Why do girls always go for douchebags?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Ghoast, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Ghoast

Ghoast New Member

I found this following opinion online and I thought I would share it here. It's pretty interesting and IMO a pretty legit answer to the question, 'Why do girls always go for douchebags?'

My experience has taught me that if a woman actually SAYS that she wants a "sweet guy" you should NOT be that guy. Here's the thing about women - most of them have absolutely no idea what they respond to romantically/sexually. They have ideas in their heads about what they want (or should want), but are usually completely out of touch with what they actually respond to.

It's not that women like douche bags. It's just that the typical bad boy/douche bag exudes certain qualities that women DO find appealing. Women like men who are strong, confident, assertive, guys who take charge, independence and guys who don't care what other people think. Douche bags are like this. They're a whole lot of other things too, which is why relationships with them never last very long. But they never fail to attract women.

The problem most sweet, nice guys have is that they are overly preoccupied with pleasing women. They try hard to be liked, they avoid confrontation, they appease, they beg and they try too hard. Women get the distinct sense when they're with such a guy that this guy needs her a lot more than she needs him. This makes him less valuable in her eyes.

The secret is to adopt the strong qualities of the douche bag, while at the same time keeping your good guy traits. No woman would ever complain about a guy holding a door open and being a gentleman as you described. She just doesn't want a weak little pus*y who begs for her approval and attention.

----

What do you think?
  2. clint902

clint902 Sr. Member

Woman want fixer uppers.
  3. Raizor *3GS*

Raizor *3GS* Sr. Member

Women are easy
  4. stoneygreenbud

stoneygreenbud Super Moderator

IMO, most women want the same things in life as men do, but that doesn't mean, that there arn't exceptions to every rule.

I see the point of your question, and it is funny how some of this plays out in everyday life, I know a few couples that fall into this catagory, the man is too busy trying to please the woman and forgets what being the man is.

I can't see how some women like that in a man, but it can be seen everywhere.

~Stoney~
  5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly New Member

i said this in another forum. its not ass holes vs ncie guys. its alpha males vs pussies.

some nice guys can be alphas and some ass holes can be pussies.

are u a confident man that has been with a few women? that dosent care about rejection? if no then start getting on that path. and sometimes u gotta fake it till u make it.
  6. Nuclear666

Nuclear666 Banned

Ah yes this old debate. Well Ghoast, I think your pretty much spot on but what should really be said is that most girls go for the douchebag, but not all of them do. This is why, if looking for a relationship, I only go for tough, independent girls. Needy bitches are annoying and always cause trouble.
  7. clint902

clint902 Sr. Member

It's a fact that some people see niceness as weakness but I guess most women need someone that's strong to protect them and won't wimp out in a confrontation. If a guy's a wimp, he's more like a woman and women want a man, not a woman unless she's a lesbian in which case she'll hold on to the wimpy guy till she finds her female counterpart. If you're in school, it's kind of tough because there's usually some serious competition there but in the real world, the competition is lower and turns into open season on the Venus fly trap. Hot sexy women are a dime a dozen out there! Not enough days in the week or hours in a day to get em all!
  8. CouchPotato

CouchPotato Cotch Supreme

Until a certain age, yes. Girls grow up after a while, and realise that they'd rather have a long term relationship with a nice guy.

Personally, when I'm trying to impress someone, I mix up being flirty, cheeky, OTT while attempting to be affectionate and caring. I find the type of girls I go for, tend to like this :)
  9. Ghoast

Ghoast New Member

Basically you just need to not take any shit - for example - don't go out of your way to please them when you've just met them. But to then hold on to them you need to be a nice guy who also doesn't take any shit.. Because they don't take any of your shit..
  10. jakspar0w

jakspar0w Tak!

i just want a man.
  11. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

I just want my hand... forever and ever mrs. hand.
  12. new2twistinup

new2twistinup One with the Universe.

Ive always wanted to know why too
  13. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

I personally think there's alot of stereotyping going on in this thread, not to mention the fact that when you're going after a girl and start getting showed up by another guy it's often hard to stop yourself from thinking of him as a douchebag.

While it is possible to group people, it's not logical. Asshole vs Nice Guy, Introvert vs. Extrovert etc. none of it really matters until the other piece of the equation is there.

In a way it's like saying people don't usually fit together perfectly. We're all very oddly shaped pieces of a 7 billion piece puzzle. It's just a matter of smashing the pieces together over and over until you find the ones that match up better than the others.
    2 people like this.
  14. CouchPotato

CouchPotato Cotch Supreme

Either I'm stoned, or what you just said makes more sense than not running with scissors.
    7 people like this.
  15. Sierra Twist 11

Sierra Twist 11 New Member

For the most part, you are spot on with this analysis. I'd also mention just the plain fact that most girls are incredibly hypocritical. Saying they want a good guy but they always contradict themselves when they pick the douchebag. Then, they bitch and complain about it when it was their own fault for picking the asshole in the first place. I don't really have sympathy for those kinds of women.
  16. Sierra Twist 11

Sierra Twist 11 New Member

For the most part, you are spot on with this analysis. I'd also mention just the plain fact that most girls are incredibly hypocritical. Saying they want a good guy but they always contradict themselves when they pick the douchebag. Then, they bitch and complain about it when it was their own fault for picking the asshole in the first place. I don't really have sympathy for those kinds of women.
  17. Ghoast

Ghoast New Member

I'd just like to state again that I did NOT write the OP I FOUND it online and wanted opinions on it..
  18. Insaneteacher

Insaneteacher Fare You Well

I've decided that i'm just gonna be exactly who i am, whatever that may be, until a woman comes along and finds me attractive...:D
  19. Phantom420

Phantom420 New Member

define the word man. cause obviously if your a nice guy or a douchebag your still a man.

the way i see it is, women pick different types of men for different reasons. women will seek the douchebag/bad boy for excitement passion and sex, especially when they are young. then when it comes time to settle down and raise their bad boy baby they find a nice guy, who is so obsessed with her, that she never has to worry about him abandoning her and her children. (of course there are exceptions to every rule)

Have you ever noticed how much men vary? there are alphas and betas. but there is no alpha and beta of women, there is just women. alphas get the pussy and betas get the offspring. its a cruel world

of course women have no idea they are doing these things really, their instincts kinda do it for them. Hence why women don't know what they want.