Wet weed?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Teddy12345, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Teddy12345

Teddy12345 New Member

So since last month in January ive been hidding my weed in a Prescription bottle outside under my shed. On Friday it rained for about 10 mins really hard. So today I went to go put some more in my stash and when I touched it felt kind of wet (but not really wet) so I then moved my weed into a jar. It smelled kinda of funny too.

Im wondering if I should just throw it out because I heard you can get mold on it?
  2. hector

hector Sr. Member

dry it immediately. use a blow dryer. letting it sit in rice can also help if it is really saturated in water. just don't let it dry on its own. the longer the weed stays wet the chance of the weed becoming infected increases. oh yah and if it gets moldy don't smoke it.
  3. Teddy12345

Teddy12345 New Member

Rice really works?
  4. Teddy12345

Teddy12345 New Member

Does rice really work?

I have to wait till tmrrw around 3 p.m. to touch my weed cause my parents are home..

Sorry ive never had this happen to me before.
  5. GuyOnTheCouch39

GuyOnTheCouch39 New Member

yeah, rice is fantastic for getting moisture out of almost anything. I got drunk and dropped my cell phone in a toilet. i took the battery out and let the phone sit in rice for a few days and now it works like a charm.
    Also, if you go overboard with the rice (or the blow dryer, for that matter) and dry it out too much, try putting your weed in a sealed plastic bag with a slice of orange peel. the peel helps the weed reconstitute moisture and it even gives the weed a slight orange-y flavor. delicious and practical!
    2 people like this.
  6. hector

hector Sr. Member

it most likely won't dehydrate thee entire bud but will definitely remove some of excess water.
  7. Teddy12345

Teddy12345 New Member

Sorry for double post. But will definately try the rice is there a certain amount I should use?
  8. GuyOnTheCouch39

GuyOnTheCouch39 New Member

you should use enough to thoroughly cover it. the idea is to have enough so that the rice doesn't become saturated and stop pulling moisture from the weed. i have a friend that swears by filling a whole mason jar with rice and burying the weed on the top layer. I think that's overkill though. To be safe, I'd say probably a quarter to a half a cup of rice for every gram of weed. That should be more than plenty.
    Good Luck!
  9. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

If it smells funny, it's probably moldy and you should throw it out.

This should be a warning to those people who think prescription bottles are airtight/watertight. They're not.

As for rice and regular storage, if your weed is properly dried and cured in the first place, all you need is an airtight jar to keep it that way.
  10. Teddy12345

Teddy12345 New Member

Damn I really don't wanna throw out all my weed. In like 5 days will it show mold and all that stuff?
  11. newpotmoker

newpotmoker New Member

sounds like it got a little wet buddie. Try storing it INSIDE next time so this never happens again. There's no way you can be that paranoid about keeping it in the house. Also the wet weed is probably moldy.(hence the smell)

I'd toss it but its up to you. Moldy weed is NOT good for you. Best of luck. :)
  12. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

If it already smells like the bottom of a gym bag, you'll almost certainly see mold within a few days.
  13. Teddy12345

Teddy12345 New Member

I mean it didn't smell that bad but I only got a little wiff outta it. I'll tell you all tmrrw because I'll be home alone (most likely) and prob take some pics.
  14. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

For outside storage buy a small thermos. Anything that is designed to keep liquids in will do a pretty good job of keeping liquids out as well.