What happens if I get drug tested and I have my medical card?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Jennie420, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Jennie420

Jennie420 New Member

Hola amigos~

I finally got my medical card today!! My only question is, what happens when I apply for a job that requires a drug test? Do I get an exception for marijuana for having the card or will the testing facility still say that I came up positive? I'm hoping I won't have to get clean but if that's what it comes down to I will.

:glasses:

2. quester

quester Sr. Member

Depends on the state.
    Run a search for the MMJ laws for your state.

3. BartSimpson

BartSimpson Sr. Member

You can be denied employment regardless of your card.

Pre-employment drug tests should be clean, no matter what the status of your MMJ.

Life isn't fair, but being smart will help you get your goals.

2 people like this.
  4. ihatesears420

ihatesears420 New Member

It is completely ridiculous that you could be denied a job for having MJ in your system if a doctor prescribed it and it's legal in your state. That would be like getting in an accident and requiring pain killers, but having to stop using them to get a job. Stupid.

5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

It may be ridiculous but it's the case in most medical marijuana states. BTW, doctors can't "prescribe" medical marijuana, they can only "recommend" it.

Airline pilots aren't allowed to fly if they're on strong painkillers. I wouldn't want to get on an airliner where the pilot had just taken several bong hits. It all depends on the job.

6. johnvilla

johnvilla New Member

Jennie I think that time was really critical.....