which is BETTER-->glass vs. plastic?

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by 420'd, May 12, 2007.

1. 420'd

420'd New Member

i kno plastic bongs are WAY cheaper, but other than the fact that glass itself is just more expensive, is there any advantage to having a glass bong versus a plastic bong? i have a glass one just under a foot high but i wanna get one 18' or so high, and plastic seems like the way to go cause i can get one way cheaper, plus the bottom comes off for cleaning and it wont break.

thoughts? is there an advantage of havin a glass bong?
  2. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

Only the hits of marijuana...
  3. TiKiTiKi

TiKiTiKi Sr. Member

No question if you are planning on being a regular smoker I would suggest a glass bong
  4. rasta toker89

rasta toker89 New Member

i really never done a bong exsept for gravity bongs and waterfall bongs but i would have to go with glass
  5. KushMonster

KushMonster New Member

I would say if you want to get an acrylic bong make it at leaast a 4 footer-6ft you can get one for about $40,they are loads of fun.An acrylic bong under a foot seems silly and lame unless there is a gas mask attached to that bong:D
  6. ZephyrEire

ZephyrEire Guest

Glass is the way to go, no doubt

plastic certainly has it's advantages, namely it's not fragile. You don't run nearly the risk of it falling or getting knocked over and *crash*, there goes your investment.

But as for performance and, in my opinion, looks, you just can't beat a nice glass piece
  7. fight4theright

fight4theright Marijuana Enthusiast

Taste the weed as its meant to be tasted, and go with the glass!
  8. hustler74

hustler74 New Member

i have an acrylic bong, but a week ago i smoked out of a glass bong and enjoyed the glass so much better.
  9. homemadebubbler

homemadebubbler Always bubblin'

Plastic is way more durable and easier to travel with, but glass hits a LOT better.
  10. Rauch|Drogen

Rauch|Drogen New Member

Isn't the bowl the only bit that really matters, taste-wise? So wouldn't the ideal, then, be an acrylic bong (for cost reduction) with a glass bowl (for flavour/smoothness)?

- Rauch|Drogen :thumb:
  11. Coolguy

Coolguy New Member

There are really only 2 things that are better about plastic IMO... price and harder to break. That's it.
  12. Billinheimer

Billinheimer New Member

I like hitting glass bongs one hundred times better than a plastic bong. In my expiriance glass hits harder and gets you higher for longer. But if you are concerned with price and you are not going to be using it everyday then acrylic would still get the job done.
  13. copsh

copsh New Member

Ok while agree that glass is nicer than plastic (hell they still even sell coke in glass bottles) you are wrong in thinking it gets you higher. There is no way it can get you higher. Any additional high would be purley your brain playing tricks on yourself.
  14. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Well acrylic does absorb smoke, but if you can tell the difference you could rent yourself out as a lab instrument.
  15. phubar

phubar New Member

I hope you meant 18"
  16. atomichaze420

atomichaze420 New Member

Try them out, you might notice a difference, you may notice nothing at all. If you can, get two, keep the glass in a permanent location such as you room, bring the plastic one with you camping or partying. It's a real fucking bummer when your shit breaks. :mad: