Why can't I get High???

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by joelsal, Jan 18, 2010.

1. joelsal

joelsal New Member

I have smoked about 8 times, out of everything except a bong or vaporizer just because I can't get my hand on them. I always do it with friends, they get high and I don't, we usually get about 5 hits. The weed is also good, no brown shit, always green. Im wasting a lot of money. I am inhaling right, inhale the weed until I have no more breath and the take a deep breath of air. Now the smoke is in my lungs, hold for 5 seconds, exhale slowly. I have also heard that i havent broken my "weed wall" yet and once i do i can get high easily like everyone else. Someone help, please and thank you.
    I have made about 3 homemade bongs and still no high.
    Well lets say I do get high, will it take me forever to get high again or just a few hits like everyone else.

2. kronik

kronik New Member

make a homemade bong, i agree most bongs are expensive but homemade bongs are easy to use/make. bongs get you VERY high, almost everyone will telll you that. hope you get high soon haha.

3. blackanthony

blackanthony New Member

if u smoke dank all the time, take a break, or and i know this sounds wierd but smoke some lesser potent herb, ull get ripped, becuase ur used to chronic so get schwagg, and ull be high and ull say why the fuck am i so high. thats what happens sometimes, i know it sounds like bullshit, but it just might work.

4. Blackbear

Blackbear Sr. Member

sounds like your homemade bongs might have some flaws, there's pretty much no way you won't get blazed smoking dank out of a bong if you do it correctly. once you get that first major high the doors will open...

5. Jodawg27

Jodawg27 New Member

Try smoking by yourself. A lot of the time it's hard to feel your high when you're smoking with friends. I know by myself I tend to feel a lot more stoned.

6. UpInFlames

UpInFlames Sr. Member

No, it sounds like bullshit because it IS bullshit. How would smoking less potent weed get you more high? Does that make any sense to you at all? This dude hasn't even been high yet, he doesn't need to take a tolerance break, and certainly doesn't need to smoke less potent weed.

I have heard of a few people who say they can't get high. They seem to be doing everything right, but they can never achieve a high. I suggest you try edibles, with at least a gram in them. Edibles don't require you to do anything 'right', you just eat them and wait for the high. If you still don't get high, then you're just one of the few people that marijuana doesn't affect on.

4 people like this.
  7. Yourtoast

Yourtoast New Member

"I am inhaling right, inhale the weed until I have no more breath and the take a deep breath of air."

This sentence confuses me. Probobly a mis-type but sounds like your gathering the smoke in your mouth until you can't inhale more then exhaling and then taking a deep breath which sums up to be exhaling the smoke without it ever getting to the lungs and then breathing. Inhale only small amounts of smoke but inhale it VERY deep and it will work better.

8. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

Make a gravity bong. They are really easy to make. Try this video to help you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL8TUu7zOkw"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

9. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

When you smoke - Let the smoke enter the mouth then inhale deeply so that you can feel your chest rise and your lungs fill with air and smoke. The hold for about 1 second (you do not need to hold anymore, enough THC is absorbed in one second to get you high, and holding longer than that is just doing unnecessary damage for little gains.) Then exhale till your chest is flat again. Smoking is literally like taking deep breathes. You should be able to feel the smoke and air filling your lungs.

As has been said - Bong hits will get you high.

In my opinion and many others (please feel free to correct me on this anyone) this is how the various smoking methods work:

Joints/Spliffs - Allow you to sit back and relax while smoking the weed... it takes a little bit longer to hit you because it takes a little bit longer to smoke, but it allows you to relax.

Pipes - Pipes are faster to smoke a gram than joints are but as a result that means they will hit you a bit quicker.

Bongs - Bongs are just pure amazing, if you are struggling to get high - this will get you high. Bongs (with big chambers, bigger the better) let you burn all the Marijuana first, then it will all cream up inside the chamber. Then you can inhale all the smoke at once. It hits you within a minute and usually hits quite hard. Taking a few big bong hits will get you completely ripped.

Edibles - Edibles you've got to be careful with cos newcomers tend to eat way too many. Edibles provide a very strong high, which takes about an hour to kick in but lasts for a long time. You do not need as many edibles as people think. Do not eat a fill patch of brownies in one go - it will be too much for you when it finally kicks in.

=========

If none of the above work, you are doing it all properly (make sure you are filling your lungs, that is how it gets access to your bloodstream) then you could just be one of those people who can't get high, it is very rare but there are people in the world that aren't affected by drugs. Do medical drugs work well on you? (Does Aspirin/Paracetamol work well to get rid of pain for you or do they not work at all?) and Do legal drugs affect you at all? (Can you get drunk?) If you can get drunk and medical drugs work on you well, then MJ should work... but there are rare cases where people have naturally high tolerances to THC - this could be your case. Just keep trying, try everything ive mentioned, ensure you are smoking properly, take a huge bong rip... and I really cannot see why you couldn't get high ;)

Oh and as EagleEye above mentioned, Grav bongs are quite effective and quite hard hitters.

Peace-

(I've never wrote so much for just one single person, feel the love man :p)

Also if you want cheap wholesale prices for bongs and other smoke equipment (it is also delivered in an unmarked box) go to everyonedoesit.com I bought a 2 foot glass bong, which is beautiful and hits completely amazing for only 50 pounds off there. (Also came with a free ashtray & free two-skin papers). They have everything from bongs with multiple chambers to bongs which make the smoke go up in a cycle because of how holes are put in the glass (very freaking cool)

10. KissTheSky89

KissTheSky89 Sr. Member

Its not how your hitting or what your hitting out of. If the smoke is in your luings then your getting the THC you need to get high.

Buy an eighth.

Smoke it in a place you can clambake. (Your car with windows up, a closed closet, a garage, etc.)

Put on some music.

Start smokin. Use a regular piece of your choice, it does not matter. Take hits as often or as slow as you want.

Between each bowl give it like 10 min. and start again. I know people who just have high tolerances. It takes like 3 or 4 bowls to get high but when they do it hits them like a BRICK.

Do this and I bet you will most definitly be rippin and tippin my friend.

GOOD LUCK :)

when you have tried this lemme know how it worked.

11. joelsal

joelsal New Member

There is a lot of suggestions but I can't try them all without spending lots of money. Thanks for the long post lukeaxx. Let's say I try brownies, how much weed should I use and if I do get high will itbe easy to get high in the future by anything because people get high real easy and I would love that.

12. KissTheSky89

KissTheSky89 Sr. Member

Lol pot brownies is EXPENSIVE. Prolly cost you around 100 bucks if you buy commercial pot. You probably use around 3/4 an ounce.

And if you do try it DO NOT EAT MORE THAN ONE SERVING!

The problem most people have their first time is that they dont feel anything at first so they eat two or three. The issue is that pot brownies or cookies dont have a limit to how high you can get and that can turn bad real quick. Just be patient when you eat it.

I recommend trying my previous idea before resorting to that. Its very pricey.

13. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

Edibles are quite expensive - you usually use an ounce of weed in a batch of pot brownies. I usually just have edibles on special occasions. And as the guy above me mentioned - the risk is, taking too many. You will only ever need one brownie to get high - you won't feel the effects immediately but they are powerful. Speaking from experience of eating too many, it isn't a particularly nice feeling ;) With smoking however, it is easy to tell when to stop because you find it difficult to toke anymore..

I would just recommend making a very decent home-made bong... make sure its airtight and has a nice big chamber (just use a 2 litre bottle) then take a few hits using it:

[​IMG]

Use a hollowed out pen for the stem and if you cant get your hands on a socket - tin foil with pin prick holes in it as a bowl.

Just take a bowl of that - lay back and relax - then 10 minutes later - take another. Chill out. It is much better indoors with some music on. Just lay and chill, that is the point of the herb.

2 people like this.
  14. KissTheSky89

KissTheSky89 Sr. Member

I love that diagram... and I saved it to my computer :) thank you for sharing that.

15. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

Your welcome :D

16. joelsal

joelsal New Member

Alright well I don't think I will try brownies. But I smoked out of two homemade bongs like that and still nothing.

17. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

Are you sure you are inhaling properly... filling up your lungs before you exhale?

18. KissTheSky89

KissTheSky89 Sr. Member

Lol make sure your gettin enough smoke in that your chokin on that shit. Dont make yourself choke but you should definitly be feelin it in your throat

19. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

Don't mean to go OT, but Kiss, we've been on this website for about 4 hours now postin g on the same topics :p

20. Jaggernaut

Jaggernaut New Member

Try taking a smoke break for like 3 weeks so your tolerence will go down. After that light up. hope it works....