Weed and Acid Reflux

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by TokaLILbit, May 4, 2006.

1. TokaLILbit

TokaLILbit New Member

I've really have to cut down on smoking because when I smoke it triggers my acid reflux. At first I though it was panic attacks and sometimes it was because I didn't know I had acid reflux when feeling in my chest and throat started happening.

It's a hard feeling to explain, but does anyone else have these problems with acid reflux or know why it triggers acid reflux.
  2. TheGreenParty

TheGreenParty New Member

Acid Reflux Sux

I get it all the time too. Especially if I'm smoking. It's definately not fun to get and I get it the worst when smoking joints. Try a bong or the volcano vaporizer really helps. Also you can try drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water (1 shot vinegar/1 cup water) while you smoke or whenever you want to get rid of it.
  3. amrcnbut

amrcnbut New Member

acid reflux and pot

i had acid reflux. Dr. gave me medication, after a few months it went away. I never gave up smoking pot. i never blame anything on pot. nor do i use pot as an excuse for anything i do.
  4. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

....Hot smoke repeatedly swallowed will irritate your esophagus. Acid backed up from the stomache -- either caused by overeating or by movement of the stomache contents from other causes-- and up the espophagus which is not prepared to handle caustic gastric juices (stomache acids) will be even more painful as it contacts the smoke burned esophagus.

See your doctor for medication and stop smoking for awhile.