What happens when caught growing?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by lazybumguy, May 22, 2002.

1. lazybumguy

lazybumguy New Member

if your caught growing in your house, what happens? if they take it, do they give you any money for it, can you buy it back really cheap at the auction?
  2. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

lazybumguy...

readthis post and see if that helps you.

If not,do a search on house siezures,and you might get a few more.This is one of the better threads on the subject because it has our resident expert and police man,Niteshift,giving out the info.:D

The simple and quick answer is that they have to prove the property was obtained with illegal funds,but yes it is possible to loose your crib,and no,they don't pay you for it.If a small enough amount is owed on it,law enforcement is now paying the property off,to obtain free and clear title.

Plus,of course,it's different in every state.

Deddy..:cool:
  3. Hensonic_Boom

Hensonic_Boom New Member

how nice would it be if you could go down to the local police auction and bid on siezed marijuana...
  4. Hey yeah, "20 on the brick to the man in the red shirt" going once....
  5. Herb Ninja

Herb Ninja Seasoned Activist

Yea you go to the auction, purchase a marijuana plant, give the cop the money, grab the plant, next he slaps you with a possestion charge and it continues on in a vicious cycle.
  6. Closet Pigs

Closet Pigs New Member

Oh wow that makes tons of sense. The police take your weed and then deal it back to you?
  7. Niteshift

Niteshift L.E.O. in Good Standing

Oh wow that makes tons of sense. The police take your weed and then deal it back to you?

Of course it makes no sense, that's why it doesn't happen.
  8. Midnight_Tolker

Midnight_Tolker New Member

Dumb Question

{Flame Removed}
  9. BloodNOil

BloodNOil New Member

pardon me sir, but you're an asshole.
  10. TimeGuardian

TimeGuardian New Member

Was it just me, or did this seem like a joke? While telling the joke he was actually looking for the consequences of getting caught growing?¿ Could happen...

That was funny:p
  11. defeatedhorizon

defeatedhorizon New Member

hmm.. i'm speechless.
  12. FoeTwinny

FoeTwinny New Member

I think he was referring to his house. If they seize your house, can you buy it back cheap at the auction. I think it's quite obvious that you couldn't buy your plants back. Think outside the box before you start throwing naughty words around. And to answer your question.. I don't know :p
    Cheers, and happy growing ;)
  13. jackhammer76

jackhammer76 New Member

If you get caught with how many plants growing? 1, 2 ? It depends on where you live as to how stiff the charges are going to be. It also depends on how hard the DA wants to push for forfeiture of property. Maybe you might lose your house, car etc and maybe not. :cool:
  14. thevanishingact

thevanishingact New Member

For the people saying he was stupid for asking the question about buying back the seized property:

He was talking about the house, so let's see here, who's the "stupid" one now?
  15. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

No one is stupid. Please read the posting policy, and do not try and bypass the swear filter. Thanks! Now, back to the discussion...