Why is my weed so expensive?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by IVIadIVIax, Sep 16, 2011.

1. IVIadIVIax

IVIadIVIax New Member

So, I've recently started buying my own stuff and when I look online everyones like "oh its only 30-35 for an eighth" but in my town ive gone through 4 dealers and they all want 50$ for a 8th of damn mids. why is it so expensive man? I live in a small town and go to hs by the way if it makes any difference.

2. Catbong

Catbong New Member

Shit. It's 60 for an eighth where I am. I'm about to pay 130 for a quarter.

3. mallitia95

mallitia95 Sr. Tokemaster

30-35 for an eighth is either a good deal, probably known the dealer for a long time. Or they are buying regs. I can get 6 grams of regs for 30 bucks, but with dank I could get more around 1.5 grams.

4. clint902

clint902 Sr. Member

I've noticed a lot of different strains floating around here at a price of $120 an eighth. I think this has a lot to do with the marijuana license's and clinics where people can buy what they want and apparently some folks are selling some of what they get from the dispensaries. People are also growing their own legally in my state from seeds they order from over seas. Can't explain the prices but I can't afford that stuff so I'm sticking with the stuff I've been smoking.

5. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

$120 an eighth!? WTF!

I get my eighths for $60 which is already too much.

4 people like this.
  6. clint902

clint902 Sr. Member

I know it's expensive and I wouldn't pay over $50 a quarter but that stuff's expensive in my area for some reason. Maybe because weed is hard to get in RI because we don't have any dispensaries here and Massachusetts is just over the border. I'm assuming that most of the good stuff is coming from nearby Massachusetts where it's not only decriminalized but easier to get.

7. defdan00

defdan00 New Member

Yeah, depends on where you live. I've bought an eighth for $45-60 but it's dank. I've recently bought half oz for $25 but that's regs. still gets you high but i smoke more of it more often.

8. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

I've heard MA gets good nug for a decent price.
    I live in the Main Line of Pa and it's expensive, but all dank :shrug:

9. cabriosnap

cabriosnap Not Man, Merely a Machine

location location location

5 people like this.
  10. QuirkyTucsonChik

QuirkyTucsonChik New Member

So what are the price ranges in the different states/areas? here in tucson, its relatively cheap being so near mexico.

11. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

$350-$450 an oz here in central FL. Eighths usually run $50-$60. Price varies depending on location, how many hands your pot has gone through, quality, quantity, relationship with your dealer.

Though from what I've seen in high times and other sites/magazines national average is around $400 an oz for good stuff.

There is no way I would pay $120 for an 8th. That's $40 a gram. Only way would be if it were Cannabis Caviar or something similar, but that's supposed to be true one hit quit stuff...

12. ExternalBleeding

ExternalBleeding New Member

Could be your location. I use to live in a small town and the weed there was from $10-20$ a gram for the WORST mids I've ever smoked in my life (I smoked an entire gram of this shit and I was still functionable). I'd suggest going out of town to buy bigger amounts for cheaper (Like a QP) or just growing your own... Because those prices seem to be outrageous. Seriously, I wouldn't even smoke weed if the prices were that fucked.

Wow, I don't even get eighths :p 3g for 20$ or 45$ for a quarter. Canadian, of course (;
    I can't imagine EVER paying over 10$ a gram for ANY sort of weed. Here, no matter how dank it is, 10$ a gram. You'll never find anything any more expensive. And if you do, it's most likely going to be a dealer trying to take advantage of you by selling you like 0.8g of mids...

13. SourDieselMan

SourDieselMan New Member

Where I live an eighth is $35 to $40 for some dank mids.

14. Sierra Twist 11

Sierra Twist 11 Active Member

From what I've heard from a couple other people is this: The farther away you live from where marijuana is mainly grown and cultivated, such as California, the more money you have to pay for your weed. This is meant for those who live in the USA, of course. I don't know for sure if that's true, but it applies perfectly to me.

Or it could just be the law of supply and demand. :D

15. Lpwn_Ranger

Lpwn_Ranger Sr. Member

You can blame the prices on supply and demand.
    Out here there are so many suppliers that the prices remain low, but if the number of suppliers is fewer then the demand per supplier will be higher. The higher the demand the higher they can charge and still retain a majority of their customers. Damn, I read too many economics books...
    That might not make any sense, I can't really tell now, I'm gone...
    Basically the prices are high because they can get away with it, it's just business on their part.

16. cabriosnap

cabriosnap Not Man, Merely a Machine

dono how to find it exactly, but i know for a fact this have been covered in a few threads over the last few years....just sayin;)

17. Dankitydankness

Dankitydankness Sr. Member

You said before that shits going for $120 an eighth in your area. But you wouldn't pay more then $50 for a quarter?

That doesn't make sense

18. clint902

clint902 Sr. Member

What I meant was a special strain such as blueberry or white widow would cost $120 for an eighth but I can get a good quality weed for $50 a quarter with no problem. Sometimes it's good. Other times, maybe not so good but always gets me high. I'm not gonna bankrupt myself just to get the name brand stuff.

I'm currently getting my homegrown weed for free. I recently got some white Siberian seeds which my friend will plant next month. I buy him the supplies and he gives me more weed than I can smoke. It's a win/win relationship.

19. new2twistinup

new2twistinup One with the Universe.

Real dealers in australia charge $50 for an eighth, and middlemen (most common) always add $20 for their own profits so $70 for 1/8... and a gram can vary from $30-$40 depending on if its mids or dank

20. Fridsade

Fridsade New Member

i get dank for $55 an eigght.