Weed and painkillers

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by RespyShunt, Aug 22, 2009.

1. RespyShunt

RespyShunt New Member

Does being on a painkiller and antibiotic for wisdom teeth removal and smoking weed make a bad combination? Will it damage by body';

2. Sognos

Sognos New Member

I don't think so, Weed usually doesn't conflict with other drugs.
    ..But on the other hand if your teeth have just been pulled you might not want to smoke for a couple of days, you don't want to get a dry socket, I haven't had my wisdom teeth pulled yet, I'm 19, but I will be getting them pulled pry within this year.
    I hear though that a dry socket is not fun and should be avoided.

3. Ihavenoweedpuns

Ihavenoweedpuns New Member

I never type in all caps but this is important

DO NOT SMOKE YOU WILL GET DRY SOCKET

I had it and it was horrible, you'll recover enough to smoke about a week after they are removed so it shouldn't take too much self control to make it

If you're paranoid, you'll be fully recovered in 2 weeks after they are removed

4. emuhhleee

emuhhleee emtard smash!

painkillers + weed = reeeeeally high.

when i got my wisdoms pulled, i didn't smoke for the first few days until i healed a little bit. i don't think smoking cigarettes are any better than smoking weed. i never got a dry socket, but just to be safe don't smoke for the first few days.

5. 5drive

5drive Slacker

You're not gonna overdose or anything. Won't produce any negative 'drug interactions'. As for dry socket, smoking isn't guaranteed to give you that, but it's a distinct possibility. It will slow the healing process if nothing else. It's a good idea to abstain for 48 hours after tooth extraction.

6. BakedSilverado

BakedSilverado New Member

like they said, dry socket is BAD, just have someone shotgun the hits for you, be safe.

7. Payless

Payless Sr. Member

i was on an anti-biotic called ampicillin once. & i smoked while i was on it. it was a very bad combo. i had an anxiety attack (which i never get, EVER) & passed out & fell over. my friend picked me back up but i just passed out again. it was intense.

8. mars

mars New Member

I wouldn't recommend smoking after getting your teeth pulled. You could always make weed brownies/cookies/etc instead.

9. young playah

young playah New Member

no, you wont be very baked though because of the strenth of the pain killer will over power the weed

10. emuhhleee

emuhhleee emtard smash!

it's always been the other way around for me. when i take a painkiller & smoke, i always feel higher than i am, but i definitely feel the pain killers less than the weed.

11. young playah

young playah New Member

okay well thats weird because thats what is suposed to happen, the pain killer is suposed to be stronger then the weed because it is a much stronger drug obiously. mabey the pain killer effect is intensified or the mix between the two highs makes you think your more baked.

12. emuhhleee

emuhhleee emtard smash!

it's not "supposed" to be stronger. different drugs effect people differently. maybe they do the opposite for you, but from my experiences, the weed has always over powered the pain killer.

13. young playah

young playah New Member

alright dude your not a human your a cookie monster or what ever thing that is in your picture, thats probly why...

14. hollywood39

hollywood39 New Member

yea i wouldnt do it either, just have like brownies or something

15. pimp_60cent

pimp_60cent New Member

omg, lol I was in the same situation last week. Nothing happens. I got my wisdom teeth pulled last saturday, they prescribed me penicillin and Vicodin. Smoked on Monday and Tuesday and got my stitches taken out on Friday. Doctor said the wound was healing very well and to just finish my medicine and eveything was going to be fine.

Just make sure you suck slowly and take a drink every couple of hits so you don't get really bad cottonmouth which may lead to some complications. Good luck and the swelling should go down around the 3th, 4th day :]

16. RespyShunt

RespyShunt New Member

i actually smoked the day after i got my teeth out and didnt have a problem with dry sockets. while i was smoking i made sure to have some water by me to keep my mouth wet.

17. thedude55551

thedude55551 New Member

Ya when I am on Pain killers whilst High I cant even move. The worst are ambiens, you will literaly fall to sleep in seconds.

18. BigMac1337

BigMac1337 Banned

I've taken hydros (watson-314) while high, it was fun. It seemed to go well with the weed and the high felt much longer. Had some nice sativa buds at the time, and the two really complimented eachother. However I wouldn't recommend using painkillers too much because you can get addicted to them.

19. greenmonster2420

greenmonster2420 Sr. Member

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Have you ever heard of a synergistic effect? It depends on the types of drugs, but using two drugs in combination often results in a synergistic effect, meaning the effects of both drugs are enhanced 2, 3, or even 10 fold. You don't feel the two highs separately, they multiply each other, so the user will feel way more intoxicated than if either were used separately. In layman's terms, smoking on the painkillers will make you feel way more fucked up than if you just smoked or if you just did the painkillers.

There is a huge variety in the strength of painkillers. Tylenol is a pain killer. Is it "a much stronger drug"? Of course not. Is heroin stronger than MJ? With the right dose on the average person, yes. However if you think you wont feel the weed just because you are on a strong painkiller, refer to the first part of my post.

Finally, for the love of god, spell check.

20. ppweedman

ppweedman New Member

:confused:ok what are there dry sockets?