Why no seeds?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by jauburn, Jul 7, 2009.

1. jauburn

jauburn New Member

Years ago I would get seeds in almost every bag of dope. No more. Out of the last five ounces I've had one seed. What gives?

2. Mr Charles Fiji

Mr Charles Fiji New Member

Sounds like you're getting better weed to me :cool:

3. xM1DN1GHT T0K3R

xM1DN1GHT T0K3R New Member

your weed is grown better, the growers separated the males from the females, resulting in a higher concentration of THC in the buds and no seeds, you should be happy about it.

4. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

Are you complaining? :p

5. Plaidheart

Plaidheart New Member

mmmm!

I know I wouldn't be complaining, or posting lmao!

6. p0th3d

p0th3d Sr. Member

yeah..i would be very happy about getting less seeds and stronger weed....the only reason i could imagine you would want more seeds is if you were wanting to grow..however that kind of talk is not allowed here

2 people like this.
  7. diddagr

diddagr New Member

maybe your dealer(s) pick the seeds out for their customers. mine does that usually

8. pkster8235

pkster8235 Lazy Dancer

The quality of the weed must be better. I had been smoking for 4 years before seeing my first seed.

9. Mr Charles Fiji

Mr Charles Fiji New Member

Wow, I'm jealous. I had nothing but seedy weed the first year smoking.

10. GeTbLaZed

GeTbLaZed New Member

Yeah i have had a lot of seedy weed. But i switched dealers and i get everything but seeds. SO its better weed i think and they are better dealers or sumthing i dont know man. Its hard to tell cuz im high right n0w so i dont know.

11. Stepchild

Stepchild New Member

I've only ever seen pictures of marijuana seeds.....

:)

12. willowmp

willowmp New Member

Haha dude that is totally a good thing.

13. joshpackr

joshpackr Sr. Member

The grower removes the males before they pollinate the females and he/she is proficient enough at growing that he/she is able to keep female plants from becoming hermaphrodite and pollinating themselves. That's all there is to producing seed-free bud.

14. Montanita

Montanita New Member

Also -- many growers in an indoor grow to control the gentics of a grow will often grow plants from clones -- taking a cutting from a known female plant (the mother plant) which is kept in continual vegetative groeth (never goes to flower -- and then grow the individual clones to full plants and flower -- they only grow female plants and buds. They cut out the possibility of male plants at all in this way and except for a mutation causing a hermaphrodite plant capable of self pollinating, the plants will all go to flower without going to seed.

It is claimed that seedless bud is stronger however I recall testing done many years ago by a group of growers who discovered ino difference int he bd from plants they let go to seed and that grown sensemilla (without seed) so YMMV.