What States/Cities Have the Most Liberal Marijuana Laws?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by backtothefuture, Sep 28, 2004.

1. backtothefuture

backtothefuture New Member

I've been reading much of the threads concering different cities and places that only fine you for possessing herb, but I was wondering where is the BEST place to live in terms of marijuana laws.

Thanks in advance
  2. blizzah

blizzah New Member

i think its california (where i live) for the first offense the maximum fine is 100 dollars and no jail/prison/rehab time
  3. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Guest

The most liberated place in North America concerning marijuana laws is Vancouver and surroudding Areas. B.C. in General.

I do know that the mayor does want marijuana legalized for revenue/tax. purposes aswell as Medical purposes.

You can find many "amsterdam style" cafes all in about Vancouver - Sans the sale of marijuana. Just go there, relax and have a joint.
    Although one store has decided that enough is enough and they started selling. Right over the counter. $10 for 1 Gram. Im really glad they're doing this because its time some just stepped up and spoke in such a strong way. Just give it time before drastic changes happen - good ones :)

Toronto is following quite closely too, (I can give information about police incedents in Vancouver, because I do not live there) but here in toronto, Police handle it like nothing. Ive been approached by a police officer on a few occasions with a joint (once in a fully hotboxed car - smoke was everywhere) and the most theyve done/said was put it away or go to a better location.

Toronto aswell has an "amsterdam style" cafe at the moment, with another on the way I believe. Its great not have to hide such a wonderful plant that does many positive things and trace negative things.

The Canadian government knows this, the only reason that it hasnt been legalized sooner is from another completely different government who doesnt see the proven facts on paper that this "Drug" is not bad at all. The United States of America. They are affraid that it will be shipped into their country and sold on the black market, Thus, loosing in Declared money or Taxes. By Canada doing this, We take that money that is going into the Black Bank and going into our Health Care or Evironmental Studies ETC.
  4. imported_weedfiend

imported_weedfiend New Member

Up in smoke is right man. Go to Canada, B.C. perferably. Canada is pretty laid back from what I hear. I went to Niagra Falls and thought about smoking a joint and watching the falls but the risk is to high. In other words don't try to smoke while looking at the falls. Other then there I recommend somewhere in Canada otherwise Alaska.

Weedfiend
  5. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

The same happened to my cousin in T.dot
    I love being there, the herb is great, cheap, and I'm afard to toke in public. :)
  6. nickpdx

nickpdx New Member

For the USA - Portland, Oregon
  7. ZeroCulture

ZeroCulture New Member

hehe ... all the Americans coming to Canada on vacation will be scared to smoke out in public ... you can get away with it here ... heck you can have a coffee, and sit on the patio outside and roll/smoke a j.
  8. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

haha, I meant I'm not afraid to toke in public, haha, my bad. i suck
  9. Coolguy

Coolguy New Member

Colorado's laws pretty sweet.

First time offense.. possession of under 1 oz.. = petty offense.

here's a good site to look at for state laws:

www.norml.org
  10. IGemini

IGemini [?]

I was in Toronto for a weekend and smoked in public. The manner is not suggested for the states.
  11. p.funk

p.funk New Member

WELL WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT COME TO COLUMBIA SC WERE I LIVE THIS STATE HAS SOME OF THE HARDEST LAW ONE JOINT WILL COST YOU A LOT HERE
  12. imported_PunkJunkie

imported_PunkJunkie New Member

nice caps ^^^

I live near detroit, first offence is probation, second is rehab/juvi. Court fines and such really add up too. A freind of mine got 1 year for use (he was narked out) and he's been failing tests.... he's gonna end up going to rehab..
  13. Zilos

Zilos Seasoned Activist

Vancouver, BC, is by far the best in the world! :thumbsup:
  14. TiKiTiKi

TiKiTiKi Sr. Member

I only wish i could move to canada. Yea, they have good laws. i want to be able to smoke where and when i want. no hassle from cops.

But im only 16 :D