What Vaporizing Temperature Should I Use?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MapleLeafs_Stoner, Apr 5, 2008.

1. MapleLeafs_Stoner

MapleLeafs_Stoner New Member

I have had my volcano vaporizer for about 8 months now. It's is the best thing I have ever bought and use it probably 5-8 times a day. I have never really figured out what the right temperature is to vapourize at though...

Me and my friends always put it on 420F because thats a wicked awesome number, but isn't that too high? It rips fat bags and gets us mega high so I have just left it there but I want to know if there are any health/high benefits of having it at the right temperature and what that temperature might be.?
  2. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

For the the Volcano's vaporization process to work as optimally as possible I would start at +-355F (with fresh herb) and then adjust upwards in small increments as you work your way though the same material.
    When I'm on my last bowl it's usually set around 400F.

420 is definitely high ;)...
    2 people like this.
  3. MapleLeafs_Stoner

MapleLeafs_Stoner New Member

How do I know if its the right temperature between 355-400?

Is it not supposed to make a really full bag that you can't see through?
  4. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Did you get the manual that came with the original unit?
    If not then here is where you can download it as a .pdf. It'll give you the temperatures in F & C right alongside the numbers on the dial...

storz-bickel.com/vaporizer/download-volcano-vaporizer-instructions-operating-manual.html
  5. 5drive

5drive Slacker

The temp you use is up to you, but 420 is really high. If you don't mind getting a lot of the toxins that come with smoke then you can go that high. Personally, I'd stay closer to 5.5 on the dial (assuming you have the Classic), or 365F, and consider 7 (396F) to be the high end.

"The vaporizer produced THC at a temperature of 185° C. (365° F.) while completely eliminating three measured toxins - benzene, a known carcinogen, plus toluene and naphthalene. Carbon monoxide and smoke tars were both qualitatively reduced by the vaporizer, but additional testing is needed to quantify the extent of the decrease.

Significant amounts of benzene began to appear at temperatures of 200° C. (392° F), while combustion occurred around 230° (446°F) or above. Traces of THC were in evidence as low as 140° C. (284° F)."

Cannabis Vaporizer Study