What is White Rhino?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by HydroChronic, May 30, 2008.

1. HydroChronic

HydroChronic New Member

ok so my dealer called me tonight and told me he's bring back some shit called white rhino...said its 40 bucks an 1/8th but he'll sell it to me for 20-25...but i have 2 questions...what is it?...and what should i expect?

2. White Rhino is a powerful F1 hybrid of White Widow and a curiously strong North American indica strain. White Rhino could have medicinal applications because of its high THC content. The taste of this smoke is hashy and slightly harsh, a good bong smoke. The American father of the Rhino is more indica than the White Widow father, creating a denser and somewhat shorter plant. The buzz is stoney and comes on hard.

2 people like this.
  3. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

peace n love nailed it, I don't know if what he said is correct but sounds about right. Many people near me have grown white rhino, last time I had some the 8ths looked like 1/4's very nice.

4. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

wh-wh-wh-what????

an eighth of white rhino for 25 bucks??!? id be skeptical, to say the least....

5. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

:rofl2: :laugh:
    ...Sorry, just struck me funny. What Peace said is a good seed chucker's blurb (not saying Peace is a seed chucker at all) and is factual from what I know.

Leaving the "your dealer can tell you it's anything" truth alone for the moment...I have a couple of favorite strains, one of them is White Widow. When I grew White Rhino, I found that it was stronger than the WW and actually a bit too strong for my lifestyle, but worked great if you needed to anesthetize yourself before going to sleep (or passing out, they were too close to call a couple of nights).

Great for pain relief or sleep disorders. Bad for playing a round of golf. :D

6. yeah, that's what i got from nirvana, if it's 25 an 1/8 and it's real rhino, go for it.

2 people like this.
  7. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

holy shit any high-grade for 25 and eighth is ridiculously good price, unless you are buying real weight..

8. Merry-juana

Merry-juana Sr. Member

Go for it, it is great bud. I only smoke from the "white" range and it is some of the best indica based I have ever smoked. (Even though I haven't smoked much, haha.)

but here is the thing, strain is only 20% of the key factors for a plant to be good. How it was growed is the most important factor, so ask to get a test sample (1/2 a joint.) before you buy, and then buy an 1/2 ounce+ if it is good.

9. HydroChronic

HydroChronic New Member

well i bought an eighth for 25 like he said....but i smoked outta a zong at his house (since we're related)...and i passed out after one rip...i felt gone for a little over 5 minutes...and then just passed out...i didnt even really get to experience the high...i still have some left but what if i just pass out again?...

10. just toke a much smaller hit. a bong will put you on your ass, especially with high grade. use a hand pipe or something.

2 people like this.
  11. Chinopants

Chinopants Guest

roll some pinners just make some thin small joints.

12. HydroChronic

HydroChronic New Member

how about some meth while i am at it..haha...j/k.....so was that white rhino?..

13. sounds real potent, but there is no way we will ever know.

14. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

I've yet to have any weed make me "pass out" ESPECIALLY after one hit. Quite frankly, I didn't think marijuana would have that effect on anyone :shrug: In 14 years of smoking, I've seen my share of odd things...many panic attacks, etc...but have yet to see anyone pass out after taking a hit. Were you on anything else, or had you been drinking before toking up?

15. HydroChronic

HydroChronic New Member

nope didn't drink...im not a big drinker...i prefer smoking over drinking....and i didnt do anything else...i was even on my Adderall 30mg...and i STILL passed out...i went into this state of mind where i was awake but stil extremely tired sort of like a nod....i laid my head down and i was out...

16. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

its pretty sad that after 14 years of smoking, youve never once encountered godly weed. its pretty uncommon, but you would think that it wouldnt take that long of throwing yourself out there before you find some rare incredible shit.

17. Merry-juana

Merry-juana Sr. Member

I once passed out from weed, but it was after like 0.8 grams of WW leaves. But I can imagine passing out from a big hit from a bong on White Rhino. The thing about the white strain is, often times, to be able to get a buzz or a medeum high, you have to mix it with something, since one hit will get you stoned out of your mind, and one big hit of bud hairs will get you too stoned. If you wish to mix it, I reccomend trying mint or lavander. (Mint being the best, it really brings out the flavor of the marijuana.)
    If you do not wish to mix it, only use it when you want to get really stoned, not just a light buzz, and take one, small hit, wait a little bit (4-5 mins) and if you want to get more stoned, take another, repeat this process untill you are where you want to be. BTW DO NOT PUFF, you have to inhale the smoke completely and hold it in for 3 seconds, just do not suck that joint into oblivion, otherwise you just waist smoke.
    With the white strains, you have to be cautios not to smoke too much, since it is really easy to smoke too much. You might take 2, be high and energetic, and then take a small, puny little hit and suddenly become really, really stoned, and want to go to sleep. The most important thing to remember is, take your time, the weed won't run away. If you want to be just little more stoned, then let your lips touch the joint/pipe, and take the smallest puny hit of your life.

18. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

Oh, how you are mistaken, my friend. :cool: I've smoked some of the most incredible weed this world has to offer. I'm smoked weed orignating in many countries, and from nearly every region of the US. Hell, my honeymoon location (Jamaica) was chosen BECAUASE of its weed-tolerant atmosphere. Not bragging, but I've smoked basically all there is to smoke. I'm not saying I've tried EVERY strain or anything that outrageous, but I've smoked every grade of weed, from low THC "ditchweed" to some of the headist weed out there (NYC Diesel, White Widow, AK-47, Blueberry, etc etc etc). I've also smoked various types of hash, and while it was INCREDIBLY potent, I didn't come close to "passing out" after smoking not one, but SEVERAL, hits of it. I've had my share of "rare, incredbible shit" but have never witnessed myself or anyone I've smoked with passing out after one hit. :shrug: Don't assume that just because I haven't experienced that that you are any more exerpienced than I am. Quite frankly, I wouldnt WANT to pass out after a single hit. Kinda defeats the purpose of getting high is you pass the fuck out immediately after exhaling, don't ya think? Don't play it off as this being a common symptom of smoking good weed, because unconciousness IS NOT a typical effect of smoking a hit or two of weed, no matter HOW good it is. :rolleyes: :wtf: :rolleyes:

And Merry-juana, I've smoked straight bong hits of white widow bud (not leaves or"bud hairs") and never came close to passing out. Quite frankly, I don't understand why you guys insist passing out is a common effect from smoking good weed. It has never happened to me or anyone I know of!!

2 people like this.
  19. Snipe¤Star

Snipe¤Star New Member

well then more power to you. to each his own i guess. ive never seen anyone experience a 'panic-attack' from smoking weed, as it tends to wind people down instead of up- but each person reacts differently to all things. ive passed out from one hit only when i was new to smoking, and only after taking a very large hit of some very potent bud. not something common to an everyday smoker, but (especially in the beginning stage of smoking where the tolerance is very low) you would think that at some point in time this would happen once or twice.

20. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

And that's the crux of the issue. Each individual will react in a subjective manner to the same stimuli, so this whole "hasn't happened to me", "has happened to me" back and forth is pretty fruitless. :shrug:

Doing a quick google search I see a lot of other people claiming it has happened to them and I have no reason to call them all liars. Like I said earlier, falling asleep or passing out, it was too close to call and not a hair I really feel the need to split. Other subjective things could contribute as well, how tired you are, your health, etc..;)

As for panic attacks, my time here shows a fair percentage tend to experience them. Mostly inexperienced smokers as they aren't used to the effects of smoking and have yet to shed the brainwashing of the DARE crowd so they freak at the unknown.

I experienced it once myself but that was solely due to the early harvest of a sativa. Never ever doing that again. :laugh:

Anyway back to the subject...White Rhino, the strongest weed I've smoked in my more than two and one half decades of toking. I'm betting there are other strains just as powerful, though. :chokin:

2 people like this.