What is the point of grinding?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by newtoker93, Dec 11, 2009.

1. newtoker93

newtoker93 New Member

hi guys,
    i know i'm a big noob.. ive only bunned a couple times so far, but i was wondering what exactly grinding was, and when youre supposed to do it? ive noticed sometimes when my friends get out the weed its ground, and other times it isnt.. and they dont always grid...
    does grinding it have an advantage? does it depend on what youre doing it out of?
  2. Legal Eyes

Legal Eyes New Member

I believe its so you can roll joints tighter. Not a big deal, really.
  3. Hookahs

Hookahs Banned

All grinding is, is an easier way of breaking it up, as opposed to your fingers or other means.

If you mean grinding as in breaking it up. You're just preparing it to smoke, to roll, load in the bowl, etc. . Just basically taking out the stems and or seeds if any.
  4. 024

024 Sr. Member

People cut or grind their weed to make it easier to smoke etc. But also cutting it finer makes you higher, so the finer you cut it the better THC is released.
  5. Gee

Gee The truth is in here

When smoking bongs grinding helps it burn in one hit so you don't have to keep re-lighting it. Using a grinder also allows you to scrape out the left overs when you're dry. I clean out my grinder once every couple of months and usually get enough for a single strong cone.
  6. newtoker93

newtoker93 New Member

does this mean i should just grind it as fine as i possibly can if im grinding it?
  7. hector

hector Sr. Member

you can do it with your finger easily just rip it a little bit. then rub your finger into it the weed usually breaks the weed into small pieces
  8. BREEBREE

BREEBREE New Member

with my homemade bong, the finer it is, the better i can hit it which means i can take bigger hits and pull through faster so i get a nice fat milky hit and getting higher.
  9. 024

024 Sr. Member

Grinders only grind your weed up to a certain point, thats why I mentioned you could also cut it finer with scissors, thats what I do. So if you want grind it up to a good degree and finish it with scissors.

You of course don't have to do this if you don't want to, grinding it is just fine, it just makes things easier.

Yeah for sure man, haha I use a homemade right now aswell and hitting big hits with finely cut weed is awesome.
  10. xxx420xxx

xxx420xxx New Member

As far as i know, there are several benefits to using a grinder:

1) You touch the weed less and thereby transfer less THC to your fingers, leaving more on the weed.
    2) It removes large stems and seeds from the weed, thereby making it much easier to separate smokeables from waste product.
    3) It makes the weed finer, thereby creating a finer smoking end product due to the "cut".

i also use scissors when i dont have a grinder, works well too, but still have to touch the weed...

Happy Smoking...
  11. 024

024 Sr. Member

Did you know that when handling weed THC is absorbed through your skin. So it is possible to get a buzz from cutting and touching weed for a x amount of time (I do not know how long you have to handle weed for a buzz but it has happened to me).
  12. Gee

Gee The truth is in here

LOL sorry but I can't really see that happening. I could be wrong though. Anyone got any information on this? Sounds like something a DEA agent would say to justify wearing gloves so as not to get stoned lol.
  13. Yourtoast

Yourtoast New Member

Well stuff on your skin is absorbed so I don't know about touching but you could chew it like tobacc and get high probobly because your mouth absorbs the most stuff quickest on your body.
  14. jcblaze

jcblaze New Member

i have been smoking for a while but only recently got my own bowl and bong. i would see the grinders but didn't really know what they were for. i used to put whole buds in my bowl but they wouldn't burn very smoothly but i tried breaking up the buds and it smokes so much better. so i'm going to get a grinder.
  15. macphearsome

macphearsome New Member

It increases the surface area and makes the weed burn better.

If you don't grind your weed, it won't go as far - you will burn the outer layer of a big chunk to ash, while the inside is still un-torched. NO GOOD
  16. Lpwn_Ranger

Lpwn_Ranger Sr. Member

I grind because it makes the weed nice and fluffy so it burns like a dream.
    Grinders are in my opinion one of the best investments a marijuana smoker can make.
  17. jerzysanchez

jerzysanchez Sr. Member

i think the purpose of grinding is because during certain occasions girls and boys are trying to express how they feel through dance. it's a very sexually suggestive act. depending on how good your moves are, you might get laid.
    2 people like this.
  18. Linkus420

Linkus420 New Member

i always grind everything i have up, so i can more easily tell how much I really have to smoke
  19. prorathack10

prorathack10 New Member

Why you should grind your weed?
    1) The little THC crystals get rubbed on your hands if you break it by your hands, so your weed looses potency and its quality.
    2) If with scissors it's not that effective since it leaves you with little tiny very small nugs that fly off the joint, if you are smoking one.
    3) A grinder makes you identify the small stems or seed that could give you headaches or make you puke.
    4) Some grinders can store in the bottom some pure THC crystals. Smoke that and you will get blooooooooooooooooooooowned off 1 hit.
    5) For joints, a grinder is a must. Even for bongs, grinding your weed helps saving weed and makes it burn equally and smoothly.

I bought a small bubbler, a glass blue spoon pipe and a grinder + some small screens for the pipes all together for 17$CAD :)
    I would say quality of everything is 8/10
    Ask around friends if you want to buy anything.
  20. Big Nate

Big Nate New Member

its so you may ground up the nuggets without getting your fingers all sticky icky. any other questions and you may ask me. glad to help a brother.