*** What to Do When Your Dog Eats Your Stash ***

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Mamabudz, Aug 21, 2002.

?

Did this information assit you?

1. Yes it did!

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No not really...

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. It doesn't apply to me.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I want another dog biscuit! (WOOF)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

We all know that getting yur pets stoned is not only absolutely WRONG...but immoral and dammit...illogical! They want to partake, dammit, they can help buy the stash!!!

But eventually in everyone's life, their beloved "pooch" "smooshie face" "Spot" Rover" or "Mouser"... or gueinea pig... will find and devour their stash...

In my case, my darling precoucious 50 lbs of 7 month old puppy decided to teeth on a bottle of diazepam this weekend and we rushed him to Veterinary Emergency. The little pill popper is fine, Mama and Papa Budz are still recovering :eek:

The Hospital Staff were very compassionate and shared with us stories of Owners who refused to provide info on the Stash their (usually dogs) ate.

As a Public Service I present to you:

*** WHAT TO DO IF YOUR ANIMAL EATS YOUR STASH ***

1) Make a note of how much he/she has eaten
    2) Call your Vet immediately...If you don't have a vet look in the Yellow Pages for an EMERGENCY VET SERVICE
    3) Tell the Nurse/Vet on the phone exactly what happened, the amount of stash you think he/she ate, the weight of the animal, and the breed of the animal. (To get the Weight: Stand on a bathroom scale, get your weight ... pick up dog, stand on scale, get both your weights... Subtract your weight from both your weights, you are left with your animal's weight)
    4) The nurse/vet will ask additional questions about your pet and how he/she is acting/reacting and will advise whether or not immediate treatment is required.

SOMETIMES IMMEDIATE TREATMENT IS REQUIRED TO PROTECT FROM DEATH!!!

SOMETIMES, YOU CAN JUST LIVE WITH A STONED PUPPY FOR AWHILE....

BUT... Alway be honest with your VET... your pet is depending on you!

...now have a dog biscuit ;)

Hugz,

Mama Budz

2. Bongzilla

Bongzilla Seasoned Activist

Although I understand and totally agree with the marijuana.com policy on the discussion of animals getting high, I think this is a good topic so people won't be freaking out about what to do if this happens.

About 6 months ago, my 20 pound pug ate three of my cookies (roughly 2.5-3 grams). I was a little freaked out, and called my father, who is a vet.

My poor little puggy had couchlock! Although it is definetly not funny when it happens, because although MJ is safe for human consumption, I wouldn't take chances and just wait and see what happens. Chocolate and onions can kill a dog, so just be safe and call a vet!

The risk of getting busted is absolutely minimum, but obviously you should be a responsible pet owner and call up the vet.

3. caliskunk1

caliskunk1 New Member

{Mod Note from Mama Budz: sorry caliskunk, but I had to delete this part....:( } i am not a scientist or vet, though, so don't take my word for it.

4. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

Good Post Mama...

Thank's...:wave:

5. Herb Ninja

Herb Ninja Seasoned Activist

Mrs. buds, out of curiosity, whats diazepam?

6. Panama

Panama Seasoned Activist

Generic Valium.

7. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

Okay folks... so we don't run into anything off topic... I'm gonna close this thread down ~ but if you have soemthing you MUST ADD...just PM me.

Thanks for all your support... Pooch is at 100%... Papa and I are still recovering :rolleyes: ...

Glad we had a happy ending... ANd I hope this never happens to you... BUT if it does, now you know... BUE HONEST WITH YOUR VET AND GET YOUR LOVED PET TO MEDICAL HELP ASAP!

Hugz to all,

Mama Budz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.