What Illnesses/Dissabilities qualify a person for MMJ?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by CRIMSONxSOLDIER, Jun 30, 2008.

1. CRIMSONxSOLDIER

CRIMSONxSOLDIER All Aboard the Canni-bus!

It's just a thought.
    I was just wondering what Illnesses or Dissabilites would quialify a person to obtain medical marijuana? And how severe do these pains or symptoms need to be?
    Also can medical marijuana be prescribed just once? Or once you are prescribed you are automatically entitled to receive more.

Thanks,
    Crim
  2. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

Depends on which of the states you live in.

State By State Laws - NORML

There are the laws state by state. They basically tell you what illnesses in what state qualifies.
  3. Richi

Richi CB1 receptor agonist

Why, are you planning to develop one? :rolleyes:

I'm joking, of course, but this depends mainly on your country of residence. Then, if you live in a country (or state) where medical marijuana is legal, you must consult with a doctor and apply for medicinal marijuana with his/her approval.

To answer your question in brief, a few conditions are: MS (and/or spinal cord injury/disease), wasting syndrome or loss of appetite (in AIDS or cancer patients), Huntington's, Tourette's, Parkinson's, Glaucoma, Epilepsy, and a few others.
    2 people like this.
  4. CRIMSONxSOLDIER

CRIMSONxSOLDIER All Aboard the Canni-bus!

Tourette's? Really? I was aware of the few others like Multiople Sclerosis, Glaucoma, and AIDS/Cancer patients. But I had no idea that tourettes could be 'treated' with MMJ. Interesting.
  5. Richi

Richi CB1 receptor agonist

6. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

It also depends on what state you live in, or what doctor you see.
    Some states only give it for Cancer and AIDS patients. Others will give it for more reasons, most stated above.
    EDIT: Darn...Plains already said it :p