What happens if you smoke too much?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by shibshib, Apr 18, 2008.

1. shibshib

shibshib New Member

So I'm curious if I'm smoking too much lately. It seems like instead of the energetic high I have gotten before, the last several times I have been left feeling groggy/tired/lazy.

Doesn't seem to matter if its Indica or Sativa.

Is there a "happy medium" to shoot for?

Like... not enough doesn't make you feel anything
    Enough makes you feel energetic
    Too much makes you drowzy?
  2. Bhikku

Bhikku News Administrator

It depends. I smoked too much today and it was only a bowl to myself, but it left me dazed and sleepy for the rest of the day. Also triggered a nasty migraine. I didn't feel normal until after I'd taken a two hour nap.

Other times I've been able to burn through a quarter in a day and keep up with the big dogs with no problems, so I don't know. :shrug: Probabably depends as much on the quality of your weed as it does on the quantity.
  3. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

Vaporize and the only thing too much will do is put you asleep, lol.
    2 people like this.
  4. shibshib

shibshib New Member

I do vaporize actually. Should have mentioned that (I say "smoked" instead of "vaped" out of habit).

So vaping too much does make you sleepy? I usually just fill the bag, maybe I should do a quarter of a bag or something and see how that goes lol.
  5. Conky

Conky New Member

When I vape with my SSV I almost always do too much lol, which just puts me into a nice happy mood, then I pass out and wake up at 5am. I then turn off my tv, stumble around my room because I'm still high........then go back to sleep.
    I've found 1 decent size bowl knocks me out if I'm just chillin in my house, but if I do the same amount and don't sit in a dark room, I'm fine, just really baked. Try the same amount but change the time or atmosphere.
    Sometimes when I'm sitting down after I vape I honestly can't move, everything feels so heavy. I believe vaping .3 is the equivalent of smoking 1.5 grams, from my experience of how it effects me that's my opinion, I'm sure everyone is different.
  6. Think Green

Think Green New Member

I don't think you can smoke "too much." If you smoke too much for yourself you will probably just go to sleep. If you try and smoke too big of a bowl you might throw up also, but you will be fine in about 10-20 minutes.

What you should do is weigh out your sessions. Weigh out .1 or .2 and just vape all of that; I imagine you will be pretty high from that sesh and you will also be keeping track of how much you are smoking.
  7. shibshib

shibshib New Member

re-read my first post
  8. Think Green

Think Green New Member

I think you're just getting used to being a stoner and having a real tolerance. How long have you been smoking for? I have been smoking weed every day for a good 3 years now and I still get pretty high when I smoke. A thing I like to do to ensure I get stoned is weighing out .1 or .2, grinding it up, then trying to snap it out my bong. As far as the "energetic high," I haven't felt that myself since the way early day(4-5 years ago).
  9. Devvsmokeweed

Devvsmokeweed New Member

This is my first time when i grow marijuana and this year i want to smoke it....My question is what you feel when you smoke for the first time marijuana?
  10. corn2000

corn2000 New Member

Its not how much you smoke but its about how good you feel. If it's not as good as it used to be than lay off for a while. about two good hits should do anyone well if its good weed. but when your tolerance gets high it's never enough and you never get the real effect.
    2 people like this.
  11. MrProtein

MrProtein Active Member

this is true...I smoke 2 days a week every week. consequently, I actually get ripped off 2 hits of good weed. I have been smoking for 4 years, and every once in a while, I will reach a new level of high from time to time.
  12. ChelsMckickass

ChelsMckickass New Member

You can't smoke too Much weed. But If your Weed is Laced then it will seriously mess you up for a while. Im in a situation like that right now.... I went to a party and i didnt see the weed before i smoked it becuz someone else rolled it and now i am really messed up i have a really bad migraine and a fever and i have been runnin a fever for three days now and i cant really feel anything. Be careful with Marijuana! :(
  13. 5drive

5drive Slacker

You can smoke too much as far as screwing up your tolerance or producing too much or too many negative effects in the paranoia/anxiety area (although it certainly depends on the person). You can also overdo it and just plain waste your supply, since your receptors can only absorb so much at one time.

Pretty much nobody laces weed. If a dealer laced it in a bad way it would hurt or kill return business, and if in a good way, with some other marketable substance, he'd just be ruining his profit by adding in something that could be sold itself.