any, only if you have some really skunky smelling stuff which tastes awesome in the vape btw.

18. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Since this is the vape forum, where we promote a cleaner and healthier way of ingesting mj, I'll get on my soapbox :soapbox: and promote the safer types of candles-soy and beeswax.

"Candles add to the warmth & atmosphere of a home, but some candles can contribute to an indoor air pollution problem by emitting particulate matter (candle soot) into the air. Candle pollution not only discolors the walls, ceilings and contents of a home it can also contaminate the ventilation system's ductwork. This is especially true of ducts constructed from fiberglass "duct-board". It appears that petroleum-based (paraffin) candles and scented and/or aromatic candles are the worst offenders. Most candles on the market today are made from paraffin wax or a blend of paraffin and other waxes. Paraffin is a derivative of petroleum. When burned they release carcinogenic toxins such as benzene, toluene, formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, acrolein and soot into the air. The emissions from paraffin candles contain many of the same toxins produced by burning diesel fuel. It is like starting up a diesel engine inside you home!"

Indoor Air Pollution and Your Health - Free Information from EHSO

19. Bari

Bari New Member

Ya thanks for that. I burn soy candles, they come in a bunch of amazing smells and burn clear with none of the blackness from the cheap candles. I had cheap candles once and they didnt burn even and they did stain the wall black. None of that though from the soy candles.

20. Big Jew

Big Jew New Member

The vapor smell is not as intense as weed smoke.
    But its there.