Hi, A couple of days ago I ate my first pot brownies. They contained about 1/20th of an ounce of pot. It hit after something like 2.5 hours, and it hit HARD. It was the most intense trip I've ever had on weed, and it lasted for 8 hours! This left me wondering - how come orally ingested THC has such a high duration of effects? I understand that it is digested and released into the blood more gradually (over the course of a few hours), but then the effects should also be more mild than smoking - since the THC will be digested/released into the bloodstream little by little. And if it's actually released all at once, then shouldn't it be metabolized just as fast as if you smoked it? Is orally ingested THC somehow chemically different, potent or harder to metabolize than smoked?