What to do with stems?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by thugcash89, Sep 2, 2008.

1. thugcash89

thugcash89 New Member

Some One once told me that if you put the hold bud in the grinder including the stems you will get more high because the stems can get you high too, is this true??!?!?!
    In other words can you get high off stems?
  2. Hookahs

Hookahs Banned

Smoking stems is not quite a philosophy, So moved to the 420 Lounge.

Smoking stems will not get you higher.
  3. thugcash89

thugcash89 New Member

sry im hella high and I couldnt find where to post lol
  4. 29yeartoker

29yeartoker New Member

Smoking stems will get you a head ache I know that since I tried smoking stems before out of desperation when I was much younger.
  5. krad

krad New Member

After similar experiences of desperation, i've found it's just not worth it. Sure you can cut up a whole bunch of stems and scrape some resin for a small shitty buzz, but i'd rather wait until my next bag.
    3 people like this.
  6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

There's not enough THC in stems to make it worth smoking all of that wood. The best thing to do with stems is make tea.
  7. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Guest

If anything, stems act as filler in a bowl. Putting stems in a joint will probably rip the paper.
  8. i smoke stems when my stash runs out. if you grind it up, it makes for a nice high. not exactly a weed high, but it's nice regardless. i won't take the bud off of the stem unless the stem is huge.
  9. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

You can make hash or extract small ammounts of kief from stems, you do need a shitload of stems though. I put mine in with my rolling baccy for flavour.
  10. GREENFOODGAMES

GREENFOODGAMES I LOVE WEED

You need to smoke a joint the size of a telephone pull to pull that one off :)
  11. jp82

jp82 New Member

Check this out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCAes331Bs]YouTube - What to do with your marijuana stems[/ame]
  12. MrFreeman

MrFreeman New Member

the only time i use my stems for smoking is when im out, or when i have no filter in my pipe i lay them across to make a barricade for the weed.
  13. Merry-juana

Merry-juana Sr. Member

I chuck all the stems in my bowls, exept the big ones, but small stems right at the bud can get you high, but the larger stems will be better off stored to make tea out of.
  14. o_t00high_o

o_t00high_o Sr. Member

I would say make cannabutter with the stems. Well, if you cultivate your own weed, stems from sacks wouldn't be worth it. Unless you're buying like ounces at a time, then maybe.
  15. GREENFOODGAMES

GREENFOODGAMES I LOVE WEED

Tea - that's what I do with them once I get a shit-load :)
  16. awd4g63

awd4g63 New Member

The stems do contain amounts of THC, but they're not in great numbers. In fact, the stems would 'dilute' your THC content if they were mixed in with the goods.
  17. CRIMSONxSOLDIER

CRIMSONxSOLDIER All Aboard the Canni-bus!

I dont like to smoke stems, they give me headaches, but My friend gave me his stems and I vaped them. And I got pretty damn high. Of course it will probably take more stems to get you high because they have less THC content but they still work. I used my lightbulb vape, though im sure it would work in a commercial vape too.
  18. Deismona leOmega

Deismona leOmega New Member

In times of great need... or when my herb supply has run dry, I either go to my friend who has a vaporizer and smoke the stems with him there, or shred them in a very fine fashion. The vaporizer seems to leech all the THC out of the stems, and though it's not as potent as the high from the leaves and buds, it'll still get you buzzed. When smoking from a pipe, it takes much more of the stems. About two bowls worth for me.

But this is just from my own experience.
  19. o_t00high_o

o_t00high_o Sr. Member

I just don't SMOKE stems.
  20. Circles

Circles New Member

I've been told stems make you infertile, I chop it all up anyway.