What are some good Careers for people that smoke marijuana?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by lilphilog, Nov 20, 2010.

1. lilphilog

lilphilog New Member

I'm planning on going to college out california soon but I'm trying to figure out a good career that can fit my lifestyle. Do any of you guys know any good careers i can go to college for that i could still be able to smoke pot while doing( Not while at work but in my spare time)? i was thinking video game designer would be a good one what do you guys think?

Mod note: Please post in an appropriate forum. Thread moved to Surveys, Polls and Questions
    2 people like this.
  2. Tok

Tok New Member

Being a video game designer is going to take a lot of work. Not all games get big, yet alone published. Its going to be a large commitment. While you are on your job search, I would recommend not smoking. When you find a job, you can casually start. But a lot of jobs that require contracts say that any misdemeanor or felon act will result in one being fired. So be careful. Good luck.

---
    Patrick
  3. SourD!

SourD! New Member

I would look into becoming a truck driver.
  4. Mr Charles Fiji

Mr Charles Fiji New Member

In my opinion, I think you're going about this the wrong way.

You shouldn't base your education off of whether or not you'll be able to smoke weed. And chances are, video game companies, just like many other companies, will drug test.
  5. laCster

laCster Sr. Member

janitors
  6. HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981 Senior DEA Agent

You can be a Park Ranger or a Cowboy.
  7. AstroCoaster

AstroCoaster Sr. Member

Psychopharmacology.....
    2 people like this.
  8. HappyBoy1981

You can run the french fry machine at Micky D's. You get to eat all the fries you drop on the floor. That will most definately satisfy your munchies. :D
  9. GoSmokeMore-

GoSmokeMore- New Member

I was going to go through for a game designer, but I can't move at the moment.
    I wouldn't say you're going about the wrong way with this, just have a fall back just incase.
  10. HappyBoy1981

You could stuff envelopes. The only down side to that is all that glue on your tongue.....gross.
    Combine that with drymouth and you're screwed.
    2 people like this.
  11. Tok

Tok New Member

That would be the best job out of all of the suggestions. But you can not smoke AT ALL during your working hours. (Which, as a truck driver, will seem like all the time.) But be careful. Posting on this forum for a serious question like this will get you a lot of joking and creative answers. What you need is real help. Like I said it might be best for you if you take a break from smoking while you look.

---
    Best in luck,
    Patrick
  12. LoAnnaLove

LoAnnaLove Active Member

Well i agree with whats already said, dont base your education upon smoking weed. Unless you are terribly ill and its for medical reasons. I doubt any university will except you if you said "hey, one thing, im gunna blaze this whole semester and then the next. hope you dont mind." Not gunna go well, theres no way to say it without it sounding bad. But you could always do what everyone else does, just do it and not get caught. It's going pretty fricken easy for me. lol You'll get the boot if your slacking alot, and if they have anything on you marijuana/drug based, and they are also a big deal school, you could face a court issue.

My best bet is if your asking for the easy life is to pick up your own trait and get going. I am a seamstress tailor yet have never been to a school for it, my oma taught me. And i make some nice money off of a little town. Also am a dancer, now a school has taught me that, but didnt require university or highschool or gradeschool.

Haha, "Be good or be good at it."- weezy. It is in all honesty true.
  13. AstroCoaster

AstroCoaster Sr. Member

What I would suggest is to study what you already know about and what your interested in. Thats how you become successful in it. Otherwise your career is going to just feel like a day job and a day job is just something you work at to make money. A Career is something you want to do and enjoy doing.
  14. shadowman

shadowman New Member

I'm a welder and I started weed at this year, I think it's ok for me
  15. blueblondie

blueblondie New Member

actually my dad was a truck driver and according to the law they are randomly drug tested since they operate huge vehicles on the public roads. but anyways, i agree with the above statements. dont base your life on weed. weed isnt life, just a pleasant addition to it.
  16. Ghost of Gravity

Ghost of Gravity New Member

Drug dealer.
    4 people like this.
  17. Blackbear

Blackbear Sr. Member

Posting on a forum like this without using the search button to find other threads with exactly the same question will likely lead to creative and joke-worthy answers. woyo! :eek:

As far as jobs go, you could smoke weed all day and...live in VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! :D

Nah but for serious, what do you like to do? As good as it is, mary j is a pretty big career limiter if you want become a professional in some field. But then again I know a lawyer who's straight chronic so... It's all up to you man, but if you're really serious then I'd work to become a master glass blower and own a glass shop, or enter into a profession of your choice and try to find a 420friendly niche in that field...
  18. Ron Tokesworthy

Ron Tokesworthy New Member

Truck driver is a good fit, but don't smoke towards the end of the long hauls or you'll fall asleep at the wheel.
  19. Green Springs

Green Springs New Member

commissioned sales ....manufacturer rep, insurance, real estate agent, self employ.
    plenty of sales jobs that pay if you produce, but you get nothing if you do nothing.
    I make $65K+ and have never had to take a whiz quiz.
    good luck,
  20. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

If you're going to base your entire life (or at least $50,000 college tuition on it) you might as well go big. Astronaut. That's right I said it. Gettin' high in fucking space, dude. There you go.

Yes, becoming an astronaut costs $50,000. I googled it.
    4 people like this.