Vitamin C!!

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by Triangle Man, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Triangle Man

Triangle Man New Member

:fencers:---- I read this around somewhere in the fourums. They were talking about vitamin C helping your body absorb the thc better to enhance your high. Is this true?? :confused:
  2. Fatpot

Fatpot New Member

i don't think ive ever heard anything like that before
  3. ReeferOne

ReeferOne New Member

I used to have this crazy french teacher who used to ALWAYS told me to take vitamin C when I got sick. She was like take 5000mg you'll feel great!

As for your theory, never heard of it but anything's possible.
  4. InLoveAndDeath

InLoveAndDeath New Member

Drink a ****load of OJ and tell us what happens! :wave:
  5. anonymity

anonymity New Member

There's a rumor that Vitamin C makes a non-basic trip more intense, but I think it's just a rumor. That's probably where this Vitamin C enhancing high thing came from.

Really doesn't make much sense, so I'd say it's not true.
  6. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

There is no scientfic evidence that vitamin C increases a marijuana high or an off-topic "trip". This is simply one of those pointless ideas passed from genreation to generation with absolutely nothing backing it up. Don't waste your time, as it won't afffect your high at all, unless you get somewhat of a placebo effect.
  7. Triangle Man

Triangle Man New Member

:fencers: -------Thanks for the info. Probably just a placebo. I'm a give it a try though. No harm in doing that. :hail: :bong2:
  8. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I wanted to say something because I thought it was interesting. I take Buspar and have taken Xanax and both say "Don't drink grapefruit juice while taking these medications." So, I asked the Pharmacist why, and he said the grapefruit juice can cause them to become OVERPOTENT. So, I got to thinking about the vitamin C thing. What if drinking OJ when you smoked marijuana had the same reaction, or even grapefruit juice? I know both have vitamin C. Not sure if grapefruit may have something in it different from orange juice that would cause a reaction. Maybe this is where the legend started? I'm not sure, but I think it deserves more research. :D

P.S. I only mentioned my RX's because it was necessary to explain my thread. I hope I don't get into trouble. :D
  9. Has nothin to do wit this thread or post but congrads on givin up ur habit today. I'll probably be takin that road soon.

peace,

smokin(weed that is)
  10. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Thank you. I know I will breathe much better quitting. Hopefully my lungs can recover to some degree. I get to keep vaping my marijuana. :D
  11. Hashishi

Hashishi Unf*ckwit'able

yes it would. if your low on vitamin c then your high wil be less effective because your brain aint working as well. and seeing as how its very rare that people are high on vitamins (no pun intended) taking vitamine c will increase your high...not nescessarily on any noticable scale but the theory is all there :)
  12. SNOOPiiE

SNOOPiiE 420 LOUNGE RAPPER

I think if ur in the sluggish mode of ur calm down from bud, I think if you drank some OJ or took some VC Then maybe your highs will be better because ur body should be replenished from the vitamins.

But im not no scientist. So I could be completly wrong!

K33p smokin!
  13. reefermadness1

reefermadness1 New Member

I know Vitamin C for sure helps protect against some of the harmful chemicals that your body absorbs when you smoke cigarettes. So I'm sure it'd do the same for some of the tars you get when you smoke a nice joint. Other then that I've only heard rumors of C making your highs better, or off topic trips better.

But what I do know is taking lecithin can make your highs a bit less hazy and you'll sleep better, this is from personal experience.
  14. SmokerForPeace

SmokerForPeace Jr. Activist

FYI, grapefruit juice inhibits an enzyme that normally breaks down those drugs. My opinion on the vitamin C rumors is that it's all placebo effect.
  15. misterhymetoker

misterhymetoker New Member

I guess you can trick yourself into having it work both ways. When tripping out on some incredibly potent brownies some time ago with one of my buddys, he suddenly started getting incredibly paranoid at the thought of his mom coming home. I had remembered hearing something about vitamin c in relation to mj so i told him that if he took some he would sober up a bit. Must have been a placebo effect but it worked none the less.
  16. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Ok, I understand about the grapefruit juice now. Just for everyone's information, I have been increasing my vit C intake recently, and it takes less weed for me to feel the effects. This was before I even read this thread. :D