WATER PURIFICATION TABLETS- Bogus diluting method?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by OCKillah420, Jun 10, 2007.

1. OCKillah420

OCKillah420 New Member

So my friend swears by these things, he's passed 5 drug tests just by taking loads of them and drinking energy drinks like Red bull the day before. He is a moderate smoker, and smoked within a few days of a test before and passed. In theory, water purification pills would work, because they just dilute your piss with pure water and break down the THC fat cells in your bladder. But then again... any testing place should notice the enourmous amount of pure water in your piss...

Anyone know exactly if water purification pills work?
  2. Adailybase

Adailybase New Member

i also had a friend who just passed a drug test with water purification tablets, i dont know how it didnt come back diluted, but then again, he said they didnt check creatine or gravity. This was for the Cincinnati Airport.
  3. ~Flor~

~Flor~ New Member

They won't break the THC metabolites down. They will water them down, just like any other form of dilution. I don't know if anyone will know what worked since they probably require you to drink a lot of fluid, no? If so, it's basically dilution plus a fancy pill.

Adailybase has a good point about his friend, no specimen validity check happened. Most people do have validity checked and would come back diluted. You should read the dilution thread/sticky and see what it involves to avoid being too diluted.
  4. FakeBoobsRule

FakeBoobsRule Nice legs are a must (LC)

To expand on what Flor said, it isn't the water purification tabs that are adding water content to the urine it is the water consumed. The THC metabolites found in urine come from the body tissues then enter the bloodstream then are removed by the kidneys and eventually to the bladder. The tabs will not do anything to keep the validity of the urine in the proper ranges.
  5. Adailybase

Adailybase New Member

yeah, my friend did say he had to drink a bunch of water with the tabs....and just like ive read on this site before....you can pray and pray and pray and when your "prayer" is eventually answered of course the person is gonna say its cuz god had everything to do with it
  6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Water purification tablets don't magically produce pure water. What they do is kill the bacteria and other little critters that come from untreated water sources. They contain either iodine or a form of chlorine bleach, neither of which does anything to help you pass a UA. If you take "loads of them", you could easily poison yourself.

If you have "THC fat cells" in your bladder, you have a serious health problem. THC metabolites are released from storage in body fat when that fat is metabolized. They pass into the bloodstream and are eliminated in urine.
  7. kremit73

kremit73 New Member

i have a friend that swear by them, he was on parole/probabtion (semi recently released from a few years prison sentence. he would smoke the nite before the regular test, take some of those pills drink water and go in next day and passed every one he needed to. now idk but i would think if anybody tested for the dilution it would be the police. so idk there has to be something to this method. how they don't notice the raised level of chlorine in the piss bets me
  8. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

Stick with PROPER dilution from sticky notes in this forum. Impurities those tablets cleanse don't include THC--it's the consumption of the water that's being "purified" that's helping pass. But if you use dilution incorrectly you'll still fail even if the test isn't positive. Good luck and let us know!