when will marijuana ever be legalized?

Discussion in 'Legalization/Decriminalization' started by souljah, May 6, 2010.

1. souljah

souljah New Member

just as the title is saying, when will marijuana ever be legalized?
    in 3 years from now, do you think it will be legal in many more countries?
    what about 5 years? 10 years?
    what about in other places in the world? :confused:

thanks!
  2. claygooding

claygooding DrugWarVeteran

It is nearly impossible too judge when sanity and common sense will win out over fear and prejudice. The vote in Nov will be the first attempt at legalization in over 70 years and it is showing a very strong possibility of winning,because now conservative organizations are starting to be against the War on Drugs. They don't necessarily want legalization,but realize it is the only way to stop the violence caused by the prohibition.
    The cops around here all believe it will be legal within 5 years,or so they say.
    If Ca legalizes in NOV,and the National Guard is not called in to arrest everyone that voted for it,there will be several Latin American countries that will follow within months.
    2 people like this.
  3. spadezz

spadezz New Member

i dont think it will ever be
  4. Gee

Gee The truth is in here

Wrong. More and more everyday citizens are coming to realise the war on Cannabis is just a complete and utter waste of lives and money. The government may be able to hold out the charade a little longer but the tide is turning in a dramatic way.

I can't really predict how fast this change will occur but it definitely is happening! :woohoo:
  5. AmericanSmoker

AmericanSmoker New Member

I really think it will happen sooner and more suddenly than most think. It makes so much sense to legalize on so many different levels. It will happen!
  6. souljah

souljah New Member

thanks for your posts!
    but you gotta be kidding that they would arrest people that voted for it??? :O
  7. 024

024 Sr. Member

Without giving a rough estimate as above I can assure you in the next 20 years.
  8. Charley

Charley New Member

Jan. 2013
  9. thelonglostson

thelonglostson New Member

Interesting. How did you come up with that approximate date?
  10. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

It may well be legal in California next year. Cheech Marin, who is in a position to take the pulse of the country, says that it will be legal at the federal level in three years. Personally, I give it five years.
  11. SenorSmokesALot

SenorSmokesALot Subscriber

It's very dependant on how it goes in November in California. Already there is a lot of media coverage over this topic so if it is voted legal then there may be a dominoe effect across the country (will still take around 3 years). Even if it is rejected I believe though it may take longer it won't be any longer than 5 or 6 years.
  12. semajmarc

semajmarc New Member

It will be sooner rather than later if more people get off their butts and start taking action in this cause.
    2 people like this.
  13. Habbiib

Habbiib New Member

I highly doubt that it will EVER be legal on the federal level. There is TOO much money being brought in by the alcohol and tobacco industries to be met by the marijuana black market to be legalized. Unlesss cannabis growers everywhere can pool their money and buy some congressmen, I don't see marijuana being legalized on the federal level anythime in the next century.
  14. Rocketman

Rocketman Sr. Member

You do know that marijuana would get the government billions and billions of dollars if they legalized it right?
    There would be a lotttt of money coming in to the government.
  15. AstroCoaster

AstroCoaster Sr. Member

Its going to be a long slow process if you want Marijuana to be legalized everywhere. Its these tiny things here and there, the tiny things on a day by day basis you don't see, that will lead to totale legalization. Don't ask when will Marijuana be legalized, but how ? The internet is connected to everything. How can you use it to forward the legalization of Marijuana ?
  16. claygooding

claygooding DrugWarVeteran

I agree. 3 to 5 years. That should allow big money time too find new investments and the drug warriors to change their target,,,,,,maybe.

RE: arresting voters,satirical humor,,,,I hope.

:spin::wiggle::metal::bong2:::rocket::
  17. souljah

souljah New Member

when it becomes legal im gonna cry so much :p
    there was one thing that popped up in my mind before, what if politicians can just legalize for a short amount of time, so they can see how everyone "handles" it?
    or maybe thats just a bad idea, because then they might give reasons to permanently illegalize it..
    I really don't see why it shouldn't be legalized ever, but I do fully agree that it will take time before its legal worldwide.
  18. Habbiib

Habbiib New Member

It would make money a LOT of money for the Federal government itself, but not for the congressmen who are getting "campaign contributions" from these companies to make sure marijuana remains illegal.