Why don't people feel high the first time smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by TrainReq, Apr 15, 2009.

1. TrainReq

TrainReq New Member

I just always wanted to know why allot of people don't feel high the first time they smoke weed.

I remember the firsrt time I smoked weed, I didn't feel the affects , I think I might have a little bit (though it might of been psychological). I spoke with some of my friends and a few people (about 4/10 people) say that they don't feel shit when they first do it.

The second time I did it I got alittle high, i started laughing hard but I didn't feel much. but the third time I did it I did some good chronic and I ended up getting to a "scary high".

My theory is
    1. People don't inhale right (because when I smoked the first time which was when I was 14 , i haven't even smoked a cigarette)

2. You just dont know the affects of it , just not realizable.

Any inputs?

2. ashlee lynn x0

ashlee lynn x0 Sr. Member

Most of the time it's because people aren't inhaling right, it takes you a couple times to get into the swing of how to smoke properly. I also think not knowing what it feels like maybe has something to do with it.

I didn't get high the first time I smoked, actually the first few times. Then I had some really good bud and I got an amazing high, and have felt the effects every time ever since.

3. nornerator

nornerator New Member

I don't think there is anyone who knows for sure, but considering how widespread it is I think there might be something to this other than just not inhaling properly. Although we won't know until someone does some scientific testing.

4. Smash'N'Dash420

Smash'N'Dash420 New Member

Yeah, it's mostly cuz you don't inhale right. The first time i did it I really never smoked anything besides a few puffs of a cig, and i didn't even inhale. I actually didn't get high the first couple times but then i started smoking cigs alot and now i inhale like a fuckin champ!:hail:

5. fairytale

fairytale New Member

Hmmmm....

My 1st experience with canna was with my Girlfriend in High School. She took some weed from her brothers stash & rolled a Huge joint (ugly sucker as I recall), we started laughing at that point Uncontrollably!!!

After smoking the dub we looked at each other & decided that we didn't "feel" anything. Just Looking at each other again we started in again laughing...I don't think we stopped till it wore off.

Maybe being around the "right" person is a help?? I know what I felt...But didn't Realize it was called being "HIGH"!! Expectations of something Unfamiliar can be hard to 'place' in a mind that has no prior experience with a Unknown.

Again I would say...Better done with a trusted friend @ 1st!! :) Then LAUGH OUT LOUD!! You're There!!!!:D

~Fairytale

6. Nando

Nando Sr. Member

Because they do it wrong.... And Ive seen many people get high on their first time. I always explain it really clearly so they wont waste any MJ.
    Thats a thing that pisses me off. People who want to smoke with you and then spill weed by not smoking correctly. But I just love weed :mj2:

7. Dudeimanoldfart

Dudeimanoldfart New Member

Inhaling right could be a main problem but I think the first few times you smoke you don't really know what to expect. You don't know what being "high" feels like and it takes your body a few tries to realize that this different state of mind IS being high and then you start to appreciate :) haha

8. tdlex420

tdlex420 Sr. Member

I never had the problem of not getting high the first time, in fact I got blazed on my first smoking session. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere on this site that it may have to do with the receptors in your brain and that when THC first reaches them it sometimes doesn't have the same effect as someone who is used to smoking or something like that. I don't know that it's true but it does make some sense.

9. warofages

warofages New Member

I got baked my first time because I smoked cigarettes before it. I didn't feel a body high but I laughed my ass off at the dumbest shit so I consider that being high.

10. Thedayoudied

Thedayoudied New Member

yeah thats pretty much what it is. same with me, i had never smoked a cigarette until i smoked weed, i actually used a soda can pipe with a carb so i was really just like wtfx.

also dont forget how the media and anti drug corps like to act like marijuana is this horrible thing.... n that ur going to hallucinate.... and do all kinds of wacky shit and or lack there of doing wacky things becasue they cant make up their mind on the effects of weed cuz hell lets face it, they've never smoked a day in their life

but yeah it def took until atleast the 3rd, if not 4th time for me to smoke right. or to atleast know that i was high.

11. Snoe

Snoe New Member

I feel like our brain becomes more used to it and understands it more.

Evolving to understand it I guess.

12. Zebra

Zebra New Member

My first time I used a joint and I smoked it incorrectly so I got a very very mild high. Second time my friend told me it's almost impossible to smoke incorrectly out of a bong so I used a bong and I got stoned after 5 hits.

13. CharlesIsACoolCat

CharlesIsACoolCat New Member

First, you must understand that THC cannot be created by our own bodies by themselves. THC must be acquired by an external source, mainly from marijuana. The reason why you don't get high the first time is because when you are first introduced to THC, your body does not know what to do with it. But after the second or even third time, your body will know what to do with the THC and you will feel an intense high that is often called "the highest you will ever be" to first time smokers.

14. Killboy

Killboy New Member

i got fucking stoned out of my mind the first time i smoked like a fucking acid trip lol i was trippin balls :D

15. laCster

laCster Sr. Member

i didnt get high my first time either...but that was my first time smoking anything ...but my second time i got reallly high

16. CloudNineValentine

CloudNineValentine New Member

I was BLASTED my first time.The high completely wore by morning.XD

17. oKoRoYo

oKoRoYo New Member

Well, I figured it is because we're in good shape. I'm in decently good shape and I didn't feel high my first time. But my friend on the other hand is lazy as hell and he got high his first time. I prob got high on my 3rd time smoking. And I smoked a lot my third time so I got very high. It was great but almost a little bit scary for a first timer.