Where does cannabis grow best naturally?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Eoin, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Eoin

Eoin New Member

I'm aware that cannabis can grow naturally in pretty much every non-extreme climate but where do people consider the best wild cannabis to be grown and where in particular does it grow more than anywhere else, without any influence from people trying to grow it?

2. 024

024 Sr. Member

3 people like this.
  3. joshpackr

joshpackr Sr. Member

I'm pretty sure cannabis originated in Asia. That's what I've read anyway. I would imagine that type of climate is where it would grow best.

2 people like this.
  4. 024

024 Sr. Member

Climate changes. As long as its not to hot or too cold its good to grow.

5. ESVAburnout

ESVAburnout New Member

On a ditch bank(experience), but from what one of my friends say they know someone who grows their shit up in a tree. I do know the guy that he says does it, and for this guy anything is possible, just like me.

Good way to stealth grow though, someone couldn't tell your shit walking through the woods.

6. ganja-man

ganja-man Groovy

I'm not 100% sure, and I don't feel like researching it right now... But, I believe cannabis originated in the mountains of Afghanistan and as far as I know some of the best herb still grows there (as well as the surrounding areas) naturally.

7. 024

024 Sr. Member

na Central Asia, takes 5 seconds to google it.

8. ganja-man

ganja-man Groovy

I googled it. The info I found says that it originated in/around the Himalayas, which stretch across several countries, including Afghanistan, Pakistan, China and a few others...

Cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://cgwilliams.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/the-himalayas-map1.gif

^That's a map of the Himalayas, and according to that map, Afghanistan is to the north-west.

So, I guess we're both right ;]

9. MNSasquatch

MNSasquatch New Member

Mmmmmmm... Afgan Kush... My favvy

10. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

Cannabis can grow in almost any environment except the desert (because of not only lack of water, but lack of major nutrients) or the artic (it likes warmth). It seems Marijuana grows best in the wild in humid areas, even though it originates from the Himalayas above Afghanistan (Dry, Cold areas), that doesn't make the best place it grows. It seems to like humid environments, like the jungles in Mexico - it grows at quite a rapid rate there.

11. SmokeyMcPott

SmokeyMcPott **********

I judt had a fat sack of that the other day. Delicious. Wild weed grows really well in tropical areas. Look up the ganja fields in Jamaica. :)

12. kinghelwig

kinghelwig New Member

oh, it grows in the desert but you have to watch what your doing.

13. Cannabis_Joe

Cannabis_Joe New Member

Well, I know it generally grows fairly well during the spring and summer time, and a little during the fall here in Florida. Unless you get unlucky and a hurricane ruins it, but otherwise it'll grow without much need for maintenance. It rains pretty much everyday during that time, so you don't need to water it much yourself.