walmart drugtest?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by lindseynicole, Oct 29, 2009.

1. lindseynicole

lindseynicole New Member

My boyfriend is in the process of getting a job at walmart, does anyone know how they drug test?

2. Speyds420

Speyds420 New Member

Unless he has some sort of serious medical issue I personally think it may be time to put the marijuana aside for a bit and focus on bigger and better things. Wal Mart is a great step and will provide him with life skills and a cash flow and hopefully he applies it towards a college education or trade school.

3. Speyds420

Speyds420 New Member

Also I would assume they test for drugs, but then again I've had a few unpleasant experiences to make me think different.

4. lindseynicole

lindseynicole New Member

we'll i know for sure they drug test and thanks for the advice but he's 22 and we are pot smokers and we arent changing that anytime soon, just need to know if they mouth swab or if it's a pee test. we'rre just trying to get extra money to move to a new apartment so the job isnt mandatory just available.

5. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I used to work at Walmart, in the pharmacy, and they always do a pre-employment drug screen. It is standard procedure for all departments. When I took my test, it was a urine test, but that was back in the late 90's. I'm not sure if it's still just urine, or if they might have switched over to a hair test, etc.

This will probably get moved to the drug testing forum, so maybe you will get better answers there. :)

6. MetallicaFan495

MetallicaFan495 New Member

When I applied to wal mart I applied in the store on their computer. Above the computer was a little sign that said "if you do drugs, dont waste our time by applying to this store."

Yes they do drug test, and im sure its a urine test. If not you could just say that you wanna do a urine test. You could make a case that you used to smoke, cause THC stays in your hair for like 8 months or something like that. Just say you'd rather take a urine test.

7. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

If they admit they used to toke, they probably wont get the job. It's one thing to have toked years ago rather than weeks ago, and they know that and will move on to the next applicant.

If it were me, I would just go ahead and apply. Then do a sub for the test, but don't bring up cannabis. They are very intolerant, trust me.

8. KushCaptain317

KushCaptain317 New Member

Wal-Mart does a pre-employment drug screen. It's a piss test. Just make sure you pass the test and you'll be good to go.

9. 29pages

29pages New Member

Fuck Walmart. I was thinking of applying there so I asked someone who works there and he said they also do random drug tests while you work there. Now this was at a receiving facility and not a store so I don't know if they do it for stores but either way I want nothing to do with a company that does that.

10. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

The random drug testing must be a new thing because I was never told about it. Nor was I ever randomly drug tested while I worked there, in the pharmacy. I talked to people that worked in the main store while on breaks, and they were never randomly tested either. I had a pre-employment drug test, and never had another one the whole time I worked there, which was a couple years.

11. 29pages

29pages New Member

3 people like this.
  12. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Ok, I was right, this is something new, started Sept. 2008. I copied and pasted this:

It has been announced that Wal-mart will be implementing a Random Drug Testing program starting on September 1, 2008. Details remain sketchy, but rumor has it that they will be testing 50 percent of workforce per year with this this Random Drug Testing program. It is unknown if management will be tested as well.

Why is Wal-mart doing this? This program is going to be very costly for the company and how do they expect recoup their costs for such a massive Random Drug Testing program? Our analysis has indicated that there is a foreseeable downturn predicted for economy and that Wal-mart will use Random Drug Testing as a tool to rid themselves of employees to downsize for the upcoming future downturn in the economy. This will save the company money by not having to pay severance packages and benefits in case of layoffs.

In a confidential Memo Wal-mart outlines that the reason for implementing a Random Drug Testing program is to improve their image ( This is a very poor reason for subjecting their employees through this humiliating process). We firmly believe that Wal-mart has other reasons for implementing this program. Since Wal-mart is not unionized employee do not have the luxury of having union leadership negotiate the details of the Random Drug Testing Program. Other problem with this program is that Wal-mart is not allowing people ample time to get clean on their own if they are indeed has been contaminated by toxins. In addition, Wal-mart has not enacted a substance abuse program for those that fail their drug test. Also, there is no programs in place for medical marijuana patients when/if they test positive.

2 people like this.
  13. gambit2007

gambit2007 New Member

Walmart Drug Testing

Walmart does Urine testing, they have you do it in that medical doctor office thing at the store, you empty pockets, go in Bathroom, shut the door and pee in cup, no flushing the toilet or using faucet in sink. You should have no problem, if you know what I mean.

2 people like this.
  14. 29pages

29pages New Member

I must have overlooked that part when I first read it. Wouldn't it be discrimination to fire an employee because of a medical condition?

15. lindseynicole

lindseynicole New Member

thanks guy.

mucha ayuda

16. drweb

drweb Banned

Smoking pot isn't a medical condition so no.

17. Zebra

Zebra New Member

Wal-mart is crazy about drug users, they even test you for alcohol before getting a job, but idk if they do random tests.

18. 29pages

29pages New Member

I would be referring to the medical condition that caused you to need to use medical marijuana. What if someone had a muscle disorder but had allergic reactions to other prescriptions and his only option was medical marijuana?

19. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I don't think that is protection from termination. If I am not mistaken, individual companies make the decision whether or not they would tolerate medical marijuana use by an employee.

20. drweb

drweb Banned

What if's don't matter to employers. Just because a State allows medical marijuana doesn't mean employers can't terminate you for smoking it.

3 people like this.