Who likes to hotbox?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Tenderlungs, May 26, 2008.

1. Tenderlungs

Tenderlungs Sr. Member

So who here likes to hotbox? I'm sure it's something we all enjoy, and if any of you haven't been able to hotbox, I definitely suggest it. :hail:

Where does everyone hotbox at?

I've converted my bedroom closet into a hotbox, since I have my own bathroom in my room, I just store my clothes in the bathroom closet.

It's a decent sized closet that can comfortably seat three people. We used to always go in there with packed bongs, and end up getting so baked we just stayed for hours.

Right now I've got a chair in there, and I can go in there with less than a full bowl in the bubbler and come out BAKED.

I remember one time going in there with two friends, after a little bit of drinking and downing some lorcets, to smoke a few bowls around 5 PM and staying in there until after the sun had gone down. Fun times. :D (Isn't it okay to talk about these since they were in combination with mj?)

Anybody got hotbox stories they wanna share?

edit: In fact, I think I'm gonna go hotbox right now. :D
  2. steakii

steakii New Member

i used to hotbox blunts every day in my car after school in broad daylight in an apartment complex. People would come by and ask us for hits, it was funny as hell because no one there seemed to car. We hotboxed probably 30 or so days in a row and never once had a single problem.

Hotboxing only seems to work well for me if it is a joint or blunt that is being used. There is nearly nothing in the smoke that comes out of your lungs that gets you high.
  3. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

Hotboxing is DEFINITELY one of those things most people row out of. At age 30, I'd wager its been over 10 years since any of my friends have suggested we "hotbox" anything, intentionally, at least. Its just pointless. The only additional THC you're getting is the sidestream smoke from the tiip of the joint or blunt. Inhaling all the additonal smoke does nothing, aside from depositing more tar and whatnot in your lungs. The exhaled smoke contains only trace amounts, if any, of THC, since well over 95% of it is absorbed the FIRST time you inahle it. Hotboxing makes my eyes burn, my clothes/hair stink, and doesn't get me any higher :shrug: Its just not something I'm interested in doing, and seems to be more of a "teen" thing. By the time most people get to their 20's and 30's, the silliness of hotboxing sinks home, and most people lose interest. Its not any more efficient than other smoking methods, and the stink/eye burn factors make it counterproductive, IMO. At the end of a session, my goal isn't to have demon red eyes and reek like I've been in Jamaica for the last months. Quite the opposite, I don't want to smell AT ALL. While I'm sure you love the concept of hotboxing now, come back in 10 years or so, and see how often you still do it. If at all like me and my friends, your hotboxing days will be no more than a distant memory where you look back and say :wtf: was I thinking? What was the point in doing that?
  4. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

I'm only 19, and I don't think I've had a hotbox since last summer. Troublemaker is right, everyone grows out of it. It's way too risky. If a cop sees you you're fucked right then and there.

Just getting out and walking is much more enjoyable. I try to smoke less of my weed while driving.
  5. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

Yeah...hotboxing is definitely something you grow out of. I don't find it the least bit entertaining anymore, not because it's immature, simply because of what TM said. I don't want to reek of pot the rest of the day. I don't want my eyes getting horribly irritated along with my throat, and that's all I'm doing by sitting myself in an enclosed area full of smoke.

Why stain my walls more just so I can see all the smoke around me?
  6. Alive-And-Dreaming

Alive-And-Dreaming Sr. Member

I don't hotbox often, maybe once or twice in a given year. I do however, love to make rooms have a haze. not so much smoke you are dying, but still, after, 2-4 bowls of some dunkles, nothing is cooler than having a glowing TV.
  7. THC Fiend

THC Fiend Wonko the Sane

i can't wait 'til I'm mature enough to not hotbox!
    3 people like this.
  8. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

I don't hotbox, I'm 17. I did it a few times when I first started smoking, and then again when I started hanging out with a few people back in the old area I lived in, but even then I didn't particularly enjoy it.

Like TM said, it's no more efficient, it makes me smell like pot and give you horrible red eyes.... Why? :shrug:
  9. Darkflan

Darkflan Sr. Member

I like hotboxing. No reason I guess. But me and my friends do it all the time in my bathroom.

The best hotbox I've ever been in though was, when me and my friend hot boxed my car with a ten gram joint between the two of us. Half way through it was so smoky that I couldn't even see him sitting in the passenger seat. All we could see was the glow of the radio. We also had to roll down the windows because it was starting to get hard to breath since we displaced most of the oxygen in the car.
    2 people like this.
  10. JohnBoySmoker

JohnBoySmoker Sr. Member

Are the lights on in your hotbox when you're getting high?
    Is it better for you when you're naked?
    Do you have music playing in the background or are you sitting in there, listening to your intestines grumble?
  11. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

I don't enjoy hotboxing. Not only does it make my hair, skin, and clothes reek of marijuana, but it irritates my eyes and nose. It doesn't get me any higher, and it only increases the likelihood, or at least possibility, that I/we may get in trouble because of the smell and smoke.
  12. Swabeky

Swabeky Sr. Member

you'll see the light eventually :p
  13. $moKeDanK

$moKeDanK Sr. Member

i used to hot box my friends old apartments closet before she got kicked out because they said we were partying everyday for months and got complaints every other day. one time they shut our power off just to piss us off. she thought she didnt pay the bill, but it turns out the landlord was just pissed off at her and her roomates. we would hotbox her closet everyday, it was the shit. sometimes we would have to leave the door half open because of how hot it got in there we would start sweating.
  14. Zandijuana

Zandijuana Member

Like everyone said before ... you'll grow out of it. I never do it anymore.
  15. ian r

ian r New Member

i like a good hotboxed closet once and a while with a few friends, i love smelling like weed and when i cant keep my eyes open dats the shit. grab some blunts couch cushins music and some friends u got yourself a good time....
  16. IBlazedHeavily

IBlazedHeavily New Member

i agree with most, hotboxing is something you definately grow out of. now if we find ourselves hotboxing (no air confitioning no opened windows) its just to get it all smoky inside to add to the sessions mood. i remember whern my friends would hotbox back in the days..i thought it was stupid and it was too hot lol...
  17. lindo_smokin_indo

lindo_smokin_indo New Member

sickkk hotbox

it was a hell hot day and me and my friend were hell bored watching some shit movie and waiting for my parents to go out so we could smoke up....... and they finally left and we didn't know where to smoke up cause we didnt really wanna go outside because it was so hot and we didnt wanna smoke in the house because of the smell......and just as we were thinking about where to go i looked outside and saw my little brothers inflatable boat!!! so we hopped in the pool, sat at the steps with the water up to our shoulders, under this small upside down inflatable boat and smoked blunts and hit the pipe for like an hour and got totally fucked!!! best thing we ever though of!!! and at the end you pull the boat under water and suck in all the air!! its like a hotbox gravity bong hahahahahahaha TRY IT!!!!!!!!!
  18. KG1990

KG1990 New Member

who doesnt like to hotbox?
  19. krad

krad New Member

I do it every so often, but I don't like reeking of weed or all the smoke that gets in my eyes...plus theres always the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning :dizzy:
  20. Meursault

Meursault Sr. Member

I've hotboxed in cars and in garages before. It's alright, but I don't particularly like or dislike them. I've never done a jamaican hotbox before, but it would be funny to do. Not because I'm expecting to get higher from smoke or anything, but the ridiculousness of the situation while being baked out of your mind with friends seems pretty fun.