What is Chronic?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by floatinglikeaballoon, Jun 22, 2008.

1. What is Chronic exactly? I have friends that say it is VERY good, but I myself have never smoked it. So what is it?

2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Chronic is
    1) Any very potent marijuana with a strong Indica leaning.
    2) A marijuana strain developed by Serious Seeds, mostly Indica.

3. I have always been told its MJ laced with coke, any truth to this?

4. Dro5

Dro5 New Member

slang were your from could be different.
    But like stated earlier were i from chronic usually means good weed or Dr.Dres cd :)

5. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

Chronic is just incredibly potent marijuana as Buzzby mentioned.

6. Herbal Meditation

Herbal Meditation New Member

I have understood chronic to mean weed that is very good and almost addictive.

7. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

Chronic, from what I know, is a regional term similar to "KB." Basically, weed that deserves a higher price than "standard" prices could be considered chronic.

Weed with cocaine in it doesn't really have too much of a name other than a "snow-capped bowl"

8. steakii

steakii New Member

If you ask for chronic around my parts, you are going to get marijuana laced with cocaine.

Traditionally its slang for very potent MJ, but somehow the meaning got changed along the way in my area.

9. Darkflan

Darkflan Sr. Member

According to Pot culture :

1. Hip hop term for ultra potent marijuana,first noted by Dr.Dre in his album The chronic.
    High end quality kind bud as in " Yo dawg, this bud is chronic."
    3. Generic Indica Produced by serious seeds.

10. taco pie

taco pie New Member

same where I live but I know some people that have gotten really fucked up on chronic like bad fucked up not the good kind. I wouldn't smoke chronic up where I live because its laced but if its just like really potent weed that's a good thing.

11. Zeked

Zeked New Member

Where i grew up (Western New York State) chronic refers to weed laced with coke. That was what everybody thought that Dre's CD was talkin about when it first came out.

12. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

That sounds like some scary shit. I'll make sure never to snag some chron when I am in your area......if I ever am. :eek:

13. Zeked

Zeked New Member

Hell yeah man. I was asked at a party once if i wanted to smoke some chronic and i said HELL NAW!! I aint tryin to put any kind of coke or coke products in my system. It crackled when they sparked it so I know i was straight.

14. around here chronic is jsut good bug like A grade bud but not the best

15. tokeitup12

tokeitup12 New Member

we use chronic as refering to coke and weed here idksorry if i sound retarded im just blazeduh my friend said chronic can be coke or weed but um...yae

16. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

Last buds of Chronic I had were shitty.
    Barely anything resembling a buzz, much less a high. When I got home after the sesh I lit up some of the really good stuff.:)
    I doubt the "Chronic" proffered to me on that occasion was the real deal, though.
    Smoked three bowls of the crap.

17. TheChronnssieour

TheChronnssieour New Member

Now I understand that Chronic refers (haha refer) to the quality of the weed but is there a strain that is called Chronic?

18. alldayerryday

alldayerryday New Member

I remember talking to this one guy in class, only like 2 months after I started smoking, and out of no where he asks "Wait... you don't smoke chronic do you?"
    I just kinda smiled and said "If I can get my hands on it, hell yeah."
    And then he looks at me with this disgusted/surprised face and I'm like wtf...? And just turn away.

Now I get it.

I'm actually buying from him tomorrow for the first time and I should probly bring up that story so he doesn't think I'm some crackhead.

19. De - Caprp

De - Caprp New Member

Where i grew up and i am currently residing there,
    Chronic is a very expensive grade of weed.
    It is very Green in color and when you are smoking it, it does not choke you up.
    Chronic is not a Kind of grade you can smoke everyday where i stay.

20. spritezero

spritezero New Member

All the chronic I've ever bought was just really dank bud. But the chronic I bought usually was always covered in bright orange hairs. It was yummy