What is the reason behind faint lines on a home test?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by parooka9, May 5, 2007.

1. parooka9

parooka9 New Member

First, I just want to say that I realize that any line, however faint it is, is supposed to be construed as a negative.

Having said that, is there a particular reason why one person's urine would show up as a faint line, whereas other's would show up a clear, solid line?

I have taken several different types of home tests. On the ones I have passed, the line is always VERY faint. Some are fainter than others. Sometimes I have to struggle to make out the pinkish line, but it is indeed there.

Using these same home tests, I've tested my wife's urine who I know is 100% clean, as well as some Quick Fix urine. Those lines are always clear, dark red.

Background on me - I've been clean for 2 weeks. Heavy smoker before that. I'm surprised that I'm showing up negative on some of these tests anyways, though I have a fast metabolism and am very thin.

So basically, what does a faint line signify? If it has nothing to do with THC levels, what causes one to be faint and another to be solid?

2. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

The line has everything to do with THC. If you have too much THC metabolite in your system then you don't get a line.
    Your wife is clean and QF is clean so they have a dark line. You aren't as clean so the line is lighter but still passing. It isn't a zero tolerance test.

Here is a comparison....
    Geese fly in a V formation. One side is always longer than the other side.
    Do you know why????
    Answer: There are more geese on the longer side.;)

3. parooka9

parooka9 New Member

ok, so basically what you're saying is...

anyone who is 100% clean will get a nice clear line, while anyone who has a "little bit" of THC in their system, yet not above the 50ng cutoff level, will get a fainter line?

This is worrisome to me, because while I have learned that a line will pass a 50ng cutoff test...isn't the point of a drug test to determine if a person has used drugs at all? Not whether they have used a little bit, or if they are "a little dirty, but not so much"?

So now I gather, and correct me if I'm wrong...faint lines mean that you have used marijuana, but just not enough to go past 50ng. If this is the case, then why wouldn't most labs send the faint line samples in for further testing, if they realize that faint lines represent a small amount of THC?

Just curious, sorry I am new to all of this. Thanks.

4. 1tokeovertheline

I think you are thinking on it too much. Try this it's really pretty simple.

If 50 is the cut of level then it is apparent that you can have some amount of THC metabolites in your system. Which means that you could have smoked or eaten some marijuana.
    If there wasn't any cut off level, then that would mean that you could not have any marijuana in your system at all. You would have to be Quick Fix or your Wife clean to pass the test.
    I can't do any better than that for an explanation. If you don't get it with this someone else will have to explain it.

PS
    sec don't just set there help me out :laugh:

5. parooka9

parooka9 New Member

well, maybe someone else can clear this up for me then.

Initially, I was under the impression that a faint line meant nothing. In other words, a faint line is the same a a solid line. Faint line, Solid line, doesn't matter - you pass a 50ng test.

But from what you're saying a faint line DOES mean something. It means that you have a little bit of THC in your system, and that you aren't, to quote you, "as clean" as someone who shows a clear solid line.

Based on this, wouldn't a faint line lead to some amount of suspicion? I guess not, though I can't see WHY not.

I guess I will just sub.

6. 1tokeovertheline

A line means you passed. Don't worry about dark or light. If you can see a line you should pass.

7. Secs

Secs New Member

I give 5 panel instant tests all the time. By all the time, I mean at least 5-10 times a day.
    ALWAYS, the THC line is lighter than the control line and ALWAYS it is lighter than the opiates line (both the THC control line and the THC test line are lighter than the Opiates test line). It doesn't matter who I test or what their background is, the THC line is fainter to some degree than the Opiate line. sometimes the Cocaine line is fainter, sometimes the Meth line is faint. IF the line is there, it passes. IF it isn't there, it doesn't.

It is as simple as that.

8. 1tokeovertheline

Thanks and I didn't quote because I think you meant ALWAYS lighter... and ALWAYS lighter

I got to get to bed for work tomorrow. If I am wrong just delete this reply or something......bye

EDIT:;)

9. Ugo

Ugo New Member

Don't quote me on this but I doubt the lab is allowed to comment on the strength of the line. All they can do in the results is check off boxes for either test cancelled, negative or positive with options for diluted, or adultrated. I got this off the form I got back after my recent test.

10. Darius927

Darius927 New Member

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! :rofl2: :lmao:
    Nice one!