Weed and Seizures

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by JackMalone, Dec 11, 2005.

1. JackMalone

JackMalone New Member

Whats the effects of marijuana on people with seizures? Ive heard alot and I was wondering what everyone thought.:xmas:
  2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

My best friend has a seizure disorder that was caused by an auto accident head injury three decades ago. When he can smoke on a daily basis he doesn't have seizures or only very mild ones. When he can't smoke the seizures are much more frequent and severe; they're debilitating.

To get this positive effect he doesn't need to be stoned all the time. A few tokes once a day does the trick.
  3. corey1369

corey1369 New Member

Epilepsy and TetraHyrdoCanibinol

I have epilepsy and I have had it since I was 15, my life was controlled by the fear that I might have a seizure in a very bad location. My neurologist prescribed a drug that was later taken off the market by the FDA because it caused extreme depression and suicidal tendecies. I have experianced many episodes of depression and I have tried to kill myself 8 times so far. My doctors tried antidepressants with no success. Finally I started to do some reasearch and found that marijuana can stiple the side effects of anticonvulsants and can even prevent seizures. So I started smoking and I havent expreianced a single sizure as long as I kept up my smoking, b/c marijuana can also cause seizures when u just up and stop smoking.
    But the weirdest thing is that whenever I have a seizure and later smoke, my high is really diffrent.
  4. SmokeyMcPott

SmokeyMcPott **********

That's interesting... Do elaborate :)
  5. urania3

urania3 New Member

You mean this specifically for you, or even possibly more generally the epileptic, correct? I have never seen any reports of seizures as result of cession of marijuana, or even THC, use in healthy adults.
  6. oneluv4boognish

oneluv4boognish New Member

Seems like he refers to epileptics...only thing i've heard of causing seizures from quitting cold turkey is alcohol